LEGO Bricktales Coming Later This Year

A new LEGO game was announced earlier this week, coming from publisher Thunderful Games. LEGO Bricktales looks like it will encourage building with bricks to solve unique problems and challenges as you journey between differently themed areas like Pirates, Castle, City, Adventurers, and more! The game is being developed by ClockStone Studios, makers of the popular Bridge Constructor series, so you know they're going to be putting an emphasis on physics simulation. You can see that for yourself in the LEGO Bricktales Announcement Trailer over on YouTube, as the player tries several times to build a successful flying machine. I'll definitely be checking this out when it releases later this year during our Twitch Tuesday streams!

View the full article

This sure looks like an interesting new kind of Lego game. The graphics kinda remind me of Lego Builder's Journey, but this time we have actual minifigures. From what I saw in the video, what I find especially neat is how the building feature utilizes somewhat realistic physics, which means these builds can fail if your design is not properly balanced, as if you were actually building with real Lego bricks. I'll definitely be interested in getting this game once it's available, though just like with that other upcoming Lego game, I'll probably wait until sometime later to see if I can buy it on Steam during a sale.

• Upvote 1

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.