New LEGO Set Revealed With Bionicle

http://www.bzpower.info/Imaging/stories/2022/03/3-25-2022-MiniTahu.jpg
The fan community is abuzz because a new LEGO set has been revealed with a Bionicle character in it... although perhaps not in the way many of us were expecting. The French retailer La Grande Récré recently published images for a new LEGO Classic set to celebrate the company's 90th anniversary. The set includes mini builds of various popular models from the company's past, including a small, brick build Toa of Fire. It's a cute homage to our favorite theme, and has some other fun mini builds included in it, making it one of the more interesting Classic sets IMO.

View the full article

• Like 1

It’s nice that we are getting a set with a buildable Bionicle figure, even though that Tahu is tiny. Lol. Anyway, it is not Lego Ideas’ 90th anniversary project. I hope the project will be based on Bionicle rather than Castle because Bionicle has been absent for too long.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

8 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

It’s nice that we are getting a set with a buildable Bionicle figure, even though that Tahu is tiny. Lol. Anyway, it is not Lego Ideas’ 90th anniversary project. I hope the project will be based on Bionicle rather than Castle because Bionicle has been absent for too long.

Castle has already won. Promobricks has already published information about the set: Set number: 10305 Lion King's Castle,based on set 6080 King's Castle from 1984, price: 349.99 euros, Release date: August 2022.

Bionicle G2 ended in 2016, that's 6 years ago now, the last true Lego Castle theme was in 2013, that's 9 years ago now. And even with the Ideas Set and 3 in 1 Creator Castle released last year, that's still an 8 year gap especially since these were only two sets. Not to mention the last Lego buildable figures came out in form of Star Wars in 2018, that was only 4 years ago and some stores still have a few of them. 

Castle fans had to wait a lot longer for just a few sets, unlike Bionicle fans, which atleast still got new buildable figures, albeit not directly from Bionicle, until 2018.

Edited by Sailor Wah!
  • Upvote 1

Is it just me, or does Tiny Tahu remind anyone else of all those chibi sprite comics that were so popular over in Artwork 3 during BZPower's busiest years?

In any case, I'd like to see someone in the fandom rise to the challenge of representing every Bionicle set ever in that style! xD

Edited by That Matoran with a Vahi
  • Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

While it's certainly nice to see Bionicle represented in this set, I'm honestly excited by the wide variety of other iconic sets and themes that are also featured in this set, such as a city police station, the original yellow castle, the classic spaceship, a Technic vehicle, a classic train, the original pirate ship, the Adventurers sphinx, a Ninjago dragon, and of course the old wooden duck that started it all. Needless to say, this one is definitely going to be a must have for me.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

On 3/26/2022 at 5:43 AM, Sailor Wah! said:

Castle has already won. Promobricks has already published information about the set: Set number: 10305 Lion King's Castle,based on set 6080 King's Castle from 1984, price: 349.99 euros, Release date: August 2022.

Not gonna lie- that is pretty heartbreaking. I was always kinda hoping to get the original Toa in minifig form, but whatever.

Might end up picking this one up... and also trying to figure out how to build the rest of the Toa in that style.

Chibi Tahu is adorable.

Heck, all the miniatures are adorable, and quite good for the scale! I will definitely try to aquire this as soon as possible when its released. I am a fan of a lot of these themes, and own a few of the original sets.

I am also looking forward to seeing the actual 90th anniversary set. Castle is good and fine in my books. It's not Bionicle or Blacktron, but castle is fine.

EKnight

My Flickr. Old Bionicles on Brickshelf

small_logo.png

This feels like Lego adding insult to injury. Bad enough they crammed castle into the final vote to ensure Bionicle wouldn't win, but then to go and do this as a cheap, token "acknowledgement" of Bionicle fans... it's honestly really souring my attitude towards the company and community. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar