Overcoming Art Block

Taka Nuvia

takanoir_eyelloooker.jpg

(as always, clicking the preview pic leads to the real art)

This took forever. -.-' But now it's done. I know there must be a ton of drawing mistakes...Done with Staedtler pens (0.1, 0.3, 0.5 and 0.7) and a black Faber-Castell pencil (polychromos)Comments/Criticism appreciated. :)

Edited by Taka Nuvia

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Hi Taka!Wow, this time you truly outdid yourself! I see a new style & a new drawing technique.All those lines, so many details, how much did it take to finish? Taka is so realistic...That 'Twisted Nuva' in the sig is outstanding too, I think I'll leave a post on the blog.I have always admired your art Taka, it's good to see that even after the downtime there's someone who's still keeping the forum alive :)(yay - 1st time I get the 1st reply in one of your topics ^_^)

Edited by Hidron Nuva

hidron_nuva_idea.png

Hi Taka!Wow, this time you truly outdid yourself! I see a new style & a new drawing technique.All those lines, so many details, how much did it take to finish? Taka is so realistic...That 'Twisted Nuva' in the sig is outstanding too, I think I'll leave a post on the blog.I have always admired your art Taka, it's good to see that even after the downtime there's someone who's still keeping the forum alive :)(yay - 1st time I get the 1st reply in one of your topics ^_^)

Hi Hidron! :howdy:Thanks a lot! Yep, I was going for something new with this... it took some hours to get finished, I don't know about the actual time, sadly, because I was far more focusing on drawing.Haha thanks. ^^... now I feel guilty for not really having posted much over the past few weeks... ._. thanks though.(yay ^^)

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I think what strikes me most about this is how well done the colors are. The black parts are very solid, and the shading is really effective. It looks like there's a lot of very fine linework there, and it pays off.I think the only thing about this picture that looks wrong to me is how far back her head is. I think the neck is unnaturally far back in relativity to how she's sitting, which brings the whole head out of line as well.

Very nice! It reminds me of something from a comic book! The detail with the lines is great, and the shadow-shading in the joint of the wings caught my eye (I know, I notice strange things). The shading in the armor actually makes it look smooth, and her mask is excellent!Unlike a lot of (flat-ish looking) cartoon styles, I think this picture suggests a realistic form to Taka Nuvia.Keep up the good work! :D

pony_herd_really_tiny.png

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

-----------------------------------------

Wow...just wow! This piece of artwork is just amazing! I'm at a loss for words right now. The drawing itself is amazing, but I must say, the shading was one of the most intricate and complex part of it all. I don't think I've ever seen anybody shade a drawing so well. The lines that faded away from the shading added a very nice effect to the rest of the drawing. There's not much to critique on this drawing, but...and I know I'm being a bit picky on this, I noticed a few small pencil markings jutting out a bit from different places. Mainly, I'm speaking about the tips of a few parts on the wings. I quickly circled what I'm talking about on GIMP right here to explain my point. It's not really anything big, but I noticed it. However, I thoroughly looked over the drawing, so that's mainly why I noticed it. :P As I said, I'm being a bit picky, but I think it would look a bit better without those lines jutting out. Besides that, I'm in awe just looking at this drawing. You have an amazing talent as an artist and I think you'll go far. Keep up the good work!-Rez

Edited by Reznas Nuva