The Science of the Spherus Magna System

Over the past 2 years I have been slowly working on a scientific investigation of the Spherus Magna Planetary System from BIONICLE. Do you want to know the strength of the surface gravity on Bara Magna? The orbital distance of the Red Star? Take a look at the below links to find out the answers to these and way more questions you probably never asked. I’ve spent so long on this and poured so much time and effort into it and I am so proud of the result. I hope any of you that are interested will check it out - if you get even a tenth of the enjoyment out of it that I did making it, I think it will be time well spent.

I’ve got two versions of the document linked below, the Summary version (which just contains my results without any of the workings out or maths behind it) and the full version (that contains all 53 pages of my full methodology):

Summary Paper: https://www.dropbox.com/s/35bia0e6ikh3zu7/The%20Science%20of%20the%20Spherus%20Magna%20System%20-%20Summary%20Paper.pdf?dl=0

Full Paper: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mxfb3igfxwoem5m/The%20Science%20of%20the%20Spherus%20Magna%20System%20-%20Full%20Paper.pdf?dl=0

Here is a preview of some of my results - a fully to scale map of the system!

Spherus Magna System.jpeg

Edited by RahiWatching
  • Like 4

Banner.jpeg

Wow, this looks very thorough. I haven't read all of it yet, but you've definitely piqued my interest.

Meanwhile, I find it amazing that even 12 years after its cancellation (disregarding G2), Bionicle lore manages to inspire so much fan analysis and theories. :D

Aqua Magna and Bota Magna didn't actually orbit Bara Magna. They all had their own separate orbits around Solis Magna, and the whole reason Mata Nui had that "map" in his brain was when their positions aligned just right so he could rebuild the planet.  It was a reminder of *when* he had to return from his mission, not where. This definitely wasn't made up my me at all just now.

This is some seriously good stuff, I envy your ability!

Edited by Lorentz

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

I can't be the only one who thought Bara Magna was the Death Star for a second.

But seriously, this is wicked cool. I love it when people look at Bionicle from a realistic lens, and especially as far as natural sciences go, I know Bionicle's track record isn't perfect. But this is cool, even if I have no idea what it means.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

On 4/3/2022 at 3:48 AM, Lorentz said:

Aqua Magna and Bota Magna didn't actually orbit Bara Magna. They all had their own separate orbits around Solis Magna, and the whole reason Mata Nui had that "map" in his brain was when their positions drew close enough for him to rebuild the planet.  It was a reminder of when he had to return from his mission. This definitely wasn't made up my me at all just now.

This is some seriously good stuff, I envy your ability!

That's actually a really cool idea, I'll have to consider making that my headcanon.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...