Happy 10th anniversary, Breakout! :)

What it says here. Happy anniversary to Hero Factory’s 2012 story arc’s 10th anniversary. It’s called Breakout. I wrote about this here: 

Anyway, it is about heroes recapturing villains who escaped from their prison in the Hero Factory. Specially, the Alpha 1 Team, all nine Heroes, who got special upgrades that are made to adapt to the villains’ surroundings, go to get their enemies. One of the members named Daniel Rocka stays in the Hero Factory to uncover an evil plot. Meanwhile, a villain called the Black Phantom, who masterminded the breakout, came into the factory and controlled it. Rocka dodges everything that BP threw at him. When four of the team’s members were done capturing their enemies, they came to help. Rocka revealed that he is also a member of the Hero Recon Team, who were introduced in 2011. The five Heroes stopped Black Phantom from destroying the factory. However, Rocka and Nathaniel Zib discovered that BP caused the Breakout, so he can send the schematics for the Hero Factory to an unknown ally, so this other villain will use the plans to make a Villain Factory. 

During the recapturing mission, there are many villains still on the loose. Core Hunter, Bulk’s villain is nowhere to be seen (I still think he is alive somewhere after the Doom Box ordeal) and it is said that Voltix is still on the loose. There are also the 2010 and 2011 villains still on the loose (not counting Drax or Quatros animals because they were just mind-controlled slaves. In the Brain Attack story arc in 201:, most of the villains are recaptured, and the mission is still ongoing. Though we do not know who is the villain that got the schematics, someone used the schematics to send his creations, the Brains, to attack the Hero Factory. There is no signs of a Villain Factory. 

The story arc was told through two TV episodes in a special, which aired 10 years and 3 days ago, and the two chapter books called Secret Missions. The books were used to expand on things. Could have made them TV episodes instead because it is what Hero Factory was known for. The story arc is the best one there is because many stuff were done right, like the CCBS being utilized better than in 2011. It was nice to see the villains from 2010 and 2011 story arcs. However, Vapor, Core Hunter, XT4, or Thornraxx were sadly never seen in the episodes. Bulk’s, Breez’s, or Nex’s Breakout forms weren’t in the TV show at all. Also, there is an online game, which is Hero Factory’s own Bionicle: The Legend of Mata Nui in 2001, but not cancelled. It is a good game and it is the best one, but it doesn’t have XT4 or his own level. We got some hits and misses, and talk about some lazy work and low budget. 

The Villain Factory is still in my head. It was a way to make Hero Factory be more like Bionicle in terms of story, which was good, but hadn’t expanded on that. All we got are Brain Attack in 2013 and Invasion from Below in 2014. Pitiful. 

So, guys, what are your fond memories of the storyline, what do you like about it, what’s your favorite 2012 set, favorite character(s) in 2012, favorite moment in the storyline, and/or how would you celebrate it? For me, well, my favorite sets are Stormer, Furno, Rocka, Stringer, Bulk, Breez, Voltix, Black Phantom, Speeda Demon, XT4, and Core Hunter, and my favorite characters are Stormer, Furno, Rocka, Voltix, Speeda Demon, Black Phantom, and Core Hunter. :)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Not perfect, but stillt the best year for HF. After that, unfortunately, things went only downhill for HF.

1 hour ago, Lenny7092 said:

what’s your favorite 2012 set

Hero: Rocka and Stringer

Villian: Core Hunter and Black Phantom

how would you celebrate it?

I wouldn't. I don't see any reason to celebrate it was just another year for HF.

In general, I don't celebrate anniversaries of Lego Themes and their years and waves. How should I even celebrate something like that either?

Edited by Sailor Wah!

You post too much on my stuff. You really need to stop.

Funny how you think it's okay to say that to people who are making valid responses to your topics, but not when people asked you to stop plugging your Bionicle/Hero Factory crossover fanfic idea in every thread you could find. 

Edited by Nato G
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

4 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

You post too much on my stuff. You really need to stop. I’m trying to help BZPers celebrate, not letting you keeping saying this nonsense to me, please.

What did Wah even say that was wrong? They literally just answered the questions in your post. Are you mad because they didn't use one of your silly hashtags or something?

As for my response, I wasn't really into HF when this arc started. I remember seeing some of the sets, but I kind of stopped paying attention after the third wave.

• Upvote 1

On 4/5/2022 at 2:51 PM, Lenny7092 said:

You post too much on my stuff. You really need to stop. I’m trying to help BZPers celebrate, not letting you keeping saying this nonsense to me, please.

Stop being so hostile and rude to him. We don't appreciate this kind of stuff here. Then again, I see that his posts have been edited so maybe your words were justified at some point, but now they're not. You should consider editing your post too in turn. 

Anyway, Surge and Breez are pretty good sets.

Edited by Lorentz
  • Like 1

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

22 hours ago, Lorentz said:

Stop being so hostile and rude to him. We don't appreciate this kind of stuff here. Then again, I see that his posts have been edited so maybe your words were justified at some point, but now they're not. You should consider editing your post too in turn. 

Anyway, Surge and Breez are pretty good sets.

Sometime, he can be sarcastic. You may have a hard time trusting people like him when he kept on following me and make weird comments on whatever my post for several months. I mean, I don’t want him to make others think like him in a weird way. I’m sorry, but really. At least you reply a little better than him. I am always harassed by mean social media people in Facebook, Instagram, and others who talk like him, even worse. I always try to state my points, which can logically happen, but they bash for no apparent reason.

Edited by Lenny7092
Forget the last four parts.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

2 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

Sometime, he can be sarcastic. You may have a hard time trusting people like him when he kept on following me and make weird comments on whatever my post for several months. I mean, I don’t want him to make others think like him in a weird way. I’m sorry, but really. At least you reply a little better than him. I am always harassed by mean social media people in Facebook, Instagram, and others who talk like him, even worse. I always try to state my points, which can logically happen, but they bash for no apparent reason.

And how did my post harassed or was weird to you? You asked how we would celebrate the 10th anniversary of Breakout and I gave my answer: I wouldn't celebrate it because it's not that important to me, but if you or others celebrate it you can do it, I don't mind. I also didn't want to impose my opinion on anyone or anything like that.

On 4/11/2022 at 9:20 AM, Lenny7092 said:

Sometime, he can be sarcastic.

So?

On 4/11/2022 at 9:20 AM, Lenny7092 said:

You may have a hard time trusting people like him when he kept on following me and make weird comments on whatever my post for several months. I mean, I don’t want him to make others think like him in a weird way. I’m sorry, but really. At least you reply a little better than him. I am always harassed by mean social media people in Facebook, Instagram, and others who talk like him, even worse. I always try to state my points, which can logically happen, but they bash for no apparent reason.

Can you provide some examples of these "weird comments" orbashings? A few screenshots or quotes, if you would. If something truly goes against the rules, it's better to just quietly report it to an admin or something along those lines. 

Edited by Lorentz
  • Upvote 1

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

7 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

when he kept on following me and make weird comments on whatever my post for several months

Yes... that's what he was doing. 

He definitely wasn't replying to the very few active threads in this barely alive forum. 

• Like 4

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The best thing about Breakout for me is the Cryoshell song. That's one of few HF things at all that seemed truly BIONICLE to me. As for the sets, the villains that year were pretty good. I personally always find HF villains way more interesting than heroes. I guess the set designers were just more comfortable being experimental with the bad guys. Jawblade was my favorite villain and Evo my favorite hero that year.

I don't really celebrate BIONICLE/HF anniversaries. Together, they lasted 14 years. Every year is the anniversary of something constraction-related. Sometimes, I'll stop and think to myself, "Hey, 2004 was this many years ago. Neat." Maybe I'll watch some old commercials or a movie, but I don't really celebrate these things. The way you word it makes it sound like there's an established practice of BIONICLE fans throwing parties or something, which would be fun, but it's just not realistic.

This topic took a really weird turn. Lenny, you have a problem when it comes to taking criticism, so much that you get defensive even when you're not being challenged. Wah's comment was totally normal. He's way nicer than I would have been if I were commenting first. You act like there's some concerted effort for all of us to come along and ruin your topics specifically, but I can assure you there's not. Nato hit the nail on the head: there's not a ton of activity these days, and you tend to post a lot of topics for things that other people wouldn't consider topic-worthy, so naturally people reply to them even if their content isn't necessarily that substantial, and we tell you that.

Usually, your anniversary topics don't interest me too much because there's so many of them and they all basically say the same thing: it's [x] years since this storyline (followed by an encyclopedic recounting of that storyline), what were your favorite parts, and how do you celebrate it? For reference, 2007 was my favorite year of BIONICLE, and I don't celebrate it in any noticeable way. I just have all the sets and media, and I use them sometimes, and that's pretty much it.

In response to all this, I have a question for you, Lenny: how would you celebrate the Hero Factory 2012 anniversary?

• Upvote 2

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!