Metal

Arcee

This is a pretty broad topic, but since BZP isn't very active anymore I figured broad is better than specific. 

What metal bands/songs/albums are your favorites?

Some bands I'm into at the moment:

Acid Bath, Napalm Death, Chat Pile, Immolation, The Body, Cattle Decapitation, Darkthrone, Anaal Nathrakh, Mayhem's later work, Sepultra, Job For A Cowboy

Favorite albums would have to be:

Acid Bath - Paegan Terrorism Tactics & When The Kite String Pops

Immolation - Close To A World Below

Napalm Death - Utilitarian

Black Sabbath - Master Of Reality

Well, we do have The Official Heavy Metal Topic, but as you noted, BZP isn't really active so I doubt it matters lol.

Recently, I've been listening to a lot of Carcass, Cattle Decap, Fallujah, and Allegaeon. Been on a bit of a death metal kick lol.

Favorite albums (in no particular order) would have to be Demanufacture by Fear Factory, The Impossibility of Reason by Chimaira, Rust in Peace and Peace Sells by Megadeth, Dirt by Alice in Chains, Hatebreeder by Children of Bodom, and Blood Mountain by Mastodon.

But anyways, don't expect this topic to be too active. :P

Dirt is great, just recently got into AIC actually. 

I've been on a death metal kick as well, just recently saw Immolation live which may have been part of that. I've been especially getting into some older 90s stuff like Death and Sodom.

11 hours ago, Arcee said:

Dirt is great, just recently got into AIC actually. 

I've been on a death metal kick as well, just recently saw Immolation live which may have been part of that. I've been especially getting into some older 90s stuff like Death and Sodom.

To be honest, I haven't really listened to much Chains outside of their first three albums. Nothing against Duvall, but it just isn't the same without Layne.

I'm soooo ready for live shows. Covid really ruined these last few years, but I'm excited to finally be able to start seeing some live music again. :3 First show I'm going to is the Megadeth/Lamb of God tour. ^^

Can't go wrong with either of those! Agent Orange is a killer album by Sodom, and pretty much everything from Death is excellent. I don't know if you're really into melodeath, but Hypocrisy has some great material. Same goes for Children of Bodom, my all-time favorite band. If you're looking for recommendations, Hypocrisy's self titled album and Abducted are two of their greatest imo. Or, you can check out Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper by Children of Bodom. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

There are a couple tracks from Within Temptation that I love. I've listened to "Mother Earth" many, many times.

The only metal I really listen to is an album here and there that gets recommended to me, but they comprise some of my favorite music.

I love TOOL, I've listened to Fear Inoculum more times than I can count and most of their older music too. Also saw them in concert. Also "In Cauda Venenum" by Opeth, and Moonspell's first couple of albums.

Nightwish and Rhapsody of Fire are great but I don't listen to them too much anymore.

IetTsFQ.png

I've heard some good stuff from Nightwish, particularly Amaranth. I should listen to some more from them when I get a chance.

Mother Earth was one of the albums from Within Temptation I listened to. My favorite track from it is Perfect Harmony, which is...not the most metal song ever.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I love most heavy, thrash, and kind of old school black and death. Kreator and Death are my all time favorites. Every Death album is perfect imo. Phantom Antichrist, Gods of Chaos, HUA, Enemy of God, Coma of Souls are my favorites. Sepultura, Sodom, Slayer, Darkthrone, Wolves in the Throne Room, Alcest, Behemoth, Candlemass, Extol, Mortification (I’m not a Christian anymore but they are still good), Belphegor, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, The later Unleashed albums, Obituary, Deicide, and lots of others.

• Upvote 1