Set Review: 9444 Cole's Tread Assault

xccj

9444_ColesTreadAssault_teaser.jpgWhile we're taking a break from the constraction reviews we thought we'd take a look at another Ninjago set. Today it's Cole's Tread Assault being examined by Emzee. Read on to see what he had to say about this ninja monstertruck thing. View The Full Article

That's what always bothered me about the Ninja! It had been lurking in the back of my mind --- the Earth Ninja shares his name with Chancellor Cole from The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks!Anyway, inevitable shared name business aside, this looks like a fairly standard set. Certainly it has an interesting design, but that's about it.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

It looks cool, and I'm glad it has unique minifigs. Not sure if I'm going to get it, though.By the way, did anyone else think, "Lego is making inFamous sets..." when they read "Cole"?

The minifigs in this set aren't really unique. Skales comes in the Destiny's Bounty, and Cole ZX has a spinner in this year's starter set.Nonetheless, this is a nice looking set. Based on how it's built, I imagine the transforming function works a great deal better than that of Kai's Blade Cycle. I personally love the dark brown details, although like the reviewer I wish the lime "snake" details were at least better hidden when the set is right-side up.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The set's minifigs do look awesome and I just discovered they brought back a piece the launcher that is on it has not been used for a while.

What do you mean? That's been used all over the place! Last year it was on Nuckal's ATV and Battle for Geonosis, the year before it was in a couple of Atlantis, Space Police, and World Racers sets. They've never stopped using it.

The set's minifigs do look awesome and I just discovered they brought back a piece the launcher that is on it has not been used for a while.

What do you mean? That's been used all over the place! Last year it was on Nuckal's ATV and Battle for Geonosis, the year before it was in a couple of Atlantis, Space Police, and World Racers sets. They've never stopped using it.
i think he was talking about the missile itself, the round-rubber one

so...this is...my sig...

i'll put some stuff here soon...

don't really know why i'm typing this...

i'm so pathetic...

it's bulk 3.0 time!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ehthak/HFChibis/bulk3.0.swf

props to Xidash for the sig, got it from the epig sigpet shop!

Yup the missile is what I am talking about..

Yup the missile is what I am talking about..
But this set uses the same newer missile. The old round one wouldn't even fit where it's placed in this set. So I still don't understand what you're talking about.