Bricklink Designer Program Round 3 Crowdfunding Begins Tomorrow

If you had your eye on any of the remaining projects in the Bricklink Designer Program 2021 Invitational, make sure you set your alarms! Round 3 of the crowdfunding part of the program begins tomorrow, May 17th, at 5 PM UTC (1 PM Eastern), and the first five out of nine projects to reach three-thousand preorders will go into production. In the running are: Brickwest Stuidoes ($350), 1950s Diner ($130), Train Station Studgate ($400), Winter Chalet ($200), Working Waterfall ($230), Space Troopers ($200), Mountain View Observatory ($320), Steam Powered Science ($300), and Modular Construction Site ($320). Which do you think will make it? Let us know, along with which ones you may be supporting yourself, in the Talkback!

View the full article

Although I won't be making any preorders for any of these (I'm saving my funds for some other official Lego sets that I'd like to get soon), I will say that the ones among these that interest me are Working Waterfall, Space Troopers, Mountain View Observatory, and Modular Construction Site. I certainly look forward to seeing if any of those four will be among the five that'll receive enough support for production.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

I just checked the progress and it seems all five winners are already completely sold out. For the record, the winning models were Mountain View Observatory, 1950s Diner, Winter Chalet, Studgate Train Station, and Modular Construction Site. I guess it's good to at least see half of the models that interested me got enough support.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.