What's new in the world of BIONICLE?

Randos

Haven't logged on here in over 10 years.  What's new for this site, since, and for the BIONICLE Universe at large?

I'm currently working on a MoC that'll blow your minds. Spoilers: It's coming along ICEly thus far. I think that the final product will be really COOL. Could create a SNOWBALL effect of copy-catting.

It'd be extremely difficult to sum up a decade's worth of information in a concise format. Too bad there's no way to read old threads. I want to see that MOC that your signature is referencing.

1 - Greg got laid off by Lego, and now he's working on an original, non-Bionicle story that has some previews posted on the TTV forums. 
2 - On the TTV Forums, there have been a lot of Canonization Contests for characters that never had sets, like the rest of the Toa Hagah. Just like the creation of the Universe, this has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
3 - Bionicle had a reboot in 2015 that was supposed to last at least three years, but it got cancelled early after two. 
4 - 3D Printers have been allowing fans to create custom masks and other parts, and many online shops for them have popped up.
5 - There's a lot of fan-made Bionicle content being made, from revamps of Bionicle Heroes, to animated series like The Mangai Project, to tabletop RPGs like Doronai Nui.
6 - Pic Related is what Lego gave us to commemorate Bionicle's legacy on their 90th Anniversary. 

a1c19def64[1].png

Edited by Lorentz
  • Upvote 1

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

• 2 weeks later...

There's now a Bionicle Heroes modding community adding new characters and gameplay - as well as many different visual takes - to the game! Given the game's abandonware, these mods are all hosted either standalone or with a handy modder resource linked. You can get started on ModDB here to see the major mods and their respective pages, though some smaller additions are also visible in the Addons tab too, and the Modder Edition - which is used both for installing smaller mods more easily and for learning how to mod yourself - is available in the Files section. More mods are in production from the community and plenty more is on its way! If you want to keep an eye on the modding community and even learn how to mod yourself, you can join our Discord here

• 2 months later...

A digital building tool, developed by Bricklink, called Studio, has changed the way a lot of people build. Now many people build entirely digitally and make Mocs with all sorts of colours not available irl and model custom masks and parts. Many people also simply use it as a way of planning a creation before buying physical parts.

I think it wouldn't a bold claim to say between that and the Flickr Mocs, Discord servers etc. that the Moc making community is well and thriving!

Sadly the YouTube stopmotion side of things is dead. There's plenty of review channels and commentary, which is thriving; but not many brickfilmers/biotubers making good old stopmotions nowadays.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 7:06 PM, Axelford said:

I think it wouldn't a bold claim to say between that and the Flickr Mocs, Discord servers etc. that the Moc making community is well and thriving!

I've even seen Mocs floating around on reddit! So I agree it does seem like that side of the community is alive and well.

On 6/3/2022 at 7:30 AM, Distorted said:

Probably the biggest news is that the long-lost PC game Legend of Mata Nui is now available to play.

Do you happen to know if the Biomedia project link for Rebuilt still active? I've played around with it before but only found a 404, but that could be because I didn't use the launcher installer 😅