Strangest Places You Have Encountered Other Bionicle Fans?

Not encountered personally, but... most surprising for me was when an online friend, who I'd made a long time ago now on a completely unrelated roleplaying site, got a boyfriend who happened to also be a Bionicle fan! To the point where she once asked my advice on Bionicle merchandise she could buy for him, heh ^^

Edited by That Matoran with a Vahi
  • Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

• 4 months later...

Furry discord for me as well, but that's probably one of the least strange places to find one.

Bazinga! I've been a Bionicle Fan since early 2015 and have been aware of it since 2008. Was a bit late to the party due to my age, but that doesn't matter now. Looking for krana and sealed G1 sets at below market value if possible, (otherwise it'll be a few years before I care to collect sets I don't care as much about) Bohrok Kal and Krana Kal Mask Pack sets are ones I am particularly looking for atm.

I go by Nektann or Marcato usually online.

• 4 months later...

"We met other Bionicle fans on furry forums"

My honest reaction to that information: 
image.png.2717dfb7e1ccbe581b808051a6d7a78e.png

🤪

Honestly though I am not really one who finds Bionicle fans that often, its more that I am the one putting out bait for them to find me. Drop a Bionicle reference into a railroad fan group to see if how many people catch the joke. Etc.

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

• 2 months later...
On 3/11/2023 at 11:35 AM, Xboxtravis said:

Honestly though I am not really one who finds Bionicle fans that often, its more that I am the one putting out bait for them to find me. Drop a Bionicle reference into a railroad fan group to see if how many people catch the joke. Etc.

Bionicle Train

• 1 month later...

The strangest situation I can recall was I was working at a campground and checking in an older couple and somehow referenced BZPower and they knew about the site because their kid was a member.  Don't remember all the details of the conversation but it was quite the coincidence.

More recently, I had a gas station attendant recognize my Kanohi bumper stickers as Bionicle masks.

:music:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...