Dark Blue Kaukau with bubble cheeks

Purplepox

I recently came into possession of a normal dark blue Kaukau but it has bubble cheeks. I can't find anything about bubble cheeks Kaukaus in anything other than light blue. Does anyone have a mask like this, or at least any information about it?

IMG_20220605_100205__01.jpg

So I'm not sure about any more recent info, but there is a pretty good post in the Official Rare and Promotional Collectibles Topic on these. They seem to be an early production unit using a mold that was closer to the prototype mold than what we eventually got. I don't think they're incredibly common, but are probably looked over a lot, unlike the light blue variants, because they aren't a neat unique color. I have one of them, and I can tell you I found it in a batch of sealed Euro Mask Pack Polybags along with other masks you would normally find in those packs (noble misprints) and interestingly enough, a raised cheek bubble light blue Kaukau. Do you happen to know where you got yours from?

2 hours ago, Darknut said:

So I'm not sure about any more recent info, but there is a pretty good post in the Official Rare and Promotional Collectibles Topic on these. They seem to be an early production unit using a mold that was closer to the prototype mold than what we eventually got. I don't think they're incredibly common, but are probably looked over a lot, unlike the light blue variants, because they aren't a neat unique color. I have one of them, and I can tell you I found it in a batch of sealed Euro Mask Pack Polybags along with other masks you would normally find in those packs (noble misprints) and interestingly enough, a raised cheek bubble light blue Kaukau. Do you happen to know where you got yours from?

Mine came from a seller on bricklink so I couldn't tell you the source. Would you have any idea how rare these are as compared to the light blue version?

If the seller was in Europe it's probably safe to assume the mask came from one of those packs. Not sure about rarity, I don't think there's any hard data out there on rarity within a specific mask pack. But, if the probability of any mask in the pool within a pack is pretty much equal, then you would think it's about as rare as a Light Blue Kaukau with the bubble cheeks. Maybe post in the Official Rare and Promotional Collectibles topic about it, some people with more knowledge on these things there might have more answers for you. I'm curious too about it's rarity, it is a weird overlooked piece for sure.