My Kanohi Collection (300+ masks, mismolds/misprints, prototypes, customs)

I finished posted my Kanohi collection to Instagram, so I wanted to share it with everyone here. To my knowledge, it's the most complete collection in North America (but if I'm wrong, please correct me). You can zoom in on Flickr, but I'd really appreciate it if you liked, shared, and followed me on Instagram!

And if you have any masks that I'm missing and you're willing to part with them, please DM me!

Instagram Posts:

52130063414_fb0caf9059_k.jpg

None of these are for sale/trade, so please don't ask.

• Like 1
gallery_114868_370_4342.png

Very impressive!

TenderMisguidedChrysomelid-max-1mb.gif.a9b4d9c1c24f3cddb4a012c50d8db0a4.gif

In all seriousness though, it's quite a collection, you should be proud of it!

One thing I noticed is that all of the Makuta and Shadow Matoran Kanohi are missing, are you just missing all of those, or did you choose not to include them in this lineup?

• Upvote 1

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

I'm also missing the Glatorian masks. The problem I have is that these display boxes are cheap and the perfect size for two 48x48 baseplates, BUT there are too many masks for 3 display boxes, but not enough to fill 4 display boxes. I suppose if I got enough customs then I could fill 4 display boxes.

However, people over on Reddit seem to think "most complete" means " 100% complete", and they're giving me a headache because I don't have the Lewa Axalara variant (which I don't think looks that good). A 4th box may be necessary just to quiet some annoying people.

8 hours ago, InkAlchemist1994 said:

I'm also missing the Glatorian masks. The problem I have is that these display boxes are cheap and the perfect size for two 48x48 baseplates, BUT there are too many masks for 3 display boxes, but not enough to fill 4 display boxes. I suppose if I got enough customs then I could fill 4 display boxes.

However, people over on Reddit seem to think "most complete" means " 100% complete", and they're giving me a headache because I don't have the Lewa Axalara variant (which I don't think looks that good). A 4th box may be necessary just to quiet some annoying people.

I wouldn't bother if that's not something you want to do. Don't worry about what other people think if you're happy with what you've got!

10 hours ago, InkAlchemist1994 said:

I didn't even think about the Glatorian masks, since they're not technically Kanohi (minus Mata Nui's yellow Ignika). Yeah I did notice the Axalara Miru was missing, but I figured there was a good reason for it. :)

Edited by TERIDAX941

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

• 2 months later...

This is amazing. Honestly the only thing I wonder is how you mounted some of them. And yes there will always be the issue of "completion" from random people but the line between mask and helmet gets kind of blurred, so you gotta pick a spot to cut it off at anyway. 

Edited by HellsSponge

Most of them are just connected to Mata and Metru heads.

The Inika masks use a technic axle and one of these: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=6553#T=C

Some of the later Matoran (bottom corner of the third case) are just on one of these: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=32016#T=C

I had to get creative with the Ultimate Dume mask,but I don't remember what I did.

And the G2 masks are obviously on G2 heads.

On 6/10/2022 at 7:40 AM, Taria Pakari said:

And then they'll start pestering you about not having all the solid gold kanohi and platinum avohkii. There's no pleasing those kinds of people. :v

I still get to say happily I touched the Platinum Avohkii once. No I don't own it, that thing is pricier than my entire net worth... BUT I did touch it. 🤣

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Wouldn't the silver Ignika look better next to the 2008 Toa Nuva masks? He was that year's 7th Toa, after all.

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

On 6/8/2022 at 12:11 AM, InkAlchemist1994 said:

I finished posted my Kanohi collection to Instagram, so I wanted to share it with everyone here. To my knowledge, it's the most complete collection in North America (but if I'm wrong, please correct me). You can zoom in on Flickr, but I'd really appreciate it if you liked, shared, and followed me on Instagram!

And if you have any masks that I'm missing and you're willing to part with them, please DM me!

Instagram Posts:

52130063414_fb0caf9059_k.jpg

None of these are for sale/trade, so please don't ask.

Where did you get translucent yellow Ignika? Did you made it by yourself, or it was promotional mask?