Bionicle Memes 2: Tahnok-kal Boogaloo

Post some, OP. 

thanos1.png

• Like 4

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

51 minutes ago, Alexander123 said:

This makes literally zero sense. 

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sadly it's true, its like a real minefield to understand where to begin. The fact that the entire beginning came from book near the end of the series in 2009 (How the Spherus Magna planet destruction began) and how mutran figured out how it the robot worked came from a 2008 serial/and books as well.
Basically every year the hero sets would be a new teams... But most of all the villains sets had backstories how they existed for many years. This was obvious with the the Visorak, the Piraka, Barraki, the 2008 Makuta sets who were literally ancient demigods and the bara magna species as a whole were even older than that.

Nowadays there are plenty of good videos to learn about it.

Edited by (-Kopaka Toa of Ice-)
  • Upvote 1

I'd argue that just... reading/watching everything in release order is a pretty solid way to learn the lore. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

9 hours ago, Alexander123 said:

Its referencing how overly complicated Bionicle lore is to someone new to the franchise trying to figure out everything compared to something simple like Hero Factory.

Bionicle and Hero Factory have completely unrelated stories, so "It's not a story Hero Factory would tell" doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. And Bionicle lore is very learn-able, so the entire meme falls completely flat.

On 6/25/2022 at 3:24 PM, (-Kopaka Toa of Ice-) said:

its like a real minefield to understand where to begin

You start at the beginning. It's that simple.

The fact that the entire beginning came from book near the end of the series in 2009

No, the beginning came from 2001, when the Toa Mata landed on Mata Nui. Are you confusing backstory with the actual beginning of the narrative?

Basically every year the hero sets would be a new teams...

This is blatantly nonsense. From 2001-2003, it was the Toa Mata/Nuva. Then from 2004-2005 we got the prequel story about the Toa Metru/Hordika. Then from 2006-2007 we got the Toa Inika/Mahri. And then in 2008 we got the Nuva again. Over the course of about ten years, it was only three different teams, of which only two were active at the same time.

But most of all the villains sets had backstories how they existed for many years.

Yes, this is how storytelling works. New characters always have a backstory. Half the fun of being introduced to a new villain midway through a story is learning about their history. What kind of point are you trying to make? Would you prefer new villains to just pop into existence out of nowhere, or for new villains to not exist at all?

EDIT: I am the meme police.

Edited by Lorentz
  • Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 3:26 PM, Alexander123 said:

Its referencing how overly complicated Bionicle lore is to someone new to the franchise trying to figure out everything compared to something simple like Hero Factory.

To provide some additional context, there was a particular user here who really wanted Bionicle G1 and Hero Factory to share the same universe. I think that might help explain the reaction.

GENERATION 4: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

• BionicleBean changed the title to Bionicle Memes 2: Tahnok-kal Boogaloo
15 hours ago, Fyndegil said:

To provide some additional context, there was a particular user here who really wanted Bionicle G1 and Hero Factory to share the same universe. I think that might help explain the reaction.

Yeah I remember that guy. He had the long and unwieldy hashtag posts, what happened to him? He was kind of endearing in an annoying way.

Post image

5 hours ago, Alexander123 said:

He had the long and unwieldy hashtag posts, what happened to him? He was kind of endearing in an annoying way.

I haven't seen him around since the forum downtime a little while back. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

On 6/28/2022 at 10:15 PM, Fyndegil said:

On 6/29/2022 at 1:51 PM, Alexander123 said:

Yeah I remember that guy. He had the long and unwieldy hashtag posts, what happened to him? He was kind of endearing in an annoying way.

On 6/29/2022 at 6:58 PM, Nato G said:

I haven't seen him around since the forum downtime a little while back. 

Sorry to go off-topic, but I think I've seen him active on Lego Ideas, particularly on some of the product ideas based on Bionicle. As an example, check out the comments on the one named "Mata Nui Rises" (currently getting close to 9000 of the 10,000 votes of supported needed) and you'll see that he's still as persistent as always.

Edited by Chronicler06

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.