Anyone have an archive of the BZPowercast?

Kopekemaster

Hello everyone. Been a while.

I was wondering if anyone had an archive of the BZPowercast. I loved listening through it while BZPower was offline around 2010/2011 before I got a chance to make an account, particularly Hahli Hahli and Janus (Janus)'s dramatic readings of the comics and Smeagol4/Princess Grrr's music. It's still on iTunes, but are unavailable (presumably whatever server that the files were being hosted on got disconnected or something). If anyone could help me find the podcast files, I'd really appreciate it.

Kopekemaster

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

3 hours ago, Kopekemaster said:

Hello everyone. Been a while.

I was wondering if anyone had an archive of the BZPowercast. I loved listening through it while BZPower was offline around 2010/2011 before I got a chance to make an account, particularly Hahli Hahli and Janus (Janus)'s dramatic readings of the comics and Smeagol4/Princess Grrr's music. It's still on iTunes, but are unavailable (presumably whatever server that the files were being hosted on got disconnected or something). If anyone could help me find the podcast files, I'd really appreciate it.

Kopekemaster

Thanks for pointing that out! I think they should be working on iTunes and elsewhere again, including searching for the stories in the front page archives.

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, Valendale said:

I can find one on November 19, 2002. The link in the news article is the same one on the sidebar to https://www.bzpower.info/index.php?go=bzpowercast

So I was able to find the original files! Now I just have to figure out a good way to share them. I have some ideas that I'll get cracking on.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/15/2022 at 12:00 AM, Valendale said:

I can find one on November 19, 2002. The link in the news article is the same one on the sidebar to https://www.bzpower.info/index.php?go=bzpowercast

I've put together an archive of the original BZPowercast! Let me know what you think and if you have any feedback or suggestions.

• Upvote 1

On 10/13/2022 at 8:48 PM, Valendale said:

Is there not a way to actually listen to the podcasts on those pages or am I just missing something?

Unfortunately not. I tried to find a plugin or something that would allow you to do that, but didn't have any luck. Maybe at some point we'll upload them to YouTube or something as well.

• Upvote 1

On 10/16/2022 at 7:22 PM, Valendale said:

Yeah, I think a YouTube upload would be more than fine.

I've tried adding a YouTube video to Episode 0, let me know if that looks good to you and I can work on adding them for the rest. Yes the image is very lo-res, I don't feel like recreating the old gif in hi-res. :P

• Like 1

• 2 months later...