Project needs voice actors

Tattorack

Alright, so I'm working on an animation project and everything is more or less ready for the actual animation.
But ima need voice acting. If you have a decent mike and feel like volunteering don't be afraid to let it be known.

There are two characters: Mazeka and Ahkmou.

Mazeka is a Ko Matoran, meaning he's naturally cold in his mannerism and doesn't display a lot of emotion. But he's also a trained professional agent of the Order.
He needs to have a sort of cold, gruff "action hero" type voice.

Ahkmou, formerly a Po Matoran, so he's naturally competitive in his mannerism. He himself was also a carver and salesperson, so he should have a certain charisma. He is also, especially in this case, quite evil, and maybe a tad bit unhinged.

I would very much like the various elements to have different accents. let's discuss the kind of accents Ko Matoran and Po Matoran would have. It was already bounced at me that Ko Matoran would have an icelandic accent. So something in the Scandinavian area of accents. But I'd like to hear your ideas as well.

If push comes to shove I can always do the voice acting myself, but I thought I'd run it by the community first.

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

19 minutes ago, Heyzorks said:

Get someone (Not me though) to do a Danny Devito Impression. I think that would work for Ahkmou wonderfully.

Maybe as a parody of the character, but otherwise I don't think so. I certainly want to avoid any American accents for Po-Matoran's in general and Ahkmou in particular needs to have a certain charisma to him, or at least, not the kind that Danny Devito... uh... has...

These are test frames from the first 1080 frames of animation. Looks like Ahkmou's face might need an extra rimlight of sorts as he's a little too shrouded in darkness as it is.

Finer animations (i.e. expression movement, eyelids, eye movement) will get done once I have some voice acting. Currently what I'm working are my own voice lines I recorded to get the larger animations lined up.

I hope to get this done by 810NICLE DAY, but eh... there's no guarantee. All I can say is it'll most likely be done somewhere in August.

test frame 01.png

test frame 02.png

test frame 03.png

test frame 04.png

test frame 05.png

test frame 06.png

• Like 2

On 7/16/2022 at 5:07 AM, Synan said:

I'll have to find my good microphone, but I'd love to put my hat in the ring for either role. They're both the type of characters I'd really enjoy playing!

Nice! I'll throw you the script. What's your input on character accents?

Besides that, here are 2 minutes of animation I've don so far, not counting facial and eye animations (which will come once I've chosen two VAs, so I can sync the animation to the performance). This voice you're currently hearing is my own:

• 3 months later...