Hero Factory Recon Team

Aiden

The Hero Recon Team (to those unaware) was a hero designing tool on the Lego website back around 2011. It let you design your own hero, and order it, with the pieces to build it, custom instructions and a very slick box. I recently found my old Recon Team instruction booklet, and I'm curious to hear anybody else's experience with the Recon Team, and I'd love to see the Heros you guys made from it!

I remember I was at my grandparent's house on their laptop and found the Hero Recon Team creator on the Lego website, and I thought it was so cool. I made my hero and somehow convinced them to order it for me, and it's one of the coolest things I've ever had. Unfortunately I had mine made during the 3.0 update, at that time the exclusive chest piece was no longer available, so I didn't get the chest piece at the time.

reconteam.jpg

I remember getting one of these back in 2011. I only got it because I wanted the dual coloured chest piece. I kinda wish I could sell it now but I can't seem to find any price for it. It was an interesting little tool but it was limited by the fact you were only allowed to use 31 pieces. You had to make it in the 2.0/3.0 style. That probably explains why it died so quickly. If anyone has a price for the dual coloured chest piece please let me know. 

It's time to move on.

1 hour ago, masterchirox580 said:

I remember getting one of these back in 2011. I only got it because I wanted the dual coloured chest piece. I kinda wish I could sell it now but I can't seem to find any price for it. It was an interesting little tool but it was limited by the fact you were only allowed to use 31 pieces. You had to make it in the 2.0/3.0 style. That probably explains why it died so quickly. If anyone has a price for the dual coloured chest piece please let me know. 

At the time I was very confused as to why I couldn't add more, that piece count limit makes perfect sense. As you might be able to tell I invested a large amount of the piece count into different colored spikes, I have no idea why though 😂

Regarding the chest piece, I sent you a DM!

• 2 weeks later...

I messed around with it, but didn't comprehend that the chestplate was exclusive, nor that a creation could be ordered. Wish I had! I only know of a few of these Recon sets showing up secondhand.

Your hero looks pretty cool, is that sand green he has there??

23 hours ago, Alexander123 said:

I remember this. Never got it because I was still salty over Bionicle getting cancelled, but in hindsight it was really cool. Too bad it was short lived, had a really good concept. 

Unfortunately a lot of people were like this, and it kept them from enjoying Hero Factory. It was an awesome theme, not as good as Bionicle, but it didn’t need to be. 

19 hours ago, Axelford said:

Your hero looks pretty cool, is that sand green he has there??

It’s actually light green, the same as the hero core featured in the recon team logo. The shading in the instruction booklet definitely makes it look like sand green though!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...