A Great Spirit Robot Achieves Support on LEGO Ideas

We've reported on a lot of LEGO IDEAs submissions that have gotten to the 10K mark, but not often are they Bionicle themed. That is not the case with Mata Nui Rises [Bionicle Tribute Set] by Axelford. He has recreated the giant robot that rose from the oceans in 2008, complete with a lot of details that Bionicle fans will be familiar with. Given the number of IDEAs projects that have gotten this far, it'll be interesting to see if it gets approved, but it is impressive that it got this far. Good job Axelford!! Hopefully we can see some other Bionicle themed projects follow this one into the review stages.

View the full article

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Axelford said:

Exactly my thoughts as the creator, the project is more symbolic if anything.

Hey man, don't feel too beat up about it if you don't get made. You did a great job just making it this far.

I'm proud to be one of the supporters and I for one would buy the set if it gets produced.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2022 at 4:09 AM, Valendale said:

I'm proud to be one of the supporters and I for one would buy the set if it gets produced.

Thank you, it means the world that you and 9999 others felt the same way as I do about the Idea of a GSR set. Certainly curious what will happen come February(? I've forgotten the date)

• 5 weeks later...