Bots on BZP?

BionicleBean

Yes, unfortunately bots are a thing. Please report them when you see them. You can also reach out through our Discord server if we don't take it down quickly.

As for getting rid of them, the only way to do that is to make the registration process harder for real people too, so it's tricky to find that balance.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Valendale said:

It's always been something that happens occasionally. Probably used to happen even more often when the forum was more popular.

I don't really recall such bots being really notable until relatively recently. My best guess for why that might have been the case is that more activity meant it was more likely to be reported more quickly and thus the issue was rarely seen for long. These days, however, activity is so low that these bot posts could last for hours before some finally comes along and notices those bots and then report them.

This is only my speculations, but it's the best possible answer I can come up with.

• Upvote 1

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

2 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

I don't really recall such bots being really notable until relatively recently. My best guess for why that might have been the case is that more activity meant it was more likely to be reported more quickly and thus the issue was rarely seen for long. These days, however, activity is so low that these bot posts could last for hours before some finally comes along and notices those bots and then report them.

This is only my speculations, but it's the best possible answer I can come up with.

Yeah I think that's how it was.

25 minutes ago, Raph said:

How do i understand if it is a bot? For example, how can i understand that the topic is started by a bot?

You'll know it if/when you see it.

It'll be completely off-topic, probably trying to sell something, possibly not even in English. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Most importantly, DO NOT CLICK ANY LINKS IN THOSE BOTS POSTS! Chances are very likely that will result in a virus on your computer or some other tech nightmare that you certainly don't want to deal with.

• Upvote 1

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.