Bionicle Heroes: Tohunga Flavor 1.0 Release - An Aesthetic Refresh Of The Toa Inika!

Toa_Kralich

Bionicle Heroes: Tohunga Flavor 1.0 Release!

Image 9

Hey everyone! This is a fun side project I whipped up before going on holiday, taking inspiration from the Tohunga color schemes. The reason I made this a full mod page is because it's very comprehensive - with GUI, HUD, logos, and .exe icons all modified as well - and I plan to perhaps do more for this mod down the line in regards to weapons and the like. For now, though, let's get into what's in this aesthetic refresh! You can download the mod here, though keep in mind you'll also need to download a vanilla version of the game (like the community's own Modder Edition) to install it. 

Visuals

-Replaced Toa colour schemes with Tohunga colours - The bread-and-butter of the mod, all Toa have been retextured with their Tohunga colors. For some, like Hahli (who also has a partially transparent mask), the change is noticeable but a little lesser; for others, like Jaller or Nuparu, the new elements are immediately distinct.

-Replaced HUD icons with revised versions according to each Toa - In the interests of total comprehensiveness, every HUD icon - so that's saves, the HUD, and also the changemask icon - has all been changed to be consistent with the new Toa. These were done by photo-editing, not re-rendering out the heads.

-Made HUD icons consistent in the Hub level - As the last bit of comprehensiveness, the actual level file for the hub has been modified to contain the new HUD icon textures.

Examples:

Image 8

Image 7

saveicons 3

hud 1

changemaskpng 2

shop 6

Misc

-Added new .exe icons - Seeing as the original .exe icon is Jaller's face, I took the liberty of replacing the icon for the .exe with the revised yellow-headed Jaller icon instead

-Added new logo to the main menu - All mods benefit from a logo, and Heroes makes it pretty easy to slot this logo right into the main menu screen!

-Replaced splash screen with credits - The splash screen can also be used to help give extra personality to a mod and since someone else gave feedback whilst I was making Tohunga Flavor, I wrote them in on the splash screen as a credits screen too.

splashcredits 5

mainmenu 4

exe

Conclusion

Tohunga Flavor is not a revolutionary mod - not a total conversion like DV, a definitive edition like MOVN, or a character addition like Voriki - but I enjoyed making something a little more laid back, and adding more options for players to enjoy the game, or any version of the game this might be compatible with given it's only a visual change. More Heroes mod content is being created every day, and if you'd like to be a part of it, join our Discord here: https://discord.gg/GdwkjfeqNT

• Like 1