Bionicle 2023 Confirmed!

Aiden

If you guys haven't seen, there's a rumored Bionicle promo set to release early 2023! It's said to be a brick-built Tahu, and includes a mini Takua! Of course this isn't confirmed and we shouldn't get our hopes high, but it's from a pretty good source in the lego rumor community. What's everybody's thoughts?

Edited by Tohunga Premium
Confirmed 😈
  • Like 1

The rumour I came across suggested this alleged set will just be a Gift With Purchase product that will be available from Lego's online store sometime early next year. 

Assuming it's true, I wouldn't view this as any kind of triumphant return for the theme, and certainly not confirmation of a full line. Just a belated nod to Bionicle's anniversary, or a small gesture to appease all of the people who voted for Bionicle in the fan vote/keep making Bionicle Ideas projects. 

Of course, with Lego seemingly leaning back into CCBS a little bit with the new Spiderman buildable figures, this also could be Lego testing the waters to see if there's interest enough to implement a full Bionicle-alike or constraction-adjacent line in future.

Edited by Nato G
  • Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

On 10/4/2022 at 11:25 AM, ToaDume said:

Very cool. Not exactly a return, but I'll take it. Can you cite where you saw this?

1414 Falcon Fan on Instagram! He tends to be very reliable. As with leaks and rumors though nothing is ever guaranteed, regardless of the source. 

On 10/4/2022 at 1:31 PM, Taria Pakari said:

I will continue to keep my "will believe it when I see it" stance on things like this. I've been in the community long enough to know how much this kind of stuff gets faked, especially as a new year draws closer.

Of course! It’s just nice to know that there’s a possibility. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
14 hours ago, Axelford said:

Interesting news to wake up to. Still think the Mask thing is ugly-as, but I reckon we can work with it B-) (We do a little modding??) Also, that Blacktron GWP looks great too. 

Yeah big shame they don't overlap. I'm not crazy about the set itself, especially the masks, but I'll do what it takes to get it, whether that be buying sets myself or getting it from someone else who's not interested in it. I just wish they didn't restrict the themes you could purchase from to get it, since I'd love to just buy one of the modulars or something.

• Like 2

If I'm being honest, I kinda like the solution they went with for the masks. It doesn't look as bad to me as the Marvel sets, but that might be due to these representing the face of biomechanical robots rather than human beings. Really, though, I think it hits my nostalgia just right, and Takua is just so cute I can't complain. 😛

• Like 4

"Perhaps the ending has not yet been written" - Atrus (Myst)

On 12/31/2022 at 11:21 PM, Axelford said:

Also, that Blacktron GWP looks great too. 

The Blacktron GWP is awesome, and worked out pretty well with how they’re handling the Bionicle GWP. I was able to buy all the Minecraft and Star Wars sets I wanted that just came out to get the Blacktron GWP, and I’ll just have to buy something else for the Bionicle one lol.

On 1/1/2023 at 1:52 PM, Valendale said:

I just wish they didn't restrict the themes you could purchase from to get it, since I'd love to just buy one of the modulars or something.

Yeah it’s very weird they did it this way, and unfortunate on my end because I don’t really care about any current-day non licensed themes. That being said it’s worth it to me to get this set!

On 1/2/2023 at 6:44 AM, DJ Reidak said:

If I'm being honest, I kinda like the solution they went with for the masks. It doesn't look as bad to me as the Marvel sets, but that might be due to these representing the face of biomechanical robots rather than human beings. Really, though, I think it hits my nostalgia just right, and Takua is just so cute I can't complain. 😛

I 100% agree. I can understand why people don’t like it, but I personally love it. I think it looks really good, it’s its own style so of course it’s not just like the original. You can really tell they actually poured a lot of love into this, including a stand to display Tahu on, including Takua (with the correct color legs for the first time!) with a “Kanoka”, and a little side build of the Mata Nui and Makuta stones! I’d be pretty happy if they did a g3 in this style, honestly.

On 1/5/2023 at 7:26 PM, chuckschwa said:

I'm kinda hoping we get a few more of these vignettes. Imagine one with Gali and the Tarakava, Nuparu and Boxor, or Infected Lewa vs Onua. Not a big fan of the GWP FOMO tactics, but I will take it. I'm just so glad to see the classic Pakari detail again after 20 years!

That would be so cool! While I think it’s unlikely, they could have it as a GWP to test the waters on Bionicle. Otherwise it’s just another great addition to the Icons series they’ve been doing! 

• Like 1

• Aiden changed the title to Bionicle 2023 Confirmed!
On 1/10/2023 at 11:25 AM, confused piraka said:

is the leaks policy still on?

At the time of my posting this, these were rumors, and not actually leaked. That being said it’s been confirmed at this point haha

• Like 1

I for one am vary happy with the set and glad that we're finally getting something. It's not often LEGO gives us recognition and certainly not a release like this. We should take these opportunities to buy them when they come.

• Like 1

Gleaming glistens The Red Star,
Bringing life to death afar,
Up away in deepest space,
You call me from your distant place.

Proud member of the Kanohi Force (Disavowed, but never dead)

3 hours ago, Clyce said:

I for one am vary happy with the set and glad that we're finally getting something. It's not often LEGO gives us recognition and certainly not a release like this. We should take these opportunities to buy them when they come.

If by "buy them" you mean spend $100 on non-licensed LEGO sets in-store or online, then sure knock yourself out.

I personally don't think it's worth it.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

1 hour ago, Taria Pakari said:

spend $100 on non-licensed LEGO sets in-store or online

Any purchase qualifies, including Pick-A-Brick. It's not restricted to specific themes. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

1 hour ago, confused piraka said:

it is

This is the most up-to-date information I'm aware of, unless you have a more recent source?

snip.JPG

Edited by Nato G

1 hour ago, Nato G said:

This is the most up-to-date information I'm aware of, unless you have a more recent source?

snip.JPG

Cool!

Wish I had known that sooner, I spent my spending money on other stuff because I didn't want to buy $100 worth of non-licensed lego sets.

Oh well, there's always the aftermarket I suppose!

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

15 hours ago, Nato G said:

snip.JPG

I heard about this, and I do hope it’s true but I find it weird that he has that info (pertaining to the qualifying purchases) and not even a designer knows, and other LAN members have said they weren’t told. LAN has also had a track record of not being great with communication. 

Looks like you're right on this. The newest conflicting info as of today is that there are theme limits, and that the price might be $95 USD rather than $100. 

45 minutes ago, confused piraka said:

you are wrong

As I acknowledged in my post, there's conflicting information. 

The LAN affirmed the $100 USD price point this morning, but some of Lego's internal newsletters - also from today - say $95. Different sites are reporting different things based on what source they consulted. Until Lego clarifies the confusion or the official listing appears on their store, there's still a big question mark over which is true, since both have come from official sources. 

Obviously the lower price point would be preferable for a lot of people, since a $99.99 set won't actually qualify for the $100 threshold and people would need to buy something else to push the number over the line. 

21 hours ago, Nato G said:

The LAN affirmed the $100 USD price point this morning, but some of Lego's internal newsletters - also from today - say $95. Different sites are reporting different things based on what source they consulted. Until Lego clarifies the confusion or the official listing appears on their store, there's still a big question mark over which is true, since both have come from official sources. 

I myself have heard that the price limit could vary depending on region and store