Fan-made Bionicle Magazine

bohrokmaster

1016039672_Fanzinetitle.thumb.jpg.271a37d5e151f49078df1dbe6bfc1a62.jpg

EDIT: I have been busy putting together a “FanZine” on photoshop. It was a personal pet project of mine and was good fun. The magazine is still in a long development phase with changes and some possible proofreading but it will be published as a file and a PDF once I have finished the entire magazine. Enjoy!🙂

What is a FanZine?

A FanZine is a blend of fan and magazine as a non-professional and non-official publication produced by enthusiasts of a particular cultural phenomenon (such as a literary or musical genre) for the pleasure of others who share their interest.

Is the magazine weekly, monthly, or yearly?

Matoran Universe: The BIONICLE FanZine would either be yearly, monthly, or weekly, depending on which direction it would go as this is the first edition with many character biographies, possible in-depth information, and a visualised timeline detailing the history of the BIONICLE Universe.

Progress

20/11/2022 - Forgot to share updates regarding my magazine🤦‍♂️

4/12/2022 - I will soon upload double pages of the official Bionicle Timeline on my Flikr page. Completed

5/12/2022 - Timeline double pages now released on my Album (NOTE: Pages are still disorganised visually but will soon be re-organised with additional page numbers). Incomplete 

11/12/2022 - The magazine will soon be complete in the future as a PDF format file to download. Incomplete 

I am currently working on the Makuta's biographies. The Toa Mata/Nuva is complete with each character's bios including biographies of the Toa Hagah, the Toa Mangai, the Toa Cordak, and the standalone Toa - Helryx, Tuyet, Dume, Naho, Nidhiki and Krakua.  Completed

6/01/2023 - Finishing Rahi biographies. Matoran, Barraki, Bohrok, Bohrok-Kal and more are next. Incomplete

21/01/2023 - Currently working on Toa Inika and Toa Mahri bios. Completed

05/02/2023 - Experimenting resize layouts for the Timeline of the Bionicle Universe.

09/01/2023 - Experimenting resize layouts for all characters and double pages.

01/03/2023 - Redesigned Phantoka/Mistika Toa Nuva bios and the Toa Inika/Mahri pages. Completed

My Visual Timeline of the Bionicle Mythos is shaping up but needed some specific requirements from Stud.io in the forseeable future:

• Stud.io file of Piraka Masks, Heads, and Spines (2006)

1436441488_FrontPage_No6.thumb.jpg.4c33bf45e713e187d001c0328275d9e8.jpg

Masks of Power Game Review Page 1.jpg

Masks of Power Game Review Page 2.jpg

Edited by bohrokmaster
  • Like 5

On 10/17/2022 at 10:20 PM, confused piraka said:

this looks great! is it going to be like a news updater the week/month?

Thanks🙂 Yes I will update news regarding my progress with the magazine. From Now on. LOL I was so very busy working on the magazine I've forget to share it! Once I have finished the magazine it will be available to share and to keep as a PDF file. 👍 

Edited by bohrokmaster

On 11/24/2022 at 5:50 PM, confused piraka said:

I meant how often will you be updating this?

and also this could be a way to get new fans into the community(starter book kind of)idk

1) Soon.

2) My magazine (or fanzine) is something I came up with as a celebration to the theme.

3) It will also be a starter book for new fans as well as a free PDF download file to keep and share. It won't be perfect as a fan-made magazine, but it was something I enjoyed doing as a hobby on photoshop.🙂

Edited by bohrokmaster

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, bohrokmaster said:

Does anybody know how old Bionicle G1 is?🤔

The first sets came out in 2001, but obviously the concepts for the theme were being kicked around at Lego for a few years before that. 

Edited by Nato G
  • Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

27 minutes ago, Nato G said:

The first sets came out in 2001, but obviously the concepts for the theme were being kicked around at Lego for a few years before that. 

I was considering in changing the caption "Celebrating 20 years" to "Celebrating 22 years" but it could be either of them, I don't know🤷‍♂️