[MOCs] Fogback Siren and Otomo

CZQ

• 2 weeks later...

The life jacket makes for some really nice color layering on the second one—and I do love the teal. Is that ... Galidor? Mad props if so.

The whole foot-less aesthetic has always intrigued me, though I can't say I understand it.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

On 10/31/2022 at 3:49 PM, Sumiki said:

The life jacket makes for some really nice color layering on the second one—and I do love the teal. Is that ... Galidor? Mad props if so.

The whole foot-less aesthetic has always intrigued me, though I can't say I understand it.

Yeah, that's Galidor. I'm a big fan of using Galidor pieces when I can. The violet Galidor limbs and technic pieces from Jango Fett were a big inspiration for the MOC. As far as foot-less designs go, I mostly care about how shapes/the overall silhouette of a MOC and how appealing it is. I like simplifying the shapes when I can and using simple lines to lead into complex shapes so keeping both of these footless benefitted them. Fogback Siren has a lot of complex shapes in the thighs so simple shins were appropriate and Otomo's upper half is more complex, so the entire bottom half helps guide your eye up to it. Otomo's legs probably could've been more interesting from a technical perspective but i had to keep my part library and the color palette in mind so i settled for what you see.