continuing g1 or g2

confused piraka

how should bionicle be continued  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm planning to attempt making an animation pitch once I have the cursory plot and mechanics of said reboot complete.

Bazinga! I've been a Bionicle Fan since early 2015 and have been aware of it since 2008. Was a bit late to the party due to my age, but that doesn't matter now. Looking for krana and sealed G1 sets at below market value if possible, (otherwise it'll be a few years before I care to collect sets I don't care as much about) Bohrok Kal and Krana Kal Mask Pack sets are ones I am particularly looking for atm.

I go by Nektann or Marcato usually online.

21 hours ago, confused piraka said:

Can I see what you've done so far? (sounds like a great idea)

Still in preproduction it's just a giant pool of ideas at the moment.

Bazinga! I've been a Bionicle Fan since early 2015 and have been aware of it since 2008. Was a bit late to the party due to my age, but that doesn't matter now. Looking for krana and sealed G1 sets at below market value if possible, (otherwise it'll be a few years before I care to collect sets I don't care as much about) Bohrok Kal and Krana Kal Mask Pack sets are ones I am particularly looking for atm.

I go by Nektann or Marcato usually online.

On 10/27/2022 at 9:25 AM, confused piraka said:

I know this is a huge project but could there be a 2nd/3rd generation?

What, making our own toys and stuff? How would that even work.

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

If Lego decides to bring it back, for sure they'll go with another generation. If you're asking about a fan-driven reboot, it seems that we're all pretty comfortable working in the universes already created (or alternative versions of them), so pulling in the same direction for an unofficial G3 would be worse than herding cats.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

8 hours ago, confused piraka said:

semi official (ttv, duck bricks, greg)

TTV is not affiliated with Lego and is a fan group. Duckbricks is just another Lego YouTuber and Greg is no longer employed by Lego. I really do mean no offence, but how would any of those parties' involvement make it more official? I don't think a "G3" really needs the title "G3," let alone to be dubbed official, just embrace a project for being what it is, a fan project and then maybe fan groups can promote it as a fan thing.

8 hours ago, confused piraka said:

like 3d printing

The idea of a whole toy line, based off of TLG's design is reminding me of Tributron's project...which does kind of dance the line of copyright infringement from my understanding.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, confused piraka said:

I thought it could be at least semi official to maybe get the theme going in a new direction

I think at this point everyone has their own ideas about what Bionicle is to them. Everyone has their own headcanon or fanfics, etc. 

Doing what you're suggesting would require a lot of people to somehow agree on a specific direction, and ensure it's one that appeals to the majority of fans. I'm not saying that's impossible, but Lego had teams of employees specifically to do that job, and expecting a bunch of fans scattered across the internet to be able to do the same thing is a tall order. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

15 minutes ago, Nato G said:

I think at this point everyone has their own ideas about what Bionicle is to them. Everyone has their own headcanon or fanfics, etc. 

Doing what you're suggesting would require a lot of people to somehow agree on a specific direction, and ensure it's one that appeals to the majority of fans. I'm not saying that's impossible, but Lego had teams of employees specifically to do that job, and expecting a bunch of fans scattered across the internet to be able to do the same thing is a tall order. 

it is but would you be in?

(we could do a vote for what people would want for bionicle and appease the majority)

13 hours ago,  Axelford said: 

and then maybe fan groups can promote it as a fan thing.

yes that is what I was thinking of

Edited by confused piraka

image.gif.f0b625d4fc4c82b928516a036fc1cf5a.gif