Class Is Out: Review Topic

Nato G

Class Is Out

A (long overdue) Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi

Welcome to the review topic for Class Is Out.

For those just discovering this unique take on the Bionicle story for the first time, I hope you enjoy your stay in the weird, wacky world of sentient Rahkshi. Though there may be some inside jokes and references, these stories will largely be independent and self-contained, so prior knowledge of the game isn't required reading. 

For any old Corpus Rahkshi players who are seeing this and would like to contribute something, please feel free to reach out by comment, PM, or Discord message. Whether you want to write a full short story, or just contribute a few lines about where your character ended up, I’m open to any and all contributions. Just note that the Epics forum rules don’t allow for multiple authors to post in the same topic, so please coordinate with me rather than just posting something in the story topic without warning.

I do have a clear end point already written for this project, but that will likely be at least a few months away, depending on how many additional contributors express interest.

With all of that out of the way, settle in and enjoy this collection of tales from the surviving students of Corpus Rahkshi.

Chapters:

Part 1 - The Chronicler - in which our humble narrator is introduced. 

Part 2 - Sins Of The Father - a deformed daughter of Icarax faces her maker. 

Part 3 - The Illusion Of Control - Artakha falls to the armies of Teridax. 

Part 4 - Patience And Progress - the children of Chirox meet their maker's rival. 

Part 5 - Memoirs Of A Turahk - a letter from an old friend crosses our Chronicler's desk.

Part 6 - A Caged Bird - there is no sweeter song than hope. 

Part 7 - Warrior, King, God - delusions and grandeur.

Part 8 - Of Flesh And Faith - a family face their fate during the siege of Xia.

Part 9 - Life And Death - two Rahkshi find their destinies during the fall of Destral. 

Part 10 - Sword And Shield - a family reunion takes an unexpected turn. 

Part 11 - Blizzard's Chapter - the past continues to influence the present. 

Part 12 - Letting Go - as one chapter ends, another begins.

Edited by Nato G
update
  • Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Oh wow, I already love this. I was only a very latecomer to the Corpus Rahkshi game, and I never got into all the background that had gone before; but the concept was really fascinating to me. So it really excited me to see the start of a story based on it.

Even just one chapter in, I'm already hooked. The tone conveyed even just by Exxan's opening narration is fantastic; there's a sense of world-weariness that really carries through his words and does an excellent job of helping to set the scene. It's nice, too, to learn that at least a few of the game's Rahks survived the events of canon, and I really look forward to seeing how this is going to play out :D

(On a side note, I know I was barely in the RP at all, I only joined up a month or so before it ended; but if there's any way that my girl Blizzard could make a tiny cameo, that would be amazing!)

Edited by That Matoran with a Vahi
  • Like 2

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

7 hours ago, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

-if there's any way that my girl Blizzard could make a tiny cameo, that would be amazing!

I'm always open to cameos and contributions. If you had any ideas, feel free to message me here or on Discord and I'll work something into a future chapter. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Still very much enjoying this! That last chapter, in particularly; Glaciem and Ignis seem like a really fascinating character, and the reveal of more like them being developed was a very cool note to end on. I also liked a lot the way you write Mutran, and bounced him and Chirox off each other; their dynamic comes across really well ^^

(I haven't forgotten about contacting you re. Blizzard; I'm just currently still pondering over ideas for where life may have taken her before I do so ^^)

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

1 hour ago, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

Still very much enjoying this! That last chapter, in particularly; Glaciem and Ignis seem like a really fascinating character, and the reveal of more like them being developed was a very cool note to end on.

Thanks. They were definitely my most unique character concept, and I didn't get to do nearly as much with them in-game as I would've liked, so it was really fun to sort of check back in with them and expand their lore in a way that wouldn't have been possible in the RP itself. 

I also liked a lot the way you write Mutran, and bounced him and Chirox off each other; their dynamic comes across really well.

I'm glad you liked it. It was a fun challenge to try to come up with a good way showcase the mutual respect and rivalry between two egotistical geniuses.   

(I haven't forgotten about contacting you re. Blizzard; I'm just currently still pondering over ideas for where life may have taken her before I do so ^^)

All good. There's no rush. 

Chapter 10 – Sword And Shield – is now live.

This is actually the first story I wrote for this project. Moreover, it’s the reason this project even exists. It’s an encounter I’d wanted to write long before the game even ended, but the nature of the game of course made it very difficult to execute.

It took me a long time to finally be in a headspace to write it the way I wanted to, and I’m super happy with how it’s come out. The Sword And Shield speech was a conversation that had a massive impact on Xara’s journey throughout the game, and I’m so grateful to have had this opportunity to bring that character arc to its conclusion.

This is the last story of mine that'll appear in this project aside from the eventual epilogue to wrap it all up, but my fellow collaborators still have a few in the works. Keep an eye out in the coming weeks for more instalments. 

Just finished catching up on the chapters since I last checked the story! Fantastic writing from everyone; and that last chapter in particular was incredibly written; perhaps my favourite so far. The characterisation, and the way it really explored the concept and potential of the new breed, and the feelings surrounding them... it all built up together really well, leading to a very satisfying ending. I enjoyed reading it immensely; really great work! :D

-

On another note, I... may have got a little bit carried away a few weeks ago and wrote up a full chapter for Blizzard xD I'm not sure if you'd be interested in including that or not, since she was in the RP for so short a time; and I'm not sure how much it adds to the overall story. But if you want, I could shoot it across your way and let you decide whether or not to use it ^^

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

34 minutes ago, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

I... may have got a little bit carried away a few weeks ago and wrote up a full chapter for Blizzard xD I'm not sure if you'd be interested in including that or not, since she was in the RP for so short a time; and I'm not sure how much it adds to the overall story. But if you want, I could shoot it across your way and let you decide whether or not to use it ^^

Any and all inclusions are welcome. You can absolutely send it my way. 

And sent it was. Blizzard's Chapter is now live. 

Thanks for including it! :D

If I may make one tiny correction, though... in the last paragraph of your introduction, where you said 'wanted to share his story'; I didn't make it clear, sorry, but Blizzard's actually a girl.

I'd like to add, though, I really enjoyed the introduction there; the perception of the world that you've given to Exxan is a really interesting one, and I like all the little ways you express that in his narration ^^

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

2 hours ago, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

I didn't make it clear, sorry, but Blizzard's actually a girl.

My bad. Fixed. 

2 hours ago, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

I really enjoyed the introduction there; the perception of the world that you've given to Exxan is a really interesting one, and I like all the little ways you express that in his narration ^^

Thanks. It's been fun diving back into his headspace, trying to imagine the effect of centuries of regret and isolation. 

• Like 1

OoooOOOH, I loved that last chapter! It feels like such a perfect culmination, and such a strong note to end on with Exxan taking his first steps to move forward. Really nicely written, too, got me very invested in it ^^

(I also have to mention that I really appreciated the passing mention of Blizzard towards the end there; I'm happy to know that Exxxan will be taking her up on he offer :D)

• Like 1

For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

10 hours ago, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

OoooOOOH, I loved that last chapter! It feels like such a perfect culmination, and such a strong note to end on with Exxan taking his first steps to move forward. Really nicely written, too, got me very invested in it ^^

(I also have to mention that I really appreciated the passing mention of Blizzard towards the end there; I'm happy to know that Exxxan will be taking her up on he offer :D)

Thanks. I've been sitting on this one for quite a while, constantly nitpicking and adding/removing little details to reflect everything else that's been happening. I'm super happy with how it's come out, and super grateful to everyone who's contributed to the project.