"Congratulations! You've increased your rank to Scavenger!"

That Matoran with a Vahi

So, I've been enjoying the way that BZPower now pops up for me a little notification whenever my posting rank increases; it's a cool feature. However, I think I may have stumbled upon a little bit of a glitch in it.

Namely this:

CbXZgM.png

Ever since I hit the rank of Scavenger, I've been getting a notification of that rank increase every time I make a post (I'm anticipating seeing it again after I post this!). My suspicion is that this is due to the way that, if I remember rightly, the Scavenger rank image changes continually, filling out more Krana in the grid as you progress through this rank; and it seems like because of that I'm now getting the notification every time the image updates, even though the actual rank title hasn't changed.

I mean, it's not a problem, I can just ignore it. But I wasn't sure if anyone had encountered this yet and thought I should point it out if not ^^

• Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

I was definitely aware of this. In fact, back when I started going through that rank prior to the more recent forum upgrade, I had noticed a glitch where some of the images failed to show up at all. Thankfully, I was able to figure out the source of that issue and explain it to Black Six so he could resolve it.

However, I've recently come across another issue regarding these post ranks, likely as a result of the relatively recent forum upgrade. Basically, ranks used to be based on only your publicly displayed post count, but now ranks are determined by all posts everywhere (including the games and off topic sections that are not supposed to be included in your post count) and even PMs are also included in that tally towards successive ranks. (For example, my current rank of Exo-Armored Toa is supposed to be reached at 750 posts, and as you can see at the time I posted this, my publicly displayed post count is 748.) No word yet on what's being done about that, but at least I was able to inform Black Six once I realized that was happening, so there's nothing more I can do about it.

Edited by Chronicler06
  • Like 1

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.