BZPower's Best Bionicle Toa Bracket

http://www.bzpower.info/Imaging/stories/2023/01/2023-Bracket-Toa-Teaser.jpg
Happy New Year! Today we're going to start something a little different and run a bracket to determine the Best Bionicle Toa set. The first round is live and voting will last for the month of January. Read on for more details, or click here to begin voting for your favorites!

View the full article

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m definitely excited to see where this goes. I’m going to predict that the Toa Mata and Nuva will probably score high just because of how iconic they are when viewed through nostalgia goggles, (though personally I don’t think they hold up all that well compared to later sets).

I know the community as a whole seems to love to lament the “Inika builds” of 2006 onward, but I do think the Toa Mahri were the best hero wave overall, and that’s probably where I’ll be putting most of my votes. There were the perfect amalgamation of everything that had come before, while avoiding the issues that came in later years. There were unique builds for each Toa, they used Metru heads rather than the oversized Inika ones, and they came before the introduction of those horrible fragile squared joints (though obviously the lime parts used that year were arguably even more fragile).

• Like 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

This looks like a fun activity. Count me in!

(Though I'm currently a little busy with other things, so I'll cast my votes a little later. Good thing the voting period lasts for an entire month.)

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

36 minutes ago, That Matoran with a Vahi said:

Quick question, are we basing our votes on which we like best as a set, or on which we like best as a character? Because, for me at least, those often have different answers...

The Toa were selected as sets, so that's why there are seven different entries for Tahu, and why there's one option that has Lewa vs Lewa.  But there's no standard for making the choice; if there's a storyline reason you like one set over the other, that would still be valid.

:music: 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, xccj said:

The Toa were selected as sets, so that's why there are seven different entries for Tahu, and why there's one option that has Lewa vs Lewa.  But there's no standard for making the choice; if there's a storyline reason you like one set over the other, that would still be valid.

:music: 

Cool, thanks for clarifying!

Okay, my votes have been placed. Some of them were extremely easy to pick a favourite for, while others were more thought-provoking - especially ones that included two who I liked for very different reasons, which made it harder to compare them equally to each other. Still, I'm happy with my choices; and it's fun :D

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

On 1/10/2023 at 11:33 AM, confused piraka said:

mata nui vs lesovikk very hard choice.

I feel that(not being around for the the first generation) that g2 will score high with newer fans

why is good guy not there

Well, good guy isn't a Toa, but that didn't stop some of these characters...

I know there's a bunch of newer fans who got into Bionicle with G2, but I wonder how many of them are here.

Just submitted my my votes. Some were more difficult to decide than others (particularly option 15, as I would place both Takanuva and Ekimu in my top 10). And I'm glad we're able to see the full results so far after we submit our votes, since it's interesting to see which of my votes are among those that are currently leading.

I also recorded my votes on the same document on which I had listed the ranks of all these options from 1 to 81, but I'll wait until after this round of voting is over before I share what my votes were.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.