do glatorain age?

confused piraka

If they do age, they must do so insanely slowly, given that most of them are veterans of a war that was fought 100,000 years ago. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Let's also not forget about another Glatorian, Certavus from the ice tribe, who apparently passed away from "natural causes" at some point prior to the events we saw on Bara Magna in 2009.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

If I'm remembering correctly, Glatorian, Agori, and other inhabitants of the Spherus Magna system, probably including Great Beings, are much more organically based than the inhabitants of the Matoran Universe. There's a page on BS01, if you want to go by that, that says MU inhabitants, or at least Matoran, Toa, and Turaga, are typically 85% mechanical and 15% organic, while Agori, Glatorian, etc. are closer to 85% organic and 15% mechanical (BS01 source). The mechanical parts are mostly implants and metallic bones, etc. The page also states that they are mammalian in construct, and are capable of biological reproduction and born completely organic. Assuming their world and physiology works the same way as ours (roughly, as I'm also no expert in physiology or biology lol), it makes sense that organic matter ages/deteriorates faster than non-organic matter (ie, mechanical parts of a being). Being made up of primarily organic matter means you are affected more by that deterioration - the aging process. Deterioration, in this case, is a matter of hundreds of thousands of years. 

---even more speculation---

Somewhat related, although it's not part of the original question - just some speculation on aging for species inside the Matoran Universe, since they were largely based off of Spherus Magna inhabitants. It's curious that, being only 15% organic, that they show signs of aging at all. Prime examples: 1) Turaga exist, and 2) Helyrx is described as ancient and frail. In my head, age for the Matoran Universe beings can be construed as having more to do with power expenditure and magnitude of that power, rather than just passage of time alone. 

Even more un-related, but the concepts of cognitive development, mental age, maturation as an individual in a society, long-term memory, societal progress, and collective memory in societies where denizens live hundreds of thousands of years is fascinating and puzzling to me. Within the Matoran Universe, which was largely granted sapience by the incognito Great Being, it makes sense that, wittingly or not, the societal and individual evolution within the Matoran Universe was always limited, since it was never designed to be fully sapient in the first place, and the high level of sapience granted by the Great Being in the Awakening was not the highest level, or never came to fruition fully, based on the original and largely mechanical design not allowing for it. 

As for the Spherus Magna inhabitants, or in this case, Bara Magna inhabitants and society, I guess we're saying that the Shattering was so cataclysmic that what we see is basically their post-apocalyptic existence, and progress/rebuilding was made much more difficult because all their plants and water were now separate planets.

Still, it's just difficult to fathom lifespans that long and comparatively little cultural development from a human/human history standpoint. 

• Like 1

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

well maybe power degrades them(mu inhabitants) much faster then normal and 

what do you think the toa would if they were more like upgraded glatorain?(more focus on intelligence)

it seems the glatorain had a lot more focus on combat so never had the chance to develop there intelligence because they were always fighting despite having better minds.

image.gif.f0b625d4fc4c82b928516a036fc1cf5a.gif

• 1 month later...

new info!

Perditus is older than Gelu. [source]

• Tarduk is older than Berix. [source]

• Tuma is probably older than Stronius. [source]

• Greg has estimated how old these characters would be considered to be in human years:

Gresh: mid-20's [source]

Ackar: late 40's [source]

Raanu: early 60's [source]

Tarix: early 40's [source]

Kiina: mid-30's [source]

Tuma: mid-40's [source]

image.gif.f0b625d4fc4c82b928516a036fc1cf5a.gif