are you fluent in matoran?

confused piraka

are you fluent in matoran?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. I wanted to figure out how many of us there were

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/2023 at 04:25 AM

This is fun - I voted no based on the conlang project from outofgloom (see some of his work here on his blog) that expands Matoran into its own, functional language with its own grammar and such. While he doesn't use the circles and dots writing transliteration, it is a complex system of roots and stems and grammar that I've not yet learned. 

That said, at one point I did know the circles/dots transliteration for our English alphabets, but frankly, writing so many circles was annoying and very impractical, orthographically speaking. Writing that way is one thing, but reading fluently is another. 

• Like 1

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

The Matoran alphabet, yes, I can read as long as what's written in that alphabet is still inherently English; I rewatched the Bionicle trilogy over Christmas and, while a little bit rusty, could still fluently read all the 'joke credits' at the end of the credit roll of 2 and 3 ^^

Edited by That Matoran with a Vahi
  • Like 1

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Sadly not yet, but it is a one-day-goal! (I'm frightfully dyslexic and was illiterate in my own human language until age 7, so not terribly surprising).  I wish I'd known of it in prior years for the secret missions of my brother's tree-based Spy Club. Would have been a far superior system to that of white crayon "invisible ink" and writing in reverse, haha. 

Edited by Mushy the Mushroom
Are you fluent in it yourself, if I may ask?
  • Like 1

goldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpgIMG_7223(2).jpg.62624129031c1e2fd7df50d70b18f765.jpggoldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpg

IMG_0692.GIF.3309bb29bcc7460f3b8786a87af44771.png.da7133cb92dbb2189370ddfa6f4d46de.png Member-Made Emote Topic h.jpg.3e4ad884a1ceef85d03b81b5df0c09ef.jpg

Original Mush art thanks to @Bambi

• 3 weeks later...