Exporting Parts List from Fan-Made Instructions

NCHaskew

Hello everyone! It's my first post here, so I'm sorry if this has been covered or I'm in the wrong section; I'm awful at searching through forums.

I'm working on getting parts for the fan canon models from Bionicle, and I was wondering if there is any way to pull the parts into a coherent list? For now, I'm just entering the number for the part in the instructions on Bricklink, but between all the light grays, light bluish grays, and pearl light grays, it's hard to differentiate exactly what color some parts should be in.

"BIONICLE Discussion" is probably the most applicable forum for this, but I figure mods will move it as needed. Either way, welcome to the forums!

As someone also doing this recently - I think it varies. The most direct way is certainly just copying the lists - that second number next to the part number is the Bricklink code for the corresponding color. But yes - it can be very difficult to differentiate. I'm a bit colorblind, so it's an issue I've certainly had myself.

If you have Stud.io, the fanmade digital designer, and have a model file for the particular model, I believe you can directly export a parts list into Bricklink. I've heard this, but not done it myself unfortunately. Many of the fan-canon models have Stud.io files out there to download for that. Might be worth it, depending on the model.

• Like 1

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

On 1/19/2023 at 1:16 PM, confused piraka said:

what models are you making?

The hope is all of them. Right now I'm just making a comprehensive list of all the models, both officially released and fan creations that have been canonized. Luckily I found the color guide on BrickLink, so that's made it much easier!

• Like 1