Tahu and Takua Gift-With-Purchase Requirements

There's been some conflicting information floating around regarding the requirements to receive 40581 Bionicle Tahu and Takua when the promotion launches later this month. Today on the LEGO Ambassador Network, Jordan Paxton from the Community Team confirmed that you must spend 100 USD or EUR in the following themes to be eligible for the set: City, Monkie Kid, Ninjago, Friends, Classic, DOTS, or Creator 3-in-1. The amount you have to spend will vary in other countries, but as far as we're aware the theme limitations will remain. BZPower Reporter Xccj is working on a list of recommendations if you're interested in acquiring the set, so stay tuned for that!

View the full article

• Upvote 1

As I had once mentioned over on the discord channel, I was holding off on buying the $100 Classic set "Build Together" specifically for the opportunity to get this special Bionicle set, so I'm all set for that.

I would also like to mention that after having a rather fun experience a few weeks ago with the "Mars Spacecraft Exploration Missions" set from the City theme, I'm starting to consider getting the other two "missions" City sets (due to the unique system of building that actually encourages you to come up with your own creations at various points in the build process). That would be a total of $80, so if I include some baseplates from the Classic theme, that could also get me over $100.

If I decide to go through with these purchases (and make sure they're made in separate orders), I could potentially find myself with two of these Tahu & Takua Bionicle sets.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

5 minutes ago, ToaDume said:

I just want to make sure. Does it have to be $100 of ONLY qualifying sets, or $100 that includes at least 1 qualifying set? I hope it's the second one, but I fear it's the first one....

Historically, it's been the first option.  (With deals like Only Star Wars or Only Ninjago).  The GWP will pop into your cart on the website once you've qualified for it, so if you don't see it, then you're probably missing.  And if you visit a Lego Brand Retail Store, the employees should be able to help you figure things out.

:music: 

55 minutes ago, xccj said:

Historically, it's been the first option.  (With deals like Only Star Wars or Only Ninjago).  The GWP will pop into your cart on the website once you've qualified for it, so if you don't see it, then you're probably missing.  And if you visit a Lego Brand Retail Store, the employees should be able to help you figure things out.

:music: 

Darn. I thought so =( plenty of lego sets I'd want, but none of those themes interest me really except the classic sets.