Purchasing Guide for 40581 Bionicle GWP

http://www.bzpower.info/Imaging/stories/2023/01/40581-Suggestions-Teaser.jpg
The Bionicle Gift With Purchase, 40581 Bionicle Tahu and Takua, will finally go live later this week on January 27th. Unfortunately, LEGO isn't exactly going to make it easy to get the set, as not only is there a price requirement of $100 in the US, but the qualifying sets must be from particular themes. If you haven't been following some of LEGO's other themes, there could be some confusion on just what you should buy. So I put together a list of some eligible products you can purchase that might be of interest to Bionicle fans. Read on to see the full list and begin to plan your purchases.

View the full article

• Upvote 1

Interesting list. Of these sets, the ones I already own are City's Lunar Space Station (along with the other three sets in that space series) and Classic's 90 Years of Play and Space Mission (along with a bunch of older Classic sets).

I've already mentioned my plan to buy the Build Together set from the Classic theme, and I recently got interested in a couple other City sets not listed here, and if I throw in a few baseplates from the Classic theme to get over that $100 threshold for both options, I could possibly get two of the Bionicle Tahu & Takua sets. However, I'm beginning to think that might not be possible, because I recently noticed one of the conditions of the currently active gift-with-purchase set (which just so happens to be ending today) is a strict limit of only one per household. If that restriction applies to this Bionicle set, then I assume that would mean if I attempted to make a second purchase over $100, I might not qualify for the Bionicle set again. I guess I'll have to wait until Friday to see the official conditions before I decide whether or not to go through with that second $100 purchase.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.