Ghosts of Bara Magna

a goose

IC: Wolf (Atero; Red Star Inn)

“Come east with me, first." The words came so quickly that they surprised Wolf herself; she knew, though, that this kindred wolf's cause was just, and had a strange feeling that their meeting was more than mere coincidence. If this was what the fates had in store, then so be it. "If we go to Iconox, it is possible we may never return. If the worst should come to pass, my people need to know what has become of me. More importantly, though…"

Her new acquaintance seemed a little woozy – Wolf eyed her own drink, and decided that she, too, had perhaps had enough. She resisted the urge to take a swig, and cleared her throat again; talking at such length was beginning to take its toll.

"I believe you should seek the guidance of our Elder. Moth's visions have saved my life, and those of the other Serrata, more than once; his wisdom could be key to our survival."

IC: Somnii (Bone Hunter Stronghold; Somnii's Cell)

Somnii looked up as she noticed the female Bone Hunter's return – this time, with food. She swallowed hard, and tried to hide that she was salivating.

"No babysitter this time?"

OOC: @Wotz @Toru Nui

• Like 3

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Skyra Daring - Red Star Inn  -

Skyra took the money with a nod before pocketing it away. "No worries, Del will get there safely."

On 3/4/2023 at 2:43 AM, Techn0geist said:

"find celrys he's your father i suppose." Del monotoned just loud enough for the four of them.

Ah, well that was a new one. Things were starting to click into place now, not that it mattered to Skyra. Her job hadn't changed with this new information. She gave an apologetic smile towards Lorqua and Lutenus. "Yeah sorry, gotta go!" She had to do what was best for her client after all. With a mental command her vehicle roared to life as it started it's engine just outside the inn.

"Okay Del, let's go find your daddy." Skyra chirped as she headed out the door.

@oncertainty @Morgan Yu @Toru Nui @Techn0geist

• Like 5

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: (Staff NPC; The Long Road to Ferrum)

It was the best landmark they had: the Arena Vulcanus.

Out to the west, the cloudless sky was the colour of blood. Tueris watched as the desert began to swallow the sun, and waited.

Raanu's instructions had been clear: the volunteers would meet at the arena, and leave before dawn. Tueris was to lead the expedition.

It was not a choice anyone could have expected, but it made a certain sense; Ackar was the obvious pick, but he was Vulcanus' First Glatorian and the reigning Champion of the Grand Tournament. Tueris, on the other hand, was entirely expendable – the disgraced once-Second Glatorian who had killed an opponent in the arena and only barely avoided exile would not be missed.

It was going on ten years now, but such a crime was hard to forget, and even harder to forgive. The irony, of course, was that everyone remembered Tueris name, and no one recalled that of the boy he had killed; such was the way of things, especially when people had been so enraged by his supposed escape from justice. Raanu had pitched this job to him as an opportunity for redemption.

Tueris knew that the only thing awaiting him was an honourable death.

He was glad for the opportunity.

This was why he waited; he would rest here and wake before the sun rose, and he would greet the death-seekers who came to join him. As he prepared to sleep, he laid his pack down gently behind him, where no thief could reach it. Raanu had told him the technology within was beyond expensive: a piece of strange headgear, the same shades of red and darker-red as Tueris’ armour. A prototype, he said, that would be of vital importance to the mission.

As Tueris closed his eyes, his swords were in his hands; he was a light-sleeper, and if anyone thought it wise to approach a sleeping giant, they would quickly learn the error of their ways.

And so Tueris slept, and dreamt of a sleep that would last forever.

• Like 5

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Maxas and Lutenus (Atero, Red Star Inn) - It’s a Conspiracy!

Celrys? Who’s father? Clearly, the poor fool was out of sorts, which didn’t bode well for Ferrum. “Well, be seeing you, then.”

Maxas was not close enough to the group to actually discern what was being said over the general hubbub, but whatever the Iron Glatorian just mumbled had caused some degree of confusion in the others - save one of the Jungle Glatorian, who was leaving as if nothing was wrong.

He had absolutely no idea what any of this meant, but it was definitely a conspiracy, one no doubt positioned against him. Maybe not specifically him, but people like him in general.

@Techn0geist @Snelly @oncertainty @Morgan Yu

IC: Skrall (Roxtus, Stables) - He Wants to Feel Pretty

Skrall was resisting, he was being restrained, everything was as it should be. Skrall sheathed his weapons and recommenced stocking up for the journey to Atero.

He found a glass jar of red warpaint, sequestered away in the supplies as he sat them down. While he was certain nobody was looking, Skrall very quickly applied some to his helm and armour.

@BULiK @Nato G @Vezok's Friend @oncertainty @Burnmad @a goose

IC: Taldrix (Bone Hunter Stronghold, Outside Somnii’s Cell) - Babysitting

Mouthy brat. We’ll see how long THAT lasts…

Pretending to have not heard the item’s oh-so-clever remark, Taldrix contemptuously slid the food and water into the cell. Room service.

@a goose

IC: Xyde (Precipere, Outside Somok’s Hut) - Hurry Up and Wait

“Salwa’s not here yet, is she?” Xyde said, a question more akin to a statement. “You don’t mind me waiting here for her too, do you boss?”

@Nato G @Geardirector

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 4

IC: Somok - Precipere

"Not here yet," Somok mumbled absently, not looking up from the desk. He extended one of his legs to feebly nudge out one of the chairs on the other side of the table. "Take a seat, if you wish."

@Toru Nui

Edited by Nato G
  • Like 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC, Aurax: Arena Vulcanus

Aurax was unhappy. A few days previously, he had been doing his thing, scavenging old tech and selling it. It was his typical day-to-day life. But then he heard that there was an issue at his home village, some kind of sickness. Vulcanus was organizing a trip to investigate.

Now, Aurax had gotten wind of that information and very strongly considered going by himself back to Ferrum to see what was happening. But the more he thought about it, the more he realized that these other people were going to wander into Iron Canyon anyway, and likely end up getting slaughtered by wild beasts of various kinds, killed in a rockslide, or any other possible disaster that could happen. Aurax didn't care about that. What he did care about, though, was if he needed to leave the village afterwards- a bunch of Glatorian bumbling about in Iron Canyon attracting predators could cause Aurax a lot of unnecessary headaches. 

So, he begrudgingly decided that he would help the group navigate their way through Iron Canyon, in a way that the risk of death for those involved would (hypothetically) be lower.

Aurax, after parking his Kaxium nearby, now found himself walking into the Arena Vulcanus. He knew he was probably a little early, and his suspicions were confirmed when all he saw was a dozing Fire Tribe Glatorian. He sat down a distance away from the other Glatorian and popped out his right arm's mantis blade; he then took a small cloth out of his bag, and began to clean it, keeping himself busy until it was time to leave.

OOC: Open for interaction.

• Like 2

On 3/1/2023 at 11:09 PM, Toru Nui said:

IC: Vraek (Streets of Atero) - Impurity of Ice

What?! A thousand curses! No - TEN thousand! How dare they-

Restraining her anger, Vraek shifts focus to Jeizmel. “I… I am sorry. Truly. But there’s nothing I can do for you. Metus won’t listen to me… it seems nobody does. Vraek added, bitterly - though this referred to her anti-cybernetic views.

“This foolishness will pass, I promise. I trust you’ve found some refuge in the meantime?”

IC: Jeizmel, Streets of Atero

"Great Beings, do I know that feeling..."

Perhaps it wasn't exactly the same thing. She, after all... as much as she hated to admit it, was barely more than a kid; it was hardly surprising if no-one took her as seriously as she would like. Vraek, on the other hand, was their tribe's famed warrior; it seemed downright incredible that no-one would listen to what she had to say. Oh, sure, it surprised her not at all if Metus didn't listen - seemed to her that all the man would listen to was the allure of filthy money - but that no-one else would give the honoured Glatorian the time of day either?

Something was definitely wrong with that. As Jeizmel frowned to herself, though, she caught Vraek's next question.

"It's the next thing on my to-do list; I really only just got into town this morning. I, um..."

She played with the strap of her goggles for a moment, a little self-conscious about what she was about to ask.

"Actually, running into you here, I kinda wondered if I might tag along with you for a while, wherever you're going next? I'll earn my own keep, of course; I can be your personal assistant or anything that you need. I'll be happy just to be around a friendly face."

Especially of someone who she looked up to as much as Vraek.

Edited by That Matoran with a Vahi
  • Like 2

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

IC: Salwa (Precipere)

They didn't have to wait long, as I had run across our village like the jaws of a Vorox was snapping at my heels to make it back across towards Somok's hut. If there was one thing people never failed to say about me, it's that I was often headed somewhere, seemingly always on the way somewhere. It was quite true in a sense, in the sense that I often told people exactly that to get out of a conversation.

It had become even easier now, everybody just accepted that the tribe's new head scout would surely be very busy, and I was not at all interested in contradicting them.

I suppressed a panting breath as I made it inside, and approached Somok and Xyde where they were seated.

"Thank you," I wheezed, "got a little bit held up"

OOC: @Nato G @Toru Nui

• Like 2

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Lorqua - Red Star Inn

Lutenus stepped back from the chase more easily than she might have thought. Fine then. This wasn't—couldn't be, had not to be—the end of it.

She turned to Lutenus and shrugged.

"Looks like you're stuck with me, for now. Can't be so hard to find someone else heading Tajun-way soon."

OOC: @Toru Nui

IC: Escus - Outside the Arena Vulcanus

Escus' eyes were wide in the still-before-sunrise darkness of the village of fire. Tajun was one of the cool and dark places of Bara Magna, Vulcanus was far from it. Heat seemed to rise from everything, charged as it all was by the village's famous lava flow. But the street still lay in deep shadow, innumerable darkened windows, doors hanging ponderously ajar.

He had rested little from travel. The heat slipped beneath the door of the two-bit rooming house, so unfamiliar to one so used to Tajun's shade. He had tossed and turned in bed until he simply rose and went out, though it wasn't yet light outside. The Agori sleeping at the desk had awoken as he passed, but said nothing. Escus was the only patron, so far as he could see. Most everyone was going in the other direction.

He forged out into the empty streets, towards the Arena Vulcanus. There he would meet his fellow travellers. And then on to Ferrum, the cresting sun at the horizon of his imagination. Beyond that, he could suppose nothing. "Another step in my rise," he heard spoken as if aloud in his own head.

Entering into the threshold of the great Arena Vulcanus was like stepping through a wall of heat. As he knew, it was built above the lava flow itself, an engineering marvel essentially unrivaled among all the villages. He had fought there before, more times than he cared to try and count, but the heat still surprised him. Inside, he noticed an orange Ferrumite Glatorian sitting silently, seemingly tending to his equipment. Not so far away, another Glatorian lay. The one from Vulcanus was dozing, as far as Escus could tell. They must be the guides. Escus leaned on the haft of his axe.

"Morning, gentlemen. I presume you're the ones I'm here to see. You—" he inclined his head slightly toward the sitting Glatorian, "—must be going home."

OOC: @~Xemnas~ @a goose

Edited by oncertainty
  • Like 3

IC: Maxas and Lutenus (Atero, Red Star Inn) - He’s Who’s Father?

“We’ll be seeing them again.” Lutenus murmured. “I know Celrys, as a… shall we say, repeat customer?” He indicated to his eye and the device jutting from his skull. “Perhaps I should ask him about his family… but that’s a secondary concern, next to the Games. Speaking of which - perhaps it’s best we make preparations to depart…”

Maxas left the building.

@oncertainty

IC: Vraek (Streets of Atero) - Personable Assistance

“‘Personal assistant’?” Vraek couldn’t quite suppress a chuckle at that. “No, no, I do not think that will be necessary…” She smiled, but then realised this might be interpreted as a refusal.

“You can join me, of course, but not in any official capacity. I cannot refuse you, but… do try not to make a spectacle of it. It should be perfectly acceptable for you to accompany me to Tajun, but that does not guarantee no one will baselessly object.” Honour demanded she not turn this woman away… no matter how bad it would look to drag an outcast of her tribe around.

“I’m afraid I haven’t booked anywhere in Atero to stay, I don’t plan to be here long. It will soon be time to leave Atero, in any case. We’ll have to wait for the caravans to get started… ”

@That Matoran with a Vahi

IC: Xyde (Precipere, Somok’s Hut) - Got Stuck in Traffic?

Xyde slotted themself into a chair, just getting comfortable as Salwa arrived. “Righty then.” They were a little confused by the Head Scout’s fatigue, as well as her words. ‘Got held up’? By what? But anyway…

“So, I got back in the middle of things, so could we go over the whole thing again? We’re off to Ferrum, I know, but did anything change while I was gone?”

@Nato G @Geardirector

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 4

IC: Somok - Precipere

"Nothing of note," Somok answered absently, finally setting aside the tablet to focus on the two beings before him, "Have there been any developments in the other villages, beyond the fate of Ferrum or the coming Tournament?" 

Somok considered himself a big-picture person. His duty was to the village as a whole, and as such he paid little attention to the coming and goings of a lone healer who chose to roam around supporting the people of other villages instead of their own. He quite honestly had no idea how long Xyde had been gone this time, or what they were or weren't aware of, and he didn't care enough to ask. 

They weren't here for small talk. 

@Geardirector @Toru Nui

• Like 4

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

On 3/4/2023 at 7:47 PM, Vezok's Friend said:

IC/ Skrall/ Roxtus/ Stables/

Skrall had watched the scene unfold from her spot behind and to the side of the confrontation, half obscured by the wagon she’d helped to load. When it became clear their cargo was committed to being unreasonable, she stepped away from the cart, just far enough to have a clear view and quietly waited for an opening. Trying to run the other legionnaire over with his shield provided one. As one more appeal to reason was being voiced, she widened her stance, lifted her arm and fired her grappling hook cable at the disgraced skrall’s legs, ready to yank him off his feet. 

Hopefully that’d put a quick, non-lethal end to this. He was gonna wind up tied up anyway.

OOC: Busy few weeks for me but I'm back on the grind

IC: Skrall [Roxtus, Stables]

Skrall once again experienced a lack of breath, however through different means to a few minutes prior. The grapple's yank tripped him flat on his face, dazed long enough for one of the nearby Skrall to disarm him.

• Like 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

She gave Lutenus a slight smile.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but, I'm only now starting to appreciate your thoroughness. Let's see them again."

She breathed in and rubbed her chin with one hand.

"I'm happy to leave immediately, everything I need I can carry. If we can find a driver leaving presently I wouldn't complain, we'd only need a few more blades and I'd be willing to take our chances with the desert. Is there anything keeping you here any longer?"

IC: Skrall - Outside Roxtus Stables

Skrall rushed forward, sheathing his own khopesh and taking the now-imprisoned-again-prisoner's blade and shield from him. Having done so, he stood and gave the one with the strange physique a single firm nod. Skrall had shown good thinking, using the grappling hook like that.

Then Skrall looked bashfully about himself, and spoke to no one in particular.

"I apologize about the supplies in that box. I hope they weren't fragile."

He held the prisoner's equipment in both hands before him, not sure what exactly to do with it.

OOC: @BULiK @Vezok's Friend @Nato G @Toru Nui @Burnmad @a goose

• Like 5

IC: Skrall – Roxtus Stables

With the situation now seemingly resolved, Skrall offered nods of acknowledgement to those who had aided in apprehending the rogue, before turning his attention to the Special Forces Skrall who had spoken earlier. 

“I request… clarification,” his tone was tentative as he sought the right words to express his confusion, “We were told that this is a commodity, not a comrade, one that we are to trade to the Bone Hunters for supplies and safe passage.”

Their mission wasn’t even underway, but Skrall already felt like he was missing something.

Why had Tirveus allowed this disgraced warrior to retain his weapons if he was to be sold into slavery? Why was their guide demanding they give respect to one whose cowardice had cost the lives of other Skrall? And why was Skrall himself being regarded as unreasonable for wanting the prisoner to be unarmed? Though more unwieldy than a blade, a Skrall shield was certainly sharp enough to cut through rope bindings.

The fact that this shamed Skrall had been willing to put up a fight against a half-dozen others, in the middle of Roxtus where he stood no chance of survival or escape, made it all the more likely that he would attempt to fight or flee later in their journey when the odds were more in his favour.

“Did Tirveus instruct your differently?”

@a goose

Edited by Nato G
  • Like 4

IC: Skrall (Roxtus Stables)

Skrall looked at their female compatriot with a mix of surprise and admiration. She was highly capable, then – seemingly far moreso than the others.

Then, his train of thought was interrupted.

"I request… clarification."

Skrall stayed silent as Skrall spoke, waiting for the question; when it came, he was surprised for a second time in as many minutes.

"Did Tirveus instruct you differently?"

"No. My orders are exactly the same as yours. I'm just a little more aware of Skrall fallibility."

OOC: @Nato G and Skrall 

• Like 3

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: Skrall - Roxtus Stables

Skrall glared at his Special Forces 'compatriot', his expression suggesting unfavorable appraisal-- not, perhaps, of his opinion, but of the fact that he was expressing it.

You're not supposed to say it.

It was bad enough that he had to travel with a group so full of outcasts - the reject female among them, even - but now the scout that was to be their guide was speaking treasonous utterances. And in the middle of Roxtus. This did not bode well at all. It reflected poorly on Skrall to be near this bunch. Thankfully, the scout was only to accompany them temporarily. Skrall only hoped that the scout's un-Skrall-like ways could evade notice for that time.

OOC: @a goose @Skrall

• Like 5

7 hours ago, a goose said:

"No. My orders are exactly the same as yours. I'm just a little more aware of Skrall fallibility."

His brow furrowed as he pondered the response. 

"Allowing the prisoner to keep his weapons increases the chance of our  fallibility."

@a goose

• Like 4

IC: Selamat - Arena Vulcanus

Selamat arrived in the arena. He'd have been the first to show up, but he had gone home to rest immediately after signing up. He had wanted to ensure that he was fresh for the road ahead.

Nodding in the general direction of the others who had gathered there, he sat himself upon the familiar sand of the arena, and drew his breakfast from his bag: Fresh bread; a few vegetables from Tesara; a sip of precious water from one of his skins. His favored blade was at his hip, but his spear was with him also, as was a survival knife that was indispensable in the wilderness. He wore a head covering, to keep the sun off and the sand out, though it was pulled down off his mouth for now.

@a goose @oncertainty @~Xemnas~

• Like 2

The moment their cargo went down, she moved again, the winch in her arm reeling to keep tension on the grapple. Once-skrall heard articulated crampons digging into the ground to his sides and then felt a knee between his shoulder blades as she straddled him.

“Resist - it’ll hurt.”

She doubted physical pain could match the feeling of having his shield taken and then being wrangled by her of all people. She looked back up at the other skrall, either watching or talking, then around the stables again. Plenty of rope, spikit harnesses and other belts on hand.

“Fetters.” She demanded.

OOC: @BULiK @a goose @skrall 

• Like 5

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

"Not his weapons, his-" Skrall cringed as the female pinned their traitorous brother to the floor. "Dignity. When possible, I like to avoid pissing off prisoners; call it pragmatism."

OOC: @Nato G (I'll have a Vulcanus reply up for other folks soon)

• Like 4

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

"Dignity," he spoke the word slowly, chewing on its syllables as if they were gristle. "If the prisoner's feelings are such a priority to you, I would ask that he be placed on your carriage, under your care."

It went without saying that Skrall intended to place himself on the other chariot. 

If their guide wanted to risk the success of their mission to spare the prisoner's self-esteem, he could bear the responsibility and consequences. 

@a goose @skrall

• Like 3

IC: Lutenus (Atero, Red Star Inn) - Are You Inn or Out?

“Thank you… I think. The metal eye whirred as it spun around, as Lutenus began heading out of the inn, with Lorqua presumably following.

“But to answer your question, no,  I don’t believe there’s any reason to dally further - though it may still be some time before the caravans move in full force. I take it you’re prepared to fight in the arena once more, then?”

@oncertainty

IC: Skrall (Roxtus, Stables) - Instability in the Stables

Oh for love of rock - what were they arguing about now? Actually, he didn’t care.

“This bickering is pointless.” He blurted out, before deciding to stick with it. “This argument makes no sense.” Technically, now he was contributing to the very discord he was condemning, but only in the pursuit of ending it.

“Skrall cannot appear to be divided in front of prisoners - certainly not when Skrall meet with the renegades and the southerners.”

@a goose @BULiK @Nato G @Burnmad @Vezok's Friend @oncertainty

IC: Xyde (Precipere, Somok’s Hut) - Fine, Be That Way, You Old ####

“Nothing I’ve seen or heard of.” They’d like to know something so they too, could spitefully withhold it, but Xyde genuinely hadn’t seen or noticed anything unusual. Except…

“Well, actually, I’ve noticed that people tend to make more metal bits than they used to, which raises medical complications - nothing WE need to be concerned with, of course.”

@Nato G @Geardirector

• Like 4

"We won't," Skrall cut in, ending the conversation as well as his comrade's concerns. "We present a strong front to the outsiders. We are Skrall!" As he spoke, he looked to each in turn-- even the female. Even the scout. Not the traitor.

"Now," he said, looking to the cart they had been loading, "let us finish our preparations and be on our way."

OOC: @a goose @BULiK @Nato G @oncertainty @Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

• Like 4

IC: Xani (Atero)

Slave trading was not an easy job, contrary to popular belief. Slaves had to be acquired, kept in check and delivered to customers, which usually required a lot of travel and a lot of coercion. Worse of all, it wasn't the job Xani wanted to do, but it was the only thing that gave her the living standards she deserved.

As such, after a successful trade deal had been completed in Iconox, she figured she had earned a short vacation of sorts. So she took her Baranus chariot and headed to Atero, where Grand Tournament was going to be held. She didn't actually enjoy spectating fighting games that much, but this time of year it was full of folks from all kinds of different tribes and cultures. For a short while, she figured, she could try out her old life and showcase some of her artwork. Who knows, maybe someone would buy something for once, though she doubted it. Or maybe she could sign a trade deal involving slaves instead...

After she arrived in Atero, she left her chariot and Spikit inside the stables near the city gates. She was planning to setup a public display of her finest crafts in one of the busier streets, but first she just wanted to take it easy and take a walk around the city. She hadn't been here in a couple years, so she wondered if anything had changed. 

The streets were just as crowded as before, though she noted the lower number of Iron Tribe members. But what really caught her attention was a pair of her fellow Ice Tribe members. She was relieved to see her kin here among all these strangers and walked towards them. As she got closer, she thought she could even recognize one of them. The two appeared to be having a conversation, so she tried to be polite.

"Ahem, sorry to interrupt you two, but..." she said, then looked at the glatorian: "You are... Wreck, right? You're here to represent our Iconox at the upcoming tournament, I presume?"

OOC: @Toru Nui@That Matoran with a Vahimind if i butt in conveniently with another ice tribe char

• Like 3

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Del - Red Star Inn, Atero

On 3/8/2023 at 4:29 PM, Snelly said:

"Okay Del, let's go find your daddy."

Without meaning to, Skyra had twisted a knife. After a pause for thought, Ahmoa turned to watch the driver head out to prep her vehicle, calling after her "We'll be out in a moment."

Unheeding of the crimson guard's words, Del followed hot on Skyra's heels, turning back to the duo. "Del I, to find Celrys..." they paused, figuring out the right words to use as they sprung myriad from a dusty lexicon, "...go with Skyra Daring, the best driver, to Tajun." The light, dim as it was, had returned to the Glatorian's eyes. A hint of a smile passed across their lips.

Ahmoa returned the faint smile before turning to his partner. The green Agori stared vacantly ahead, through the far wall of the inn.

"Are you okay, darling?" He gently took Mard's hand.

The seconds before he responded gave his true answer, but the Jungle Agori finally returned Ahmoa's loving gaze with a short nod and a sharp "Yeah." He squeezed the crimson guard's hand a little tighter.

"It's been a crazy couple o' weeks, huh?" The facade of bravery slipped from his face a little.

Ahmoa was accustomed to being brave for the both of them in a professional capacity, but now found himself similarly disarmed. "It has..." he struggled to say much more, the words catching in his throat.

All a sudden, Mard tore himself from the crimson guard and ran out of the Red Star.

Del had just about reached Skyra's waiting transport, the Glatorian carrying their club-and-buckler as their only luggage, their only belongings.

"Del!"

The Iron Tribal had just barely turned around before being thrown off their feet by the unstoppable force that was a grief-stricken and crying Mard, Ahmoa following not far behind.

<<Analysing scenario.>>

<<Mard grappling Del I. Legs immobilised. Combat disadvantage.>>

You’re a warrior’s brain...

<<Mard unarmed. Mard body language does not indicate hostile intent. Mard vocalisation does not indicate hostile intent.>>

...in a warrior’s body...

<<Mard... friend. Query.>>

"Is... combat?" Del asked.

Mard was stunned by the absurdity of the question, wondering where they'd even learned the word "combat." As Ahmoa helped the two of them to their feet, he couldn't help but begin to laugh and laugh through his tears.

"No, silly, it's... it's called a hug. It's like... the opposite of combat. For people you don't want to fight."

"For people you care about, dear Del." the Fire Agori added warmly before pulling Del a rather less high-impact embrace. "And know that wherever you go in this great desert, we care about you so very much."

Mard piled in again, regaining some control after his outburst. "We're so proud of ya, buddy."

Del stood processing for some time, two Agori wrapped around their waist. Eventually, painstakingly, the Glatorian draped their arms over the duo's shoulders and pulled them in close.

"For Mard, Ahmoa, Del I don't want to fight."

...but you don’t have to be a warrior.

OOC: @Snelly @Morgan Yu

Edited by Techn0geist
  • Like 5

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

As Lutenus turned his back to her and walked towards the door, Lorqua stood for a moment, and shook her head. She sighed, and then she jogged forward to catch up.

"Yeah. Not that, uh, I think I'll make much difference for Tesara. I'm a decent fighter in the desert, decent enough to make a living at least, but it's a different beast to fight in the Arena. It's been a while. Suppose that means I've strayed, as far as you're concerned. I get it, a lot of people see it that way."

She rubbed the back of her neck, just as the two of them reached the threshold of the Inn.

"But I will do it. I've got two reasons to be in Tajun now. Seeing as it might be the second best place after Ferrum, to figure out something about what's going on in Ferrum."

Lutenus wanted to know that too. Lorqua could tell.

OOC: @Toru Nui

IC: Skrall - Outside Roxtus Stables

Skrall nodded along with both sides of the dispute. Both sides agreed on the one thing that Skrall was interested in, which was getting out of Roxtus. Sooner, rather than later. At the older one's words, he resumed loading the carriages with supplies.

"Being on our way works for me."

He looked about himself, to any of his fellows who were listening.

"Not that my opinion matters. Nor should it."

He spoke without malice. He was happy enough to be in motion, for now.

OOC: @a goose @BULiK @Burnmad @Nato G @Toru Nui @Vezok's Friend

IC: Escus - Arena Vulcanus

Escus gave a slight nod to the next to arrive, a hooded and quiet Glatorian of Vulcanus. He turned back towards the voice, set his jaw, and raised his brows as the Ferrumite spoke.

"That's the impression I'm getting, from what little I've heard. My sympathies."

He spun his axe around and placed it on the ground, then lowered himself to sit cross-legged on the floor of the arena.

He breathed in deeply, and then regretted it. All he could smell was sulfurous vapours, and the heat made the inside of his nose itch. The corners of his mouth turned up in a hint of a grimace.

"All the same, who ever likes to go home anyway?"

OOC: @Burnmad @~Xemnas~ @a goose

• Like 4

IC: Salwa (Precipere)

"Ferrum has overshadowed much else that's happening," I admitted as I thought for a moment about what I could pull from my most recent scouting trips, "but the Bone Hunters are also on the move in a way I haven't seen before. I think they captured a survivor from Ferrum. The tournament in Tajun is still on schedule, however."

That much I had at least gathered. In the end, it was something to say. I wasn't feeling too comfortable about saying much more, however.

OOC: @Nato G @Toru Nui

• Like 2

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Skrall only acknowledged the little speech with the barest of glances. Her attention was firmly on securing their cargo still. She tied his wrists firmly behind his back, cut the rope and then did the same to his ankles, with slack enough to walk almost as normal - but not enough to run. If you couldn’t run in the wastes, you’d be dead. 

Once the restraints were in place, she first removed her grappling line, then pulled him up by the shoulders from down prone, to kneeling. She indicated the wagons. 

“Get up. Get in.”

OOC: @BULiK @skrall 

• Like 4

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Somok – Precipere

“I doubt we have anything to fear from the scavengers,” Somok replied dismissively. Not only would the Bone Hunters have difficulty bringing a fighting force up the narrow stairwell to Precipere, but they’d find little worth looting when they arrived. The Ash Tribe's greatest treasure was its history, and such things held no material value to the savages of the wider wasteland.

“Now, you said we needed to discuss your ‘approach’ before you left. Go ahead.”

@Toru Nui @Geardirector

IC: Gayle – Vulcanus

The teal-and-green Agori was the next to arrive in the arena, whistling to herself as she wandered in.

“Looks like I’m the odd one out,” she remarked to no one in particular, noting immediately that the rest of the gathered group were all Glatorian. "I look forward to working with y'all."

@~Xemnas~ @Burnmad @oncertainty

• Like 2

a slave | bone hunter stronghold

you drew the short straw this time—the others do not envy you, because you all know that the not-hunter called Talrix hates skrall.  you are not skrall, but you do not think she will understand this.  so very little do.

It is a long way to the cell block that you are supposed to go to, through twisting passages full of not-hunters that make note of you as you pass.  you try not to memorize the way it goes. you do not open the door.  any slave that wants to keep all their limbs knows which thresholds not to cross.  but you knock softly, steadily increasing the volume.  it is better than surprising her.

the tray of victuals should be carefully balanced, no wine spilled, no grit allowed to penetrate the covering. you are good at this, at least.  for those the night once called friend the sense of balance is key.

you wait, bracing for a blow that might come. it is better to be prepared.

Edited by Mel
  • Like 5

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Lutenus and Vraek (Streets of Atero) - Wreckage

Vraek. She corrected, insistently. “But yes, I will be representing Iconox. Would I be doing anything else?” What else could she do? Barbaric practices or not, the Ice Tribe were her people and her home. To abandon them was unthinkable.

Elsewhere, Lutenus stepped out of the Red Star Inn, and back onto the street.

“Hmmm… what do you say… you and I have a little sparring match before we depart for Tajun? To… reintegrate yourself with arena combat.”

@Daniel the Finlander @That Matoran with a Vahi @oncertainty

IC: Skrall (Roxtus, Stables) - Road Trip

Skrall looked at the prisoner. He forcibly suppressed and quashed a treacherous feeling akin to pity. This creature was no longer Skrall, and must be treated as such, despite the semblance of honour he had regained in resisting them. Meanwhile, there were his brothers, Skrall without question, despite their myriad differences and their quarrels that would have brought shame to the Rock Tribe if an outsider or a higher-ranking tribesman beheld them.

He finished loading the last of the supplies, and boarded one of the carriages. He wasn’t certain what possibility would be worse - the mind-numbing boredom of such a long journey in silence, or the return of this… infighting.

@BULiK @a goose @Burnmad @Nato G @Vezok's Friend @oncertainty

IC: Taldrix (Bone Hunter Stronghold, Outside Somnii’s Cell) - Rude to the Waiter

Oh. This one. This worthless, pathetic wretch. She snatched the plate of food out of his hands with only a mildly contemptuous glare.

“This is usually where I’d make a joke at the Skrall’s expense, but the one that just walked in should be quite sufficient. You can go now, unless there was anything else?

@Mel

Edited by Toru Nui
  • Like 3

IC: Lorqua - Streets of Atero

Out into the streets, warmer still than inside the Red Star. Cool enough yet that there were still people on the streets, streets that would deaden as they reached the warmest part of the day. Walking alongside Lutenus, she considered the offer. She could use the practice, she supposed. She was going through with it now, and the fact that she was actually going to be expected to fight hadn't quite sunken in. Lutenus, not to mention everyone else, would definitely frown on it if she just surrendered.

"Yeah, alright. Let's do it. You probably know better than me: where's the nearest arena?"

Edited by oncertainty
  • Like 2

Content Warning: internalized victim blaming

a slave | bone hunter stronghold

a physical blow would have been less painful.  but she is right. you are a joke.  even the not-hunter can see how not-skrall you are.

you shake your head wordlessly and slip back into the maze of tunnels.

Edited by Mel
  • Like 4

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Tueris (Staff NPC; The Long Road to Ferrum)

"No Agori."

The gruff voice that came from the sleeping Fire Glatorian was a surprise to all, not least because his eyes were still closed.

"The call was for warriors. You're not a warrior."

OOC: Apologies for the wait, @Nato G @oncertainty @~Xemnas~ @Burnmad

• Like 1

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: Escus - Arena Vulcanus

Escus turned his head toward the Glatorian of fire, whom he had only moments ago assumed to be sleeping.

It was a harsh way of putting it, and Escus was glad he didn’t have to say it himself. All the same, it was hard to disagree. They couldn’t take a liability, if this was going to be as dangerous as it seemed. The Agori looked like she knew her way around the desert, but then again they already had a Ferrumite who could act as guide.

He looked to the Agori, shrugged, and grimaced apologetically. But he said nothing. 

OOC: writing this on my phone in a lecture break so hoping the formatting doesn’t come out weird @a goose @Nato G @~Xemnas~ @Burnmad

• Like 1

IC: Selamat - Arena Vulcanus

Selamat, still chewing a mouthful of bread, glanced at the Agori that was entering. Before he could swallow, Tueris and another had already spoken up to object to the small being's presence. He nodded his agreement to the words of Vulcanus' disgraced former Second Glatorian. "It is a treacherous path we will walk," he muttered. His voice was remarkably high when compared with most men, and pleasantly smooth.

@a goose @Nato G @oncertainty @~Xemnas~

Edited by Burnmad
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, a goose said:

"No Agori. The call was for warriors. You're not a warrior."

IC: Gayle - Vulcanus Arena

"Oh dear, we're not off to a good start, are we?" Her tone, and the disapproving head shake that accompanied it, was one of mocking disappointment, "Are you this quick to judge everyone you meet? Here I was thinking you'd be more appreciative of someone voluntarily offering up her time to help."

In the Glatorian's defence, Raanu's message had specifically asked for Glatorian. But Agori could fight in the arenas as well as any Glatorian, and Gayle had more experience in the wastelands than career Glatorian who never left the safety of the villages and well-travelled roads.

"I mean, how many Glatorian were you actually expecting to get during tournament season?"

@a goose @Burnmad @oncertainty @~Xemnas~

• Like 2

"Are you prepared to die?"

One eye was cracked open, now; in the dim red light of the approaching dawn, it was becoming clear that the other was scarred.

OOC: @Nato G @Burnmad @oncertainty @~Xemnas~

• Like 3

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]