Time Running Out To Get Your Bionicle GWP

http://www.bzpower.info=
40581 Bionicle Tahu and Takua has only been available as a gift with purchase for a little more than a week, but the promotion is already coming to an end. You have until February 9th to make your purchases to acquire the set. (The requirements being more complex than usual, of course: $100 USD spent on sets from selected themes including Ninjago, Monkie Kid, City, Friends, Creator 3-in-1, Classic, and DOTs.) If you haven't made your set selections yet, then you only have a few days left. (And if you're not interested in Bionicle for some strange reason, you can take advantage of a Double VIP Point weekend happening right afterwards from 2/10 to 2/16.) As for those of us who already have the GWP, let us know which sets you bought to qualify in the Talkback Topic!

View the full article

Double VIP points being offered this coming weekend? :o I just made another purchase just yesterday. -_- I thought I was done looking like a fool over these things, but nope...

What made me so impatient yesterday? Well, first of all, no, I was not attempting to get a third Tahu & Takua set. Two reasons, actually. First, there were a few things I wanted to get ahead of last Christmas, but couldn't get them because they were already out of stock at the time, and when I recently noticed they were back in stock, I didn't want to miss out on those things again. And second reason, among the VIP rewards, one that just became available this month is a special set that can only be obtained by spending some VIP points (specifically, World of Wonders for 2700 points). I found that set interesting as it's been a while since I got any Architecture sets that I liked, but since I could not find anything specifying how long that set would be available for, I ultimately decided the sooner the better.

And so, I redeemed the points to get that set (don't worry, I've still got plenty more points in my account), and since I needed to buy something else to get that special set included, I decided to go for all of those other things I couldn't get earlier but were available now. And since the order just started shipping today, it's too late to cancel it, so it looks like I'll just have to accept that I once again got just a little too impatient...

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

1 hour ago, Bambi said:

I don't understand why they didn't just make this available for purchase by itself. Not everyone can spend $100 for it. People will just have to use Bricklink or eBay to get it; now Lego will be missing out on sales.

And those prices will probably be even worse than the GWP price.

• Like 1

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

Well, now that I know what the next GWP set is (an off-road ambulance for the City theme, available for spending $100 on anything), I now don't regret my most recent purchase quite as much, because I'm not interested in obtaining that one at all. There will be plenty more opportunities to get double VIP points, and I've already got just about everything I was interested in, at least among the things that are currently available. Let's just say I've got quite a few sets on my wishlist that won't be available until next month, so I'll have plenty to choose from if another GWP set later this year catches my interest.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

On 2/10/2023 at 8:00 PM, Chronicler06 said:

Well, now that I know what the next GWP set is (an off-road ambulance for the City theme, available for spending $100 on anything), I now don't regret my most recent purchase quite as much, because I'm not interested in obtaining that one at all. There will be plenty more opportunities to get double VIP points, and I've already got just about everything I was interested in, at least among the things that are currently available. Let's just say I've got quite a few sets on my wishlist that won't be available until next month, so I'll have plenty to choose from if another GWP set later this year catches my interest.

Agreed. The moving truck they just revealed looks good to me though, assuming that's the next one after the ambulance.