Are you collecting still?

T.B.O.C

On 5/10/2023 at 3:47 PM, Crimson Jester said:

I’m missing 3 sets from 2001-2002, and I’ve got most sets up to 2007 now. Need to thin out duplicates before I get more now!

My most recent acquisition was a sealed Muaka and Kane-Ra which I’ll open for YouTube and build on stream alongside the Bionicle GWP sometime soon.

Nice! Older sealed sets are super neat to me - I don't have any older than 2003 (a Turahk I ended up getting for cheap). Would be a ton of fun to watch that opening! Which 2001-2002 sets are you missing now?

22 minutes ago, The Archivist said:

I started in late Quarantine, after having played with Bionicles as a kid. I love the technical aspects of collecting. 

Anyway, it's financially ruined me. At least I got a few slick prototypes. 

Ah, quarantine was definitely a time to start. Prices are SO rough nowadays. Very curious about the prototypes, what ones have you gotten?

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

17 hours ago, T.B.O.C said:

Nice! Older sealed sets are super neat to me - I don't have any older than 2003 (a Turahk I ended up getting for cheap). Would be a ton of fun to watch that opening! Which 2001-2002 sets are you missing now?

Ah, quarantine was definitely a time to start. Prices are SO rough nowadays. Very curious about the prototypes, what ones have you gotten?

Agreed! I can still tell you exactly where I was when I received and built Muaka and Kane-Ra at Christmas 2001, so it’s going to be a really special event! I’ll post somewhere here when that is happening.

I’m missing the Manas, Nui-Jaga, Power Pack, and Master Builder set. But with the prices for the Master Builder set here, I’ll probably focus on the other three.

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2023 at 5:43 PM, The Archivist said:

I started in late Quarantine, after having played with Bionicles as a kid. I love the technical aspects of collecting. 

Anyway, it's financially ruined me. At least I got a few slick prototypes. 

Ooh, do tell! Which ones did you snag? And I feel that, I have spent way too much money, and now I’m trying to clean up after myself while stuff still catches my eye from time to time 😂

Edited by Tohunga Premium

Also, I’m still collecting too! All I really need are kraata now, which I’m sure most of you already know from my posts and DMs lol, but I also keep my eye out for lucky FB marketplace finds, and I finally had one!

63B43195-1390-45D0-A98D-9109532B6450.jpeg

6CCCD27C-F114-4917-8D32-CEA9FC337AC2.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Toa Matia said:

Also, I’m still collecting too! All I really need are kraata now, which I’m sure most of you already know from my posts and DMs lol, but I also keep my eye out for lucky FB marketplace finds, and I finally had one!

soo jealous!

also fixed the image

ScreenShot2023-06-02at9_55_30.thumb.png.b4e5c1d14fc97104b5b113069852581b.png

Edited by confused piraka

image.gif.f0b625d4fc4c82b928516a036fc1cf5a.gif

1 hour ago, Toa Matia said:

-image snip-

Ah, the mixed in Knex. Exactly the state that box I got a month ago was in (with a lot of extra random tat in there to boot).

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

9 hours ago, tourmalinex said:

The lot was going to be on ebay. However I would like to get it.I think the silver item on the lower right is a white metal krana.

If we’re looking at the same thing, it looks a little more chrome, so maybe it’s a VMKK! Hit me up if it turns out to be, I’ve been specifically looking for a Yo

2 hours ago, Tohunga Premium said:

If we’re looking at the same thing, it looks a little more chrome, so maybe it’s a VMKK! Hit me up if it turns out to be, I’ve been specifically looking for a Yo

I got my answer the Krana Xa & pearl gold Kraahkan are bootlegs.

“Those are bootlegs, the mask of shadows and commander krana come in various types of colors from the early 2000’s. You could get hard plastic krana and gold,gray,yellow, light brown colored masks of shadows off sites that sell bootleg from CN. This command krana is not metal, it’s made of krana rubber and has metal paint/Shrink-wrap on it. Look up 9299 Star Soldier Wars and you will find a bootleg mata nui giant. These masks sometimes have the Lego lego and part numbers.

4 hours ago, tourmalinex said:

“Those are bootlegs, the mask of shadows and commander krana come in various types of colors from the early 2000’s. You could get hard plastic krana and gold,gray,yellow, light brown colored masks of shadows off sites that sell bootleg from CN. This command krana is not metal, it’s made of krana rubber and has metal paint/Shrink-wrap on it. Look up 9299 Star Soldier Wars and you will find a bootleg mata nui giant. These masks sometimes have the Lego lego and part numbers.

Ah, oh well. Pretty interesting though!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2023 at 2:58 PM, tourmalinex said:

Oh neat! Shame it's not the rarer collectible, but I honestly have a bit of a soft spot for the bootlegs and imitators now. Somewhat hard to find...

On 6/2/2023 at 11:28 AM, Toa Matia said:

Wow! Absolute score on the Kanohi. Not sure what you paid, but hey - that's some value there. And do I spot a Kane-ra torso in there?...

My updates are relatively slow - been trying to cut down on spending. But... I did just finish my Krana-Kal collection (last couple of ones), got a few boxes (including the yellow Jetrax, sort of pumped about that), and am now down to 4 sets remaining. Just bought #5 - Toa Undersea Attack. A weirdly pricey one. Interestingly enough, found a sealed one for cheaper than people are trying to sell it opened and without the box... 2007 playsets aren't good enough for that kind of money.

Oh, and I got a Chrome Rua finally! I bought a partial Powerpack from a BZPer back in the early 2000s. Was basically just the box and CD. Had a Hafu, finally last year found the instruction booklet (had to import from Germany...), and finally picked up the mask. I'm gonna pretend there's no plastic insert and try not to let that bother me. Slowly wanting to finish up my Kanohi Nuva as well and call it quits with mask collecting. Then I can pretend like I'll finish my Kraata collection ever!

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!