what's the big deal with Brutaka?

confused piraka

I imagine most titan sets are expensive. Brutaka is probably more so due to having a lot of in-demand parts in pearl gold. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

On 2/24/2023 at 6:23 PM, confused piraka said:

I'm almost thinking about just buying the parts indulvidaly

Be wary - price of the gold parts alone can make this just as expensive. That, and the rubber socket parts. I'm currently just waiting out some Pearl Gold parts to build Botar and the pricing SUCKS. I'm not even going after many - some of the Pearl Gold tubes in that set are $11 right now in the US. That is, unless some pricing changed in the last few days. I try not to think about the costs to finish this Botar build. Imagine a $20 set would turn into being this expensive...

I would say though - Brutaka isn't rare, just overvalued. Brutaka had the same availability and shelf-life of the other regular retail 2006 titans, and technically received further with the release of Vezon & Kardas. His Pearl Gold parts are just highly valued, as I believe he's the only set for most of them. This is probably why he's more expensive than Axonn, who uses relatively common parts (and his rarer and exclusive/ish parts are pricier). It also helps that Brutaka is one of the better G1 BIONICLE sets, so it's a lot of market desire being overvalued.

I would also agree that titan sets are just generally overvalued and are pricier in the current market. Look at the 2007 and 2009 titans. Full availability... extreme pricing.. Definitely the ones that were good to have bought at release if for nothing else than the relief of going "oh I don't have to think about these prices." Just hope you're not needing Karzahni still.

• Like 3

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

14 hours ago, T.B.O.C said:

Be wary - price of the gold parts alone can make this just as expensive. That, and the rubber socket parts. I'm currently just waiting out some Pearl Gold parts to build Botar and the pricing SUCKS. I'm not even going after many - some of the Pearl Gold tubes in that set are $11 right now in the US. That is, unless some pricing changed in the last few days. I try not to think about the costs to finish this Botar build. Imagine a $20 set would turn into being this expensive...

I would say though - Brutaka isn't rare, just overvalued. Brutaka had the same availability and shelf-life of the other regular retail 2006 titans, and technically received further with the release of Vezon & Kardas. His Pearl Gold parts are just highly valued, as I believe he's the only set for most of them. This is probably why he's more expensive than Axonn, who uses relatively common parts (and his rarer and exclusive/ish parts are pricier). It also helps that Brutaka is one of the better G1 BIONICLE sets, so it's a lot of market desire being overvalued.

I would also agree that titan sets are just generally overvalued and are pricier in the current market. Look at the 2007 and 2009 titans. Full availability... extreme pricing.. Definitely the ones that were good to have bought at release if for nothing else than the relief of going "oh I don't have to think about these prices." Just hope you're not needing Karzahni still.

how would you get Brutaka? is the best strategy just grinding for him?

Edited by confused piraka
  • Like 1

image.gif.f0b625d4fc4c82b928516a036fc1cf5a.gif

12 hours ago, confused piraka said:

how would you get Brutaka? is the best strategy just grinding for him?

Basically, yeah. My one offhand piece of advice is I often see Brutaka or parts of him in lots. Worth keeping an eye out for that, as you typically limit how much you'd be paying for it. Keep in mind what parts are expensive, though. On the other hand, besides those pearl gold parts and the rubber sockets, a lot of Brutaka parts are cheap. I'd say its worth keeping an eye out and setting a max price you want to spend on it, and see what fits.

• Like 1

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg

On 2/26/2023 at 8:33 PM, T.B.O.C said:

some of the Pearl Gold tubes in that set are $11 right now in the US. That is, unless some pricing changed in the last few days.

I got a Brutaka last spring missing a few parts and spent the summer hemming and hawing over the various $6 tube listings and ended up skipping, really regretting it now, lol.

13 minutes ago, Bonkle said:

I got a Brutaka last spring missing a few parts and spent the summer hemming and hawing over the various $6 tube listings and ended up skipping, really regretting it now, lol.

Right? I swear I checked prices on some of these parts last year in case a Kardas I bought was missing stuff and it was not this bad. Hoping those prices go back down...

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg