Official SBC Contest 4: The Gift That Keeps On Giving!

Official SBC Contest 4: The Gift That Keeps On Giving!

We kicked off 2023 with the first new Bionicle release in years, 40581 Tahu and Takua. It's great to see Bionicle get a little more official love, even if it's in a different form than usual. Honestly, isn't "built different" at the core of Bionicle anyways?

Now you're going to build different, but the same, if you catch me. What we want this time is for you to build a Bionicle set in the style of 40581 Tahu and Takua. Pick a set, view it from a more System-based lens, and get to work! G1 or G2, it's all good. Just put those bricks to use!

And by bricks, I mean ones made of either plastic or code. Digital entries are welcome in this contest. And while we're at it, custom stickers are also welcome in this contest. You're not required to ask us to imagine real hard what your printed Kanohi would look like.

We're not going to sit around and imagine your MOCs, though. Get building!

-------------------------

You have from now until Sunday, March 26th at 11:59 P.M. Eastern to submit your entries. To submit your entries, just use this handy form. Only one entry per person, please.

Voting:

Voting begins March 28th and ends March 31st at 11:59 P.M. Eastern.

The contest winner and final voting results will be posted in a separate thread on April 1st.

Rules:

1) Entries may not have been posted on BZPower prior to the start of the contest. It can be posted anywhere else before the contest, but it must never have been seen before on BZPower. Once entered, entries cannot be modified: you're committed to what you've entered. If you withdraw your entry, you cannot enter again that contest. If your entry is disqualified, you cannot enter again that contest.

2) Painted parts, non-LEGO parts, and parts edited in Photoshop are not permitted and will disqualify you. The only exception is editing or painting pieces that are part of a mask. All other LEGO pieces are permitted, but the entry must be at least 75% System.

3) Keep it clean, keep it civil. No flaming, no whining. Unsporting conduct will just get you disqualified.

4) Campaigning for votes (mass-PMing, etc), using multiple accounts to skew voting, and sundry other methods of cheating are only going to end in tears for you. Trust us: we'll know when you're doing it.

---------------------------------------

Prizes:

First place will receive a Trans-Clear Mask of Fire. A randomly chosen entrant will receive a Trans-Neon Green Skull Scorpio Mask. Thanks to LEGO for the prizes!

Contest Host:

Tufi Piyufi

So what are you waiting for? Get building!

• Like 2
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

On 3/20/2023 at 12:41 AM, Axelford said:

Is there a clear way to see how many people have already entered or what subject matter they chose? I'm wondered I may double up. 

I'll see about getting the list up soon, but I'd recommend just going with what you want to enter.

Bonus announcement: the deadline is now Sunday, April 2nd at 11:59 PM Eastern. Things come up, earnest pleas are made, et cetera and so forth. It's still going to be here before you know it, though, so keep building!

• Like 3
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!