Anime General Thread (Official)

Hodor

Well, the Official Favorite Anime thread was essentially the general thread, and hasn't been re-posted, so I figured I'd make this thread.Discuss favorites/watch you're watching/etc here.During the down time I watched the following:End of Evangelion (loved it, Netflix is never getting it back)Gaiking: Legends of Daiku-Maryu (Watching right now)Puella Magi Madoka Magica (loved)Armored Troopers VOTOMS (watching)Turn A Gundam (loved)Blue Comet SPT Layzner (SUBS TAKE FOREVER)Victory Gundam (enjoyed)Nadesico (loved the show, hated the movie)Kotetsushin Jeeg (So awesome.)Space Runaway Ideon (They really DID kill everyone! Pretty good)RahXephon Interlude: Her and Herself (Interesting character development piece for Quon. Loved it as much as the series)Tekkaman Blade (Good)Tekkaman Blade 2 (eh, so-so)Shishunki Bishojou Gattai Robo Z-Mind (meeeeeeeeeeeh)Ghost in the Shell (Very, very good)Sgt. Frog (Love this show)I know I'm forgetting a lot, but meh.

Edit: >1 1/2 years later

>still not official

Let's fix that.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 1

hElbrZ6.gif

Popped a request to make an Official topic to Than earlier. He might as well make this one it.Anyway, I've seen more anime than I would are to count in the past year.So: Fate/Zero seriously feels like it's going to be the most epic show this season.Also mad at Funimation for no news for NA Index and Railgun releases.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

Watched a handful of popular anime in the interim, though the only one that really stuck was the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Finally seeing the English dub of Disappearance was excellent, though it is a bit odd after months of only having seen the original. On Rebuild 3.0:

I really want to see what's become of Rei, Shinji, and Unit-01. The trailer implies they're still definitely trapped; I certainly hope they don't spend the entire movie in the Eva's core, only to burst out at the climax. Though it would give Asuka Shikinami, Mari, and the rest more time for their character development...

Edited by Renewal

~ Renewal ~

Watched a handful of popular anime in the interim, though the only one that really stuck was the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Finally seeing the English dub of Disappearance was excellent, though it is a bit odd after months of only having seen the original.On Rebuild 3.0:

I really want to see what's become Rei, Shinji, and Unit-01. The trailer implies they're still definitely trapped; I certainly hope they don't spend the entire movie in the Eva's core, only to burst out at the climax. Though it would give Asuka Shikinami, Mari, and the rest more time for their character development...

Honestly? I have a feeling it's going to have to do with Kaworu being the exact same one as the TV series. He does seem to know quite a lot about the plot so far and Unit-06's appearance to prevent Third Impact is awfully convenient... It's entirely possible SEELE's been filling him in though. Praying that he doesn't kill a kitten though.

hElbrZ6.gif

I spent almost the entire forum downtime watching anime. Unfortunately, I can only remember a few of them right now. Anyway, here are some of the ones I can remember: Darker than BlackTengen Toppa Gurren LagannThe World God Only KnowsTiger and BunnyAo no ExorcistBakumanGosickThe first FMA series And many others that I don't feel like typing out. :P

Lacertus

I always look for something to watch but I have such a peculiar taste that's it's hard to find something. :( I've watched Mushi-shi, Samurai Champloo, Ergo Proxy (Loved this one), and am currently watching Naruto. I've tried Bleach and Code Geass, but I couldn't get "into" it.

Ahem.GAI-GAI-GAI DAIKU MARYU GAIKING. Seriously, Gaiking Legend of Daiku Maryu is pretty good, even if its animation is bad.

hElbrZ6.gif

I always look for something to watch but I have such a peculiar taste that's it's hard to find something. :( I've watched Mushi-shi, Samurai Champloo, Ergo Proxy (Loved this one), and am currently watching Naruto. I've tried Bleach and Code Geass, but I couldn't get "into" it.

Ahem.GAI-GAI-GAI DAIKU MARYU GAIKING. Seriously, Gaiking Legend of Daiku Maryu is pretty good, even if its animation is bad.
Ahh, it's mecha, I dislike mecha. And to ckmc, I'm not quite sure what I mean. :o I try a whole bunch of things and I just go "Don't like it". I do seem to like grim dark or realistic futuristic. a bit like Eve No Jikan. It's sort of like music. It's a hit or miss. Good art also helps. :3

Yeah, I actually became slightly depressed for a while after watching it, simply because I knew that whatever I watched next wouldn't be as good. :P

I feel the same way. I hate looking for something else to watch after watching something really, really good. Then my expectations are really high.

Yeah, I actually became slightly depressed for a while after watching it, simply because I knew that whatever I watched next wouldn't be as good. :P

I feel the same way. I hate looking for something else to watch after watching something really, really good. Then my expectations are really high.
I actually tried to find the funniest series I could to get through it (vastly different genre). It worked... Mostly. :P

Lacertus

Gonna start watching Black Rock Shooter when I can. Let's see, some of my favorite anime and manga... Death Note+AnimaSteam DetectivesKitchen Princess (Don't judge me)Naruto (OK I lied, it's not a favorite, but I do keep up to date with it. JUST END THE SERIES ALREADY!)Ghost in the ShellAppleseedOuran High School Host ClubAzumanga Daioh! Hmm.... It's funny, for as much as I love Anime, I don't actually keep up with many, I just know their basic plots and characters, etc. For example, I've never even watched Full Metal Alchemist, but I know enough about it to hold a conversation. I gotta start watching more. On a separate note, anyone else attend NDK?

:hau: :a: :k: :a: :m: :a: :i: :9: :2: :1: :infected:

Edited by Akamai921

IYAAYAS Coin 1

I wish I could watch Anime more often. My friends are all big fans but they all have unlimited internet so can watch as much as they please. I'm stuck with a tiny 40GB a month, which I share with the rest of my family, and as I spend a lot of time on a certain evil video hosting site that I forgot we still can't reference, I use up my daily allowance fast. That said, I'm watching Soul Eater now, just to get into the Halloween spirit.

Edited by The Wretched Automaton

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

My DVDs? All Purpose Cutural Catgirl Nuku-NukuArmored Troopers VOTOMS Stage 1 Volume 1Armored Troopers VOTOMS Stage 2Nuku-Nuku TV (Vol. 1-4)Aquarion liteboxBig O (Anime Legends)Code Geass (Season 1, pt. 1 is LE)Dai-Guard Perfect CollectionDisgaea Vol. 1Evangelion 1.11Evangelion 2.22Giant Robo Perfect CollectionGo Nagai's MazinkaiserGurren Lagann (Anime Legends)Hare + Guu Vol. 1 (Limited Edition, 2851 /5000)Inuyasha Vol. 1King of Braves GaoGaiGar Season 1 and 2 liteboxesMartian Successor NadesicoMartian Successor Nadesico The MovieMobile Suit Gundam: Char's CounterattackNeon Genesis Evangelion vol. 1 and 2Neon Genesis Evangelion Director's Cut: Genesis RebornNeon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Collection (Holiday Edition)RahXephon Perfect Collection (STACKpak)Samurai X (OVA boxset)Samurai X The MovieSonic The MovieYu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 8Yu-Gi-Oh! Vol. 16Yu-Gi-Oh! Season Zero Movie (Knockoff)Yu-Gi-Oh! The MovieYu Yu Hakusho (Season 1-4, S2 signed by Juri's VA)

hElbrZ6.gif

Saw yesterday's premiere episode of Guilty Crown on the Funimation Simulcast, It was totally awesome. Definitely seeing this through 'till the end.

Yeah... I was considering watching it... What's the plot like?

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

The GC synopsis from Wikipedia:"Guilty Crown's setting begins in 2029 when an unidentified "Apocalypse Virus" spreads and plunges Japan into a state of emergency in an chaos known as the "Lost Christmas". An international organization known as the GHQ intervenes with martial law and restores order to Japan at the cost of its independence.Ten years later in 2039, Shu Ouma, a 17-year-old high school student who keeps to himself in school, meets Inori Yuzuriha, the lead singer for Egoist, while visiting one of his favourite places on his way home from school. Shu is a big fan of Inori, a singer who has taken the Internet world by storm. However, he also discovers the other side of her, which is that she is a member of "Undertaker", a resistance group that aims to liberate Japan from the GHQ. Shu starts taking a part in the actions of "Undertaker" and the "king's mark" appears on his right hand. This "mark" bestows on him the power to reach inside another person's body and extract and materialize a weapon from it."

My favoritesAzumanga Daioh!Tengan Toppa Gurren LagannMakai Senki DisgaeaWhat I've watched during the downtimePorco RossoThe Cat ReturnsAnd I'm currently watching So Ra No Wo To...I should seriously watch anime more often. I've watched plenty of others, most of them just weren't are noteworthy as the ones I listed as my favorites. It's just that a lot of the stuff I find isn't very good.

Edited by Vataki “Vahi” Teridax

naw man

Everywhere I go, I find out I'm one of the few people who've watched Karas. It's not an anime for the feint of heart, or those who don't like a specific crimson-colored liquid. (It's animation, though, is ASTOUNDING. It was run 2005-2007 in Japan, but a 2 DVD set was released here in USA. The VA's are pretty good.)

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

TBH, Guilty Crown looks like Sacred Seven with a higher budget. Except the Shu is even more dislikeable than Arma.

Arma lightened up a bit after the first few episodes, and the show was on the whole more enjoyable because of the crazy rock monster baddies and wacky sunrise absurdity. I hope Guilty Crown improves, because goodness was the first episode cliche as heck. I mean seriously. He cuts off the robot's arm and the body explodes? How does that work?

Tumblr: Where facts and logic go to die.

Thought that I might as well post my collection here: Angel Beats, Digital (Though I'm getting the Blu-Ray version soon)Birdy the Mighty: Decode, Part 1 & 2, DVDEvangelion 1.11: You Are (not) Alone, DVDEvangelion 2.22: You Can (not) Advance, DVDFinal Fantasy Unlimited: Complete Collection, DVD (Probably the worst anime ever, IMO)Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu, Complete, Original Jap. DVDIron Man, Digital (First Half)Neon Genesis Evangelion, DigitalStrike Witches, Digital