Blue Creep From The Deep Blue

Fsnorglepuff

As you may have presumed, I now present Takadox. Yes, there are some painted parts, and some modified ones as well (just trimmed). I always interpreted him as being very thin and skeletal ... By the way, all the little pictures link to their larger counterparts; gallery when public.

k.jpg

img_6545.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6614.jpg_thumb.jpg

img_6566.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6567.jpg_thumb.jpg f.jpg img_6568.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6569.jpg_thumb.jpg

The system parts on the hands are not attached as I usually do (cutting, gluing, etc) because the parts are rare, and I found a claw attatchment gives an exo-skeletal/armored look to the hand. But maybe I should make the alterations ...

img_6585.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6594.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6603.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6640.jpg_thumb.jpg

Here is where you go to see more of Matoro and the Ignika

img_6571.jpg_thumb.jpg img_6578-1.jpg img_6573.jpg_thumb.jpg

So, please share your comments, questions, and constructive criticism ...

a_peace.png

Edited by Fsnorglepuff

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

On the whole, I like this. Your photography has improved since the dark pictures of your Matoro.I'm against painted and modified parts, as a general rule. I feel that it cheats the system out of the unique combination of creativity and sculpture that makes it challenging and unique. That being said, I'm not really against it here as much because it's not too glaringly obvious - the parts that are modified aren't easily picked out of the bunch. I'd prefer it if you'd built this without the modifications, but c'est la vie.Anent things you can improve now, I can't offer up much, other than that I'm afraid you may have taken the spindliness a little too far on the torso. The lower torso is just way too thin. If you'd bulked it out to, say, limb thickness, it would improve the overall look. (Just don't overdo it and make it look like he has a gut or something. That would be bad. :P)

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

First off: great MOC, even if it does use painted/cut parts. The darker colours used in the MOC really give takadox a sinister look.I really like the consistency between the upper arms and legs as well as the lower arms and legs. The triple jointed legs are also well done and don't look too cluttered. My only problem with the arms and legs is that the upper parts are skinnier than the lower parts. Very minor issue.The lower torso has good similarities to Takadox, but I think the mid torso may be a bit too thin, as well as a bit flat, and doesn't flow too well with the (relatively) bulky upper torso. I really like the upper torso, though, especially how the armour has trans pieces in three locations, which adds a nice touch.The hands and feet are good, but I think the feet could use a bit more blue to stay consistent with the hands. The feet also look a bit too blocky, especially at the top.The head is good, but looks a bit too high, I don't know if this is the angle or not. Or maybe the neck is just long and skinny (that may be what you were going for.)All in all a solid MOC which looks pretty good overall. It would be even cooler if this could be made without cutting parts, but as an MOCer myself I know that to obtain certain shapes you can't use standard pieces all the time...

black_-_the_host.png

Wow. Very slim, still has that insectoid look, and I love that hands. I never thought of using that armor piece as a chest piece before, and the trans orange parts on it make a great color scheme.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

@ Sumiki: yeah, I definitely made sure the pictures were bright and big. And I see what you mean - I know exactly what pieces to use for bulking up the waist a bit.@ Renegade Phantom: very good point - and I know how to make the feet bluer. I'll spraypaint the perpendicular two-hole connector. Same size and nearly the same exterior location as on the hands. Great advice! Thanks to everyone else, keep it coming!a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

First I will say this is a very good MOC overall.The build is very suiting of him.The dark colors really do give him a nice look,even if you had to paint some parts to get it.My only complaint personally is that I'd perfer to see custom work on the upper arms.The parts your using now seem I a bit out of place to me,custom work,done right would lend a very nice flow to the moc.(Keep in mind though,that complaint is mostly a stylistic thing.I perfer for a MOC to have such a flow,that you barely notice the parts that make the model,thus making the MOC it's self seem more like a more solid model.)Overall this is a truly good work and I hope to see more from you. :biggrin:

@PooZy: the original set did allow for a mantis-like positioning of the twin daggers, yet they were in reality (story line reality) separate from his being. I tried to represent this by giving him some hands that could fold back to be mantis-like, but still hold the weapons. Yet it would be neat for him to be able to hold them at such an angle as he had in the original set ...@TOA PIRAKA HAKANN 2.0: true, by modifying parts the challenge of "the build" diminishes somewhat. Yet I have found the modification processes, varied as they are, to be themselves quite challenging. For example, it is necessary to sometimes alter parts symmetrically, polish them to look cohesive, or have a flawless paint job. In fact, I avoid modifications if at all possible because perfect modifications are so very difficult. In Takadox the modifications may seem lazy, as if there may have been alternatives. Yet in other MOCs yet to be presented, I find that the modifications only enhance what would have been good regardless of modification. @Zatano: True, I prefer my armor to be more custom than Metru plates. Yet to maintain the gaunt look and flow of the limbs, it was necessary to use such generic pieces. Alas, custom armoring would require an entirely new par of sculpted plates. I would be able to do it, now that I think of it, just by making one and molding it. Then I could replicate as many as I would need, Wow, thanks for the advice - that is definitely a project for the future ...a_peace.png

Toa Gali Nuva

So cool! To me you have really captured an arthropod in a bipedal form. I like the jointed-looking midsection, along with his awesome arms and hands with fingers that can hold things. Exciting. His feet are also great, and the colors contrast beautifully. What orange pieces did you use to fill in the smaller holes on the chest plate? Anyway. Super cool job you did here.

Look at me still talking when there's science to do!

Great MOC. I wish this was a real set, albeit with parts that didn't have to be cut or painted. THIS is how Takadox would have looked Pre-Pit. Skeletal and oozing with creepyness... Kind of like Slenderman... Also, kicking myself for not realizing the genius hand design could have been done years ago. Kudos, man.

Credit to Moist! from the Spectral Avohkii Enterprises for the super sig!

confusingbanner3.gif

^The Chronicles of Chandu: ElementElites, Ivu, Equinox. An epic written by cylex7^

"I applaud your valiant ways in the face of futility." - Makuta Kazyx, CoC

Chapter 6 of CoC ElementElites is up!!! Please review!

I like how you managed to reasonably bulk up him while still leaving him skeletal. I like the hands, much better than gluing.The secondary chest lights are still cut and cheating in my book, but still look way cool. Did the ball joint on the neck really have to be removed? The cut stopped axle was probably vital, but still, it's cut. The cut pelvis at least looks better than the extra bit sticking out. 9/10, point removed for cutting and painting. At least when you do it, it doesn't look like ugly butchery like when I see some people try to cut the Ignika off of Vezon's face.

Edited by Chaos Dralcax

aouROFb.png

Thanks all!@Chaos Dralcax: speaking of Vezon, he's a current project of mine. And his face has been a project for over a year now - so unhappy was I with the crude look of sculpting over the cut-off area you mentioned (which I previously had done, and soft plastic does not sand well) I made a mold, filled it with milliput and now have an entirely new face for him. I wanted slightly different jaw dimensions so it is taking far longer to refine the piece, but boy, if you all don't like modifications, I wonder how you all will feel about sculpting ... not to mention combining trans-orange and trans-blue sockets into one functioning socket.In fact, most of my upcoming MOCs feature some more ... radical modifications. a_peace.png

Toa Gali Nuva

Cool! Honestly I've come to think of him as more bulky, because of all the fan art that makes him look ... not like this. But this is way more menacing and CREEPY! Well there's not much more I can add comment-wise, but a question: why did you choose to spraypaint some pieces instead of letting them be their natural colors?