Soran's Comic Emporium

Soran

New Comic

s3_121_by_soarinskies-d9lb8nf.png

A Star is Found

Pretty much just a transitionary comic just to show that a star was indeed found in time for Christmas.

Alternate way how this comic would've worked was to have Z say "The interwebs" and then have either Soran or Axilus say that they have always found anything involving a web to be awful (referencing the spider).

I'm guessing he had just enough money left to buy that ladder.

He may not be a billionaire anymore but he's still a millionaire, he's pretty good.

I don't get the last panel.

Z's idea was to steal the city's Christmas Tree Star. I was hoping that it would be somewhat clear with the title of the comic being, "Reaching for the stars" but perhaps I should've added something in the last panel. Probably something that gave some indication to where Z was.

He's climbing a public Christmas tree to steal its star.

Of course, if he falls, he'll be seeing plenty of stars.

Bingo. Also, nice wordplay. 

He's climbing a public Christmas tree to steal its star.

Of course, if he falls, he'll be seeing plenty of stars.

He'll probably be seeing more pine needles than anything.

Most likely.

Glad you guys enjoyed the comic,

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 1
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

ya know there's a deep web probably could find a body for Soran with a very reasonable price of all the money Z has

Edited by Logan Tec
  • Upvote 1

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

New Comic

s3_122_by_soarinskies-d9lfut9.png

Merry Christmas

Quick, easy and simple Christmas Comic.

The spirit of the holidays, specifically this holiday is a time for giving. So I figured I would give you guys 2 additional comics I worked on for my Secret Santa gift receiver who was Lady Kopaka.

Secret Santa Comic

Secret Santa Backup Comic

Well I mean he is really part of the internet so he did technically get the star from the internet.

The internet city.

Technically you're right. The best kind of way to be right.

ya know there's a deep web probably could find a body for Soran with a very reasonable price of all the money Z has

I don't think any of the characters trust anything involving a web anymore.

It's broken again.

photo.jpg

How about now? I reuploaded it so hopefully it should work now. If not then here's a link to the page.

~Soran

Yes, it is working now.

Great!

Glad you guys enjoyed the comic and I wish you all a Merry Christmas,

~Soran

• Upvote 1
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

On the twelfth day of Christmas, Mata Nui sent me:

12 Tarakava

11 Nui-Jaga

10 Rogue Toa

9 Rahi-Nui

8 Cable Crawlers

7 Tahtorak

6 Vahki

5 Gold Good Guys

4 Shore Turtles

3 Kavinka

2 Kinloka

And 1 Makuta in his lair

• Upvote 1

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

New Comic

s3_123_by_soarinskies-d9ljwyf.png

Present Partners

It's best to plan ahead when you know you're on the naughty list.

The Fikou is certainly taking a while to eat its dinner. Maybe it's Italian, I heard that people in Italy spend all afternoon eating supper. 

Can confirm, we take forever to eat.

It's broken.

(I'm joking this time)

pls dont joke no jokes allowed

Seriously though, it's annoying when it just doesn't want to load.

I wonder if one of those presents is a new body for Soran.

Probably one from Ikea that he has to build himself given the size of the boxes.

I will neither confirm nor deny this proposal. You'll just have to wait and see.

On the twelfth day of Christmas, Mata Nui sent me:
12 Tarakava
11 Nui-Jaga
10 Rogue Toa
9 Rahi-Nui
8 Cable Crawlers
7 Tahtorak
6 Vahki
5 Gold Good Guys
4 Shore Turtles
3 Kavinka
2 Kinloka
And 1 Makuta in his lair

I would sing thing if I knew how the song went.

~Soran

• Upvote 2

New Comic

s3_124_by_soarinskies-d9lpbml.png

A Present for Nobody

At least the other characters are thinking about Soran's situation. It's also a wonder how some of these characters got on the good list.

I wonder if coal actually exists in the Matoran universe?

Coal comes from the decomposition of plants and animals for millions of years with layers of rock and sediment resting upon it as well as a sense of extreme pressure. In order to figure it out we have to ask if Rahi are transported to the Red Star. If so then the answer is most likely no, coal would not exist. If they don't get transported then the next question is whether they have enough organic material inside them to even be able to encompass coal. If so then it's just a matter of the time needed to make the coal as well as weathering. In this specific scenario it would seem that there is a possibility but it's still unlikely.

Heheh. Maybe this is how corrupt industries work. The boss being cruel to everyone under him, then receiving coal for Christmas which endlessly fuels his factories and stuff.

What an enterprising idea.

What are they gonna cook?

Food.

so Z is just that bad of a person. So if Z gets coal does Leraku ask for Grills every year. is there a shed of old grills

I'm inclined to say yes. Z has lots of interest in hot grils

What are they gonna cook?

Fishy bacon.

That would be impressive, fish that tasted like bacon.

~Soran

• Upvote 1

New Comic

s3_125_by_soarinskies-d9lsiht.png

Late Present

This comic is a reference to the "Ghost with Christmas Present" comic in my series for those who don't get it.

Heheh. Leave it to Mal to be the morbidly good friend.

Pretty much.

You know what I just realized? Aside from that matoran who appears in the Judge Judy story arc, every other character in the story is male.

I've got another girl in the comic, "Blind Setup" where she asks Soran for an autograph. The only other one I can think of off the top of my head and without personally checking each individual comic. 

There's actually a good reason for the lack of girls in my series. If you notice, I've really only got 6 characters that are my own in my comics. Those characters being; Soran, Akino, Swimmy 2.0, Genie, the spider and XxGunslinger36xX. Practically every other character in my comics is either a reference to someone else's character or another person's character they have allowed me to use.

Most people in the background that I use are cameos of other comic makers. So everyone in the background of the Judge Judy scenes are cameos with the exception of the girl. Most people who either make comics or are fans of my series happen to be male (or have a male OC) and thus I'm given mainly a male cast of characters.

Will I have a female character in my comics? Most likely yes, but I cannot introduce her character yet. I like to introduce characters fluidly which is why Oko has yet to officially be introduced into the cast despite being a part of the series for well over 100 comics (sorry Onaku). So her story arc is much later, in fact it's most likely… 5 story arcs away if I remember correctly or approximately between 50-150 comics away.

Actually this was brought up a few months ago by my cousin who mentioned the same thing, which was the lack of any female characters in the series. I asked her to come up with an idea for a new character without it being similar to any of the other characters. It took her a while but she came up with a great idea for a character.

Actually to be honest I can easily introduce her character if need be at any point in time. It certainly wouldn't be hard so if that's something that people want to happen then I can do that soon but otherwise it'll be about 3-4 months away. Also I refuse to introduce her character before Oko, as that would simply be rude.

Other things I have thought about in regards to the lack of any girls in the comics. I noticed recently that -Windrider- is actually a girl so I've considered changing Wind's sprite to a girl and just having the other characters realize that Wind is actually female. That would make the ~Windspice~ comic rather awkward however. On the other hand it's also a quick change that wouldn't really change Wind's character in any way. In doing so I would bump the girl count to two.

But at the same time though, the genders of the characters honestly don't really matter. Heck, Akino could be a girl for all I care. In the end it isn't really too crucial since they aren't hitting on anyone or in any types of romantic settings. All they really do is just talk and react to absurd situations.

But yeah, you're absolutely right. Severe lack of any girls in the comic. Maybe I should give one of the characters a fan club or something. That would increase the girl count tremendously. Like Axilus saved a puppy or a Pokemon or something and suddenly gets a fan club. The attention gets to his head and then another character gets a fan club as well. Then it's a battle of the fan clubs. That might be entertaining.

Mal left him out of the freezer for too long.

Cryogenics gone wrong.

That would be impressive, fish that tasted like bacon.

I was implying bacon that tasted like fish, but your idea sounds much better.

I agree.

Will we get a comic explaining what Mal did wrong during the kidnapping?

Yes, I have an idea in mind.

Will we get a comic explaining what Mal did wrong during the kidnapping?

Mal left him out of the freezer for too long.

Do it soran.

Most likely not that specific scenario but I definitely will.

Well, at least he tried to help Soran.

BtZVEMdIgAAslEB.png

A professional like me would put air holes and some type of feeding tube.

Believe me, I've packed plenty of puppies.

On one hand I'm wondering why your character has done this, on the other hand I'm not sure I want to know or surprised.

Glad you guys enjoyed the comics,

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 1

I thought Windrider was male for a long time (I vaguely remember someone being called Ryan and I thought that was Wind's real name.) The fan club idea sounds great, you should do that when there's a good opportunity to introduce it.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

But yeah, you're absolutely right. Severe lack of any girls in the comic. Maybe I should give one of the characters a fan club or something. That would increase the girl count tremendously. Like Axilus saved a puppy or a Pokemon or something and suddenly gets a fan club. The attention gets to his head and then another character gets a fan club as well. Then it's a battle of the fan clubs. That might be entertaining.

Now I want to see that.

• Upvote 1

I thought Windrider was male for a long time (I vaguely remember someone being called Ryan and I thought that was Wind's real name.) The fan club idea sounds great, you should do that when there's a good opportunity to introduce it.

You are indeed correct to an extent. Windrider was until over a year ago male, and known as Ryan. She is now female and known as Elisabeth.

Edited by Strange Festive Luroka

bBhcfWO.png

New Comic

s3_126_by_soarinskies-d9ly4it.png

Mal's Gift

It's a real wonder how Z is always on the naughty list.

Woah hold up a moment.

That's a nice hat.

The spirit of Gavla's sophisticated appearance lives on. 

Indeed.

Who is late,though?
I shall never know...

That would be Ghost Soran, or as the character Gavla assumes, "The Ghost of Christmas Present".

Who is late,though?
I shall never know...

Ghost Soran.

Bingo.

I probably might roll with the idea at some point.

Now I want to see that.

It seems to be in demand.

You are indeed correct to an extent. Windrider was until over a year ago male, and known as Ryan. She is now female and known as Elisabeth.

Makes sense.

Also I refuse to introduce her character before Oko, as that would simply be rude.

Shhhh, no no, it's ok, you can introduce her before Oko, I can wait.

I refuse.

~Soran

• Upvote 1

New Comic

s3_127_by_soarinskies-d9m29l0.png

Lazy Gifts

It's impressive the things that people do to benefit their own laziness.

Well, stealing that star probably didn't help much.

Well, technically he bought it. Probably trying to kill his friend for being a zombie didn't help.

Plot twist: The present is a doll-house for the Fikou. It moves out of the basement and takes its prisoners with it.

Plot twist: The doll-house is actually an Olmak.

Who knows what's in that box and whether it's a trap is more like it. :P

Probably.

~Soran

Edited by Soran