Soran's Comic Emporium

Soran

New Comic

s3_153_by_soarinskies-dafpq4g.png

Steel Oneself for the Worst

Iron Matoran.

Plot twist: the new body looks exactly like Akino.

Plot twist: The new body breaks immediately after flying through the desert to escape the hostile local gangs.

The suspense of not knowing what it actually looks like tho.

(breathing intensifies)

The suspense was accurate.

Plot twist: It's actually... precisely the same as before. Nothing has changed. The status quo is restored at the expense of an updated main character aesthetic.

Plot twist: He immediately fires his lasers from his hands destroying the Ghost Busters.

Glad you guys enjoyed the comic,

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

New Comic

s3_154_by_soarinskies-dafuvih.png

Sick Bust

And thus is the conclusion to the Ghost Buster/Soran's New Body Arc. Concluding with a glorious pun.

Plot twist: the new body has a green arm for some inexplicable reason.

If not an arm then hopefully it'll at least have a green thumb.

Time for a recolor, old chap? Some green and blue does wonders!! :P

Green with envy and blue with sadness. Seems to evoke the qualities of Soran quite well.

Quick, someone find the paint...

You're incredibly accurate.

I can hook you up with some armour paint if you want.

Oh, I know that you can.

Actual matoran of iron Soran. Interesting plot development. 

He is a robot, he's going to be made of metal whether he likes it or not.

Seems things just keep getting crazier the more I read XD

That's the plan!

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

New Comic

s3_155_by_soarinskies-dafzim2.png

Mixing Up Paint

The irony of the last panel's background. 

At long last, Soran is (kinda) reunited with his body, and safe from those spooky Ghostbusters

Doesn't change the fact that he's still dead, though

RIP

Well it's not like he wasn't from the beginning of the season.

So does this mean Soran can never become a Toa?

Correct. He cannot naturally morph into a Toa. He could possess a Toa's body but he cannot become one himself.

oh dont mind the Giant box behind us we're just installing lockers

I could see that excuse working.

"Out of body experience" surprised the ghostbusters weren't triggered by that one.

I kinda like this color actually. Could do with a second color though. But I'm betting he's gonna use his old colors again.

It is a nice color but I'd rather the traditional. 

Your scanner is busted?  More like your sense of suspicion is busted...

At long last, Soran is (kinda) reunited with his body, and safe from those spooky Ghostbusters

Spooky scary Ghostbusters

(I'm sorry I have no dignity)

They assume it's busted. All their readings pointed to Soran who they assumed was sick, which would mean logically that it must be busted.

It's fine, I lost mine a while ago.

~Soran

Correct. He cannot naturally morph into a Toa. He could possess a Toa's body but he cannot become one himself.

I mean, they could reconstruct his body as a toa and give that body artificial powers to emulate a toa, but I guess that wouldn't be the same...

Anyway, how dare you assume Oko can paint? I mean, he can, quite well in fact, but still!

You know, since he IS a robot now, he could do all sorts of crazy things with his limbs.  Like stuffing swords into them.  Then put on a trenchcoat and some sunglasses, go walking around the dark alleys of Metru Nui...

"Hey Soran, how do you like your robot body's paint job?"

"...I never asked for this..."

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

you see he painted it after his own Bioncile AU version of Soran, his totally original character Searing who does nothing but sick roast all day

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

New Comic

s3_156_by_soarinskies-dag3bqo.png

To-do List

Don't mess with Mal. 

Also, reference.

Black is the new orange

And Orange is the New Black.

At least he didn't paint over the eyes.

At least you can still see a bright side to the situation.

I mean, they could reconstruct his body as a toa and give that body artificial powers to emulate a toa, but I guess that wouldn't be the same...

Anyway, how dare you assume Oko can paint? I mean, he can, quite well in fact, but still!

You are correct, they could reconstruct the body or give him a new body or he could even possess an actual toa or titan or whatever but it's not something that'll be convenient for anyone. He wouldn't be able to fit in the chairs.

Also, I assumed Oko would have some degree of artistic ability. Most chefs I've found do.

You know, since he IS a robot now, he could do all sorts of crazy things with his limbs.  Like stuffing swords into them.  Then put on a trenchcoat and some sunglasses, go walking around the dark alleys of Metru Nui...

I don't get the reference.

you see he painted it after his own Bioncile AU version of Soran, his totally original character Searing who does nothing but sick roast all day

I was tempted to actually roast you during this reply but I felt that would be too mean. #Sorry

At least it's something, and not a Toa body or something...

Nah, I don't think I'm going to upgrade any characters to Toa. It just doesn't run with my general theme of comics, where Matoran have as great potential to be heroes or villains as Toa.

lol, Oko done goofed

ngbbs4a2ddb201b62b.jpg

You know, it would be interesting to see Soran come out of this with at least a semblance of a new colour scheme. Like, not necessarily different colours, just a new distribution of those colours.

That'd be interesting. It's not going to happen but it'd certainly be interesting.

~Soran

Edited by Soran

The Deus Ex games, in particular, this line.

Also, does Bulik give a reaction to anything?

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Aw. I was hoping he'd keep the reversed colors, I thought those were absolutely perfect. Didn't have the blandness problem of the unpainted body, but kept the novelty aspect of it.

Yes! Haha! Soran has shown his true allegiances by striking you, Prime! You might as well give up now!

Perhaps, but he's made allies of Oko, Mal, and Bulik for me as well! We have you outnumbered.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

You know, it would be interesting to see Soran come out of this with at least a semblance of a new colour scheme. Like, not necessarily different colours, just a new distribution of those colours.

That'd be interesting. It's not going to happen but it'd certainly be interesting.

I reiterate my previous statement then: Soran's body doesn't change in any way, and the status quo is utterly maintained. And here I was actually kind of pleasantly surprised when I saw Soran in silver, thinking it was an opportunity for a slight change :/

New Comic

s3_157_by_soarinskies-dag7ye7.png

"Upgraded"

I think this is one of my more clever comics.

At least he didn't paint over the eyes.

At least you can still see a bright side to the situation.

And at least Soran can still see.

Spoke too soon.

And yet another good one! Never stop, man. You're too good!

I need to step up production on my comics :P 

Thanks.

The Deus Ex games, in particular, this line.

Also, does Bulik give a reaction to anything?

Ah, gotcha. I swear that I've made a comic with him reacting this season but he hasn't. I believe he's reacted in a comic titled, "Spit-Take!" or something similar but I'm not positive. Either way, he's pretty monotone just like Akino, which seems ironic considering he's always drinking caffeine.  

this is an abuse of bodily power

In more ways than one.

Yes! Haha! Soran has shown his true allegiances by striking you, Prime! You might as well give up now!

I pledge allegiance...

Aw. I was hoping he'd keep the reversed colors, I thought those were absolutely perfect. Didn't have the blandness problem of the unpainted body, but kept the novelty aspect of it.

Perhaps, but he's made allies of Oko, Mal, and Bulik for me as well! We have you outnumbered.

Nah, I like the standard colors. It's been a while since I've actually seen them fully opaque. I'm entertained by the impending war going on in the comments.

Hah! A glorious end to a good arc! I love that titanium pallet, think you can link me a copy of the color set?

I'll either send you it later or you can just copy and paste the comic and grab it from the non-enlarged sprite. 

I reiterate my previous statement then: Soran's body doesn't change in any way, and the status quo is utterly maintained. And here I was actually kind of pleasantly surprised when I saw Soran in silver, thinking it was an opportunity for a slight change :/

No, there definitely is a change, it just doesn't have to do with his appearance.

~Soran

• Upvote 1

New Comic

s3_158_by_soarinskies-dagbovc.png

Quite the Catch

Continuation of the last comic. I think this one is funny.

I imagine Soran's joints sounding like ratchet joints on transformer figures.

Click click.

Could be accurate, especially in this case.

I imagine Soran's joints sounding like ratchet joints on transformer figures.

Click click.

or the Knights kingdom stuff

That too.

Hmmm... you'll have to call in Oko's twin brother, Boko. As a master mechanic, he aught to be able to fix any kinks in your mechanical vessel right swiftly.

EDIT: HE LIVES!!!

O2iz7rB.png

My, what big eyebrows you have.

Wait, you asked "Axilus" to throw you the ball, but Oko was the one who said he threw it. Wat.

That aside, this was one of the more clever ones, yeah.

Soran is under the impression that his body is better than it was before he died, he never encountered any flaws with it, it never impeded his performance and thus he assumes it's better than ever. He talks about how his vision, balance, and reflexes have improved specifically. Ironically throughout the comic all 3 are shown to have gotten worse in that order. 

Vision: He mistakes Oko for being Axilus.

Balance: He's knocked down on his back by a single throw of a rubber ball despite being made of metal and highly durable.

Reflexes: He obviously misses catching the ball entirely by seconds. 

Wait, you asked "Axilus" to throw you the ball, but Oko was the one who said he threw it. Wat.

That aside, this was one of the more clever ones, yeah.

I interpreted it as him being wrong about his eyesight being better. It's actually worse.

You are correct.

~Soran