Soran's Comic Emporium

Soran

(Slightly back on topic, I wonder why Oko needs a drill in the first place...)

Obviously he's redecorating the kitchen to accommodate his status as Gourmet Chef.

Man... I bet that Hertz...

Sigh.

Shocking, isn't it?

Not really.

It's not an ample source of puns, I'll give you that, but it's working quite well for me currently.

Those were really reaching.

This post chain is quite... electrifying

I really feel like you weren't trying with that one.

~Soran

Hey, I was just going with the electron flow... 

Edited by Toa Onaku
  • Upvote 1

New Comic

s3_172_by_soarinskies-danko5c.png

Mal's Punishment

At least he's consistent.

That comic...It's not that I hate puns although at the same time I don't really like them either. I guess I'm pretty neutral on this one.

(I'm just kidding. I love how you took all those posts and threw them into the comic.)

Nice one. I tend to take some suggestions that people make or if there's long pun threads then I'll either make comics featuring them or a large pun-themed comic.

Was it worth it? Oh very much so. That was a fantastic comic.

Thanks.

I... I... I showed up in Soran's comics, I... I'M A CELEBRITY!

And then I died.  Oh well.  At least I went out with a bang...

(no no please don't shoot)

Congratulations on the celebrity status, I didn't know that being featured in my comics amounted to that. I should be more wary in the future then.

What a classic pun.

I got into the comic! :D
Even if it's just my head I got in it!
If you decide to make a character of me.
Use the same Matoran design you have with a Rahkshi head white with Mata blue as a secondary color. Also a grey fez.
(this is what my Self MOC looks like)

Also I still see Go-Carts in the future.

Great comic.

Congratulations. 

I had some issues with how I was going to present you in the comic since I never made a Rahkshi Chimoru R body. I didn't want to use another kit's body either, but then I remembered that I at least made the head in Chimoru R by request so I just used that since your character wouldn't have been able to fit anyway. 

I may use that matoran design in the future then.

I'm still unaware of what this Go-Carts reference is.

(Slightly back on topic, I wonder why Oko needs a drill in the first place...)

Obviously he's redecorating the kitchen to accommodate his status as Gourmet Chef.

Man... I bet that Hertz...

Sigh.

Shocking, isn't it?

Not really.

It's not an ample source of puns, I'll give you that, but it's working quite well for me currently.

Those were really reaching.

This post chain is quite... electrifying

I really feel like you weren't trying with that one.

~Soran

Hey, I was just going with the electron flow... 

I still have yet to make a kitchen background even though I need to make one for some jokes.

Well that's en-lightning.

That comic was very Punny. (Ba-dum-che)

And electrifying.

Indeed.

Glad you guys enjoyed the comic,

~Soran

• Upvote 2
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Must be chain lightning.

Blunt, I like it.

Glad that you approve. It would have been funny in the resulting comic if someone had yelled "I REGRET EVERYTHING" following the "I REGRET NOTHING" bit-granted, I stole that idea from Dreamworks Dragons, but it's pretty great.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

New Comic

s3_173_by_soarinskies-danqznz.png

Suffering Heartbreak

I like the set up of this one, I think it's pretty entertaining.

No one is above the law. Not even the law.

Indeed.

There is no reference I just really want to see someone drive a Go-Cart in Soran's house.

Well if I can come up with some kind of situation involving that then I may make it; I'm drawing a blank currently though.

Now that you mention it, that does sound like it has some potential.

Neat.

There is no reference I just really want to see someone drive a Go-Cart in Soran's house.

Soran Kart 64

One of the few comics where Soran would come out on top; I never lose in Mario Kart.

Soran Kart 64
Let this happen!

Maybe.

Must be chain lightning.

Blunt, I like it.

Glad that you approve. It would have been funny in the resulting comic if someone had yelled "I REGRET EVERYTHING" following the "I REGRET NOTHING" bit-granted, I stole that idea from Dreamworks Dragons, but it's pretty great.

I didn't want too much going on in that panel though that is an entertaining line nonetheless.

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

If you decide to throw everyone that recommended the go-kart thing into a comic, feel free to message me, the only thing I routinely work on is an Epic of mine called Ahkmou's Return, so if you want to throw me in you can ask me what I want my sprite to look like.

• Upvote 1

My Epic: Ahkmou's Return and My story collection: Takanuva's Travels are my stories so far, look 'em up.

So Soran, why do you sensor the character's cursing?

Because your not allowed to put curse words on BZP.

That makes sense.
Also your not allowed to mention anything political, insulting, or inapropate.

That is BZP law.

Breaking said law results in one beheading.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Hey I just thought of something, I remembered that there was a point in the comics when Bulik was having a "Conspiracy theory" that they where all in a giant mata nui robot, right. And while soran was looking for a body he tried the mata nui robot, thus soran could ,at least partially, confirm the theory.

My Epic: Ahkmou's Return and My story collection: Takanuva's Travels are my stories so far, look 'em up.

New Comic

s3_174_by_soarinskies-daosnqq.png

Skydiving Worries

Where do those 1 in 5 people go...?

How sure is he that he actually has a heart though.

Well he has the light, so he probably has one somewhere.

Nice comic. :)
If you do anything Go-Cart related can I drive?

Sure. Probably won't do anything Go-Cart related though. I'm trying to stick with the story arcs I have planned so I can finish the series.

If you decide to throw everyone that recommended the go-kart thing into a comic, feel free to message me, the only thing I routinely work on is an Epic of mine called Ahkmou's Return, so if you want to throw me in you can ask me what I want my sprite to look like.

Got'cha.

Yeah, like what about that coffee of yours, Bulik, how much suffering went into that luxury, huh?  HUH?

I heard it didn't heat up immediately.

Maybe his cup is "half-empty" all the time because he realizes how much suffering went into making it

(At the coffee maker that is, with all that waiting ;) )

Probably.

I censor the cursing because of two main things.

1. Cursing isn't allowed on the site.
  2. It makes it more broadly appealing.

If I were to have the characters curse then it leaves things plainly. It makes things less broadly appealing. Here's an example.

"What the F--"

Most children who visit the site might finish the sentence with "Freak" or something similar. Adults or those who are aware of curse words would finish it the other way. 

It also makes it entertaining, the prospect and idea that the characters are constantly on the verge of breaking the rules but are stopped by the 4th Wall or a Moderator in the comic.

Correct.

That makes sense.

Indeed it does.

That makes sense.
Also your not allowed to mention anything political, insulting, or inapropate.
That is BZP law.

Breaking said law results in one beheading.

I think I'm overdue on some beheadings, especially with some of the comics I've made in the past that have verged on breaking the rules. 

That first part makes sense.

Lol to that second half though.

Indeed.

He's not joking, I lost a friend that way. When in doubt, refer to headless Joe.

That's what happened? I heard he lost his mind.

Watch Soran's next comic be me on a Go-Cart shouting out "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!"

Not at this point, I've still got like 30 premade scripts I can illustrate. Most of the recent comics you've seen aside from those pun related comics are all scripts I wrote in the beginning of this year.

Hey I just thought of something, I remembered that there was a point in the comics when Bulik was having a "Conspiracy theory" that they where all in a giant mata nui robot, right. And while soran was looking for a body he tried the mata nui robot, thus soran could ,at least partially, confirm the theory.

Correct, Bulik was right. I don't think I'll have any of the characters acknowledge that he was correct though, it was mainly just a one-off joke.

~Soran

Edited by Soran

• 2 months later...

New Comic

s3_ending_part_1_by_soarinskies-dayeq4y.

"The Greatest Story the World Will Never See!"

AKA: The ending of my series, part 1.

As you can tell in this particular comic, there actually was a story going on from the very beginning. Almost each story arc, no matter how random it was, actually led to this eventual conclusion: Soran becoming sentient. They all revolved around the idea of how illogical the world around him was, it was as if he was part of some kind of wacky story. With so many loose ends, he eventually was going to tie it all together in his quest for world domination.

But throughout his journey he makes the realization that there isn't any fun in playing a game where you know the outcome, so he embarks upon a new "world" to conquer: BZPower. 

I actually was tempted to have him pop out of the blog section and put a little secret Soran sprite in my blog, though it wouldn't work with the story.

I like Axilus' personality. It makes me feel sorry for him.

Good, he's supposed to be relatable. I try to make him essentially the "Everyman" character. 

Like the Doctor who quote.
Nice touch.

Never seen Doctor Who, though that's pretty neat.

Glad you guys enjoyed the last comic and I Hope you enjoy this one,

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 2