Soran's Comic Emporium

Soran

Woo! :P

I was thinking something more like this:

the_who.png

But it is your comic. So comic away, my good man.

Stuff like your example I could easily input into comics. Also, I'm highly entertained by all the many logantos in the picture.

All two of them lol.

Interesting to see people still read the newspaper, I suppose. Now I kinda want to read the other ads.

*three

The third one is actually the one I worked the most on. He had a reflection on the bus wall, and was custom posed. Reading a newspaper.

Too bad I covered him up.

The thing was that I was ALL the extras. Confusing Soran, and putting more than one of me in a comic.

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

Loganto just ends up being a community staple. Everywhere, doing every job, manning all public transit, so on and so forth. So much so that it makes the rest of us staggers in confusion until we just accept that THEY have won

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Make this a story arc.

• Upvote 1

New comic!

prepare_to_die_by_soarinskies-d8neirl.pn

Prepare to die

It's been a little while, sorry about that. Been busy with things. Anyway, I hope this comic flows well. I wasn't quite sure on this one, I had to condense it quite a bit. I have also given Leraku a new weapon in his arsenal. It's Leraku's "Lucky" Boomerang. 

Also as a side note: I'm particularly proud of that bathroom background. I think it's one of the better backgrounds I've made.

@ Axilus: It definitely would've been a good idea.

I actually had a comic in mind that featured your character but I ended up scrapping it, it went like this.. Z asks your character to repay him with helping him kill the zombie. Your character asks who the zombie is and he replies "Soran". You then end up stabbing him in the head for even suggesting that. The only reason I scrapped it was because I feel that this story arc is way too long and I wanted to get it over with.

@ Malignus: The other ads were something to the effect of "asdfasdfasdf" or "The cow jumped over the moon". Just random letters arranged and cut off so that the ad wouldn't look like the only ad on the paper.

@ Loganto: I could see my character getting confused at all the many Logantos running around.

@ Zyglak: I was planning on having his character cameo throughout the series. Him getting fired from multiple jobs and getting a new one could be an interesting running joke. I could even potentially make a story arc about it if it were okay with Loganto.

@ Arctic: I would need his permission first since he isn't an actual pgs. I'd have to also come up with a list of jobs he would do. 

Glad you guys have enjoyed the comics and I hope you enjoy the next one,

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 2
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

New comic!

zombie_acceptance_by_soarinskies-d8njlg1

Zombie Acceptance

Finally almost done with this story arc. I'll admit, I've gotten tired of making comics for this particular one but I don't want to leave a story arc until it's done. This one went on way too long in my opinion. There's only one more comic left after this one, then I can move onto another I'm more excited for.

Dang thats a great arm to get the perfect angle. did the boomerang get back to him?

Probably not. It's a pretty long hallway back to him. Who knows though, it's a lucky boomerang.

Hope you guys enjoy the next comic,

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Hey, Soran and Loganto, I like reading your comics, they're pretty entertaining and make me chuckle. Since I read Dark709's comics, I've always wanted to try and make a comic series, but my biggest problem is that I just simply don't know where to start. Could you please give some tips on how to begin making a sprite comic series? I would appreciate your help. :)

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Hey, Soran and Loganto, I like reading your comics, they're pretty entertaining and make me chuckle. Since I read Dark709's comics, I've always wanted to try and make a comic series, but my biggest problem is that I just simply don't know where to start. Could you please give some tips on how to begin making a sprite comic series? I would appreciate your help. :)

Well Im no Loganto or Soran (my name is logan does that count XD :P) I have tried my hand at these 3 times now and the only thing I remotly want to continue is the one that I actualy thought out some kind of story. First step find a kit u like or make your own then you must find something to go off of. Dont run in blind thats what i've done and i regret it. Thirdly just have fun. if you dont have fun with it your not going to even want to continue. Step zero YOU MUST LEARN GIMP it will save alot of time in the long run. Im no comic expert but at least i can spread some knowlage that i've learned though my own mistakes. May you make new mistakes to teach others.

-Tec :smiletol:

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

New Comic!

enter_noob_by_soarinskies-d8nohyk.png

Enter Noob

In this comic I introduce the new character XxGunslinger36xX, or Noob as everyone else calls him. This comic also marks the end of this story arc as well as the end of Season 2 of my comics. The next comic will start up the new season with some story arcs I'm excited to make.

"Not on purpose anyway". Yeah, that's about right.

Next comic I "accidentally" nuke the entire region from orbit.

Shh, no spoilers...

Comic flowed fine, Soran. It was pretty funny, especially how Leraku doesn't even need to get off the toilet to stop Zyglak.

Your idea for the stabbing comic is nice too, but I see why you scrapped it.

I wonder what he means in the last panel though...

Glad it flowed fine. He means he's going to accidentally nuke the entire region from orbit I don't know.

I would totally allow what you just said. (Too lazy to quote)

Alright, I might make a story arc about that later then.

Sure, I'd love to help. I've sent a message.

Well Im no Loganto or Soran (my name is logan does that count XD :P) I have tried my hand at these 3 times now and the only thing I remotly want to continue is the one that I actualy thought out some kind of story. First step find a kit u like or make your own then you must find something to go off of. Dont run in blind thats what i've done and i regret it. Thirdly just have fun. if you dont have fun with it your not going to even want to continue. Step zero YOU MUST LEARN GIMP it will save alot of time in the long run. Im no comic expert but at least i can spread some knowlage that i've learned though my own mistakes. May you make new mistakes to teach others.

-Tec :smiletol:

I agree with everything stated here.

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 2

I've glanced back here after a couple of months, and I have to admit I've been thoroughly entertained by everything going on here, especially the dedication to his job Leraku's got going for him. Loved the boomerang, and the hilariously casual 'blocking a gatling cannon with a dagger' shenanigans. Great job as usual, Soran. I really ought to get back into making comics at some point. Keep up the good work!

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

So, big update, I'll give you guys a hint.

season_3_header_by_soarinskies-d8jki9g.p

Welcome guys to Season III of my comics. With Season 3 comes a condensed list of characters as well as hopefully, funnier comics and way more ideas.

So onto the new stuff...

Character Sheet

Character Introductions?

Also, I've decided that since I'm back in the swing of things, I've also decided to add the option to guest star. I have a list of up to 5, it's first come first serve. All Guest Star Applications must be sent via pm.

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 3

Welcome back, Soran! It's been too long since this board has been graced with your work! This looks like a good start!

"You humans are absurd, Rook. Furious when you're not in control, terrified when you are. Pull it together."

WHOA a twoshader. Didn't see that coming. That being said, in his first appearance he got closer to killing Soran than Zyglak ever did!

Interesting character sheets. I see you brought an all-new one in. I wonder how he'll turn out. The mismatched character cards and the characters' reactions were funny. I certainly was not expecting Soran to set Akino on fire. :P

Maybe Wind can help with that Fourth Wall issue...

Pk57sNJ.jpg

New Comic!

s3_01_by_soarinskies-d8o2mer.png

Always Prepared

I think my favorite part of this comic is how Soran jumps out with the karate stereotype pose, the "I don't know what I'm actually doing) fighting pose. I like creating subtle things about the characters involving their personalities/abilities.

Welcome back, Soran! It's been too long since this board has been graced with your work! This looks like a good start!

Thank ya' very much.

WHOA a twoshader. Didn't see that coming. That being said, in his first appearance he got closer to killing Soran than Zyglak ever did!

Interesting character sheets. I see you brought an all-new one in. I wonder how he'll turn out. The mismatched character cards and the characters' reactions were funny. I certainly was not expecting Soran to set Akino on fire. :P

Maybe Wind can help with that Fourth Wall issue...

I was going to use the multi-colored version of the character, but it was hurting my eyes. I always wanted a "bad guy" to accidentally win.

I've updated the character sheets with either new information I have received about people's specific characters, or just what each character has transformed into throughout the series. Nobody expects the Ta-Koro Inquisition-- Always expect the unexpected.

There certainly will be some benefits with having that power.

Glad you guys like the comics,

~Soran

New Comic

s3_02_by_soarinskies-d8o6uhh.png

Hopefully BBQ

Hopefully he was cooking BBQ and not something like toast. Pretty classic joke with this comic.

Good guy Mal, always helping to make sure his friends actually are prepared...

Pretty funny. I think he'd get better results asking Leraku to train him though.

GG Mal. That gave me an idea for a story arc.

Funny story, I'm currently taking aikido for college credit this semester (1 credit hour though)

Looks like you're already prepared.

Glad you guys like the comics,

~Soran

Heh. That must have triggered the smoke alarm...and the neighbors' smoke alarms...and possibly mobilized the fire department.

A story arc about Soran being trained to fight by Leraku? This I would love to see.

A little late to be cooking BBQ, no?

Eh, I eat anything at any time. Sometimes I cook burgers at 9 PM.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

New Comic

s3_03_by_soarinskies-d8ocfli.png

Helpful Spiders

I had moved recently from a spider infested home to a home that encountered zero spiders. I was pretty excited. But when that first spider appeared, which was recent, this was my immediate thought.

Whose to say it was BBQ? He could've been cooking toast for all we know. But honestly, it's never too late for BBQ.

Heh. That must have triggered the smoke alarm...and the neighbors' smoke alarms...and possibly mobilized the fire department.

A story arc about Soran being trained to fight by Leraku? This I would love to see.

Eh, I eat anything at any time. Sometimes I cook burgers at 9 PM.

I was considering putting a firetruck siren sound effect in the last panel, but I decided against it.

Should be an interesting story arc. I might involve a few people in it.

Glad you guys enjoy the comics,

~Soran

Edited by Soran

New Comic

s3_04_by_soarinskies-d8ogaky.png

Missing Characters

While I was making yesterday's comic, I came up with this idea for why the other characters were missing.

Good gosh! Miss 4 days, and 3 more comics pop up!

Great job!

Thanks. Since the comic are much shorter it's easier to make them quickly or prepare some in advance.

Like Mal said, geting rid of pests.
:P

Exactly.

He ded, liek so ded.

moose liekly ded

LOL. In reality I have no problem with spiders...but considering what happened, maybe the comic me is wiser in this case.

In this case he is probably right.

~Soran

New Comic!

s3_05_by_soarinskies-d8om6gg.png

Akino's Pet Fish

Akino makes a great fish owner. I'm excited to finally be able to release this story arc. I've been excited to start this one since it links up with so many future story arcs. 

Heh. That does seem to be the most likely explanation for where they went...I half expected someone to go Hordika, but I realize how much trouble it would be to sprite that.

I actually was considering adding something like that. I was originally going to add Rahaga Norik in one of the webs but scrapped the idea.

I'm not helping them, it would go against my own ideals of what is good and bad. I just couldn't possibly steal food from giant spiders, that would be wrooooong

Absolutely, I mean how would you like it if some random guy stole your food from you. 

Eh, Neo was kind of a jerk. At least Nico is ok.

Presumably okay. I couldn't fit all the characters in there.

Glad you guys enjoyed the comic, here's another one!

~Soran

New Comic!

swimmy_adventure__by_soarinskies-d8ovvca

Swimmy Adventure

I always thought that a fish bowl looked a little like air breathing helmets. Like those space kind. It works in reverse though.

Hehe, I'm a missing character! :D Glad to see you back to comic making, Soran! Always did love your comics. :) 

-Rez

Indeed you are. Thank you.

Here's the next comic!

~Soran

Edited by Soran

Heh. I ran into both these comics at the same time, which I suppose is lucky because they go great together. And yeah...I think I need to change my answer.

It's made even funnier by the fact that in real life I tend to try and see the best in people at first...and occasionally this does result in embarrassment when I find out they really are terrible people.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Well this looks nice. Zombie arc is over, new seaso... OH!!! I'm in?! I'm in! WHOOOOO!!

Aside from that, I just want to once again say that I'm really loving these comics of yours Soran. I'm looking forward to what ever you do with Oko.

Best of luck to you, Soran. :)

Edited by Toa Onaku

New Comic!

s3_07_by_soarinskies-d8p2as0.png

Feeding Time

I'm actually surprised by how many fish jokes I've come up with this arc. I never knew fish were so versatile. 

Heh. I ran into both these comics at the same time, which I suppose is lucky because they go great together. And yeah...I think I need to change my answer.

It's made even funnier by the fact that in real life I tend to try and see the best in people at first...and occasionally this does result in embarrassment when I find out they really are terrible people.

I like it when I accidentally make the characters accurate to real life experiences. I think it's neato.

Well this looks nice. Zombie arc is over, new seaso... OH!!! I'm in?! I'm in! WHOOOOO!!

Aside from that, I just want to once again say that I'm really loving these comics of yours Soran. I'm looking forward to what ever you do with Oko.

Best of luck to you, Soran. t :)

Yep, you're in. I've come up with some jokes for your character. Your character will be appearing soon, he makes his appearance in a specific arc. which is after this one and another one.

Well what better way is there to keep safe from breathing in those poisonous air molecules?

Absolutely. Who needs air anymore, let's chop down some more trees.

~Soran

Even better is that it's similar to a real life experience from just the day before I read the comic. There's this really annoying person in my Biology class. It got to the point where I looked at the guy who hates him more than anyone else in the class does, and said "Remember day one, when I told you to be nicer to him? I was so wrong."

I'm surprised the fish is still alive after all this. Or maybe it isn't, and Akino just thinks it is. Either way, this was funny too.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg