Soran's Comic Emporium

Soran

New Comic

s3_34_by_soarinskies-d8thhtq.png

Pls

Please.

Hey, don't send him to Australia, we have enough deadly animals and pest species. :P

Seriously though, does a Viking funeral mean he's going to be buried with all kinds of cool stuff or put on a boat and set alight? (My knowledge on history is a little rusty.)

Especially those drop bears and fire tornadoes. The 2nd one, he'll be placed onto a boat and set alight with a fire arrow.

I can turn the whole house into one big Viking funeral

Please, spare us. 

Roast goldfish, anyone?

Fish and chips.

His life long dream was to be on fire. Time to fry.

I don't recommend that, he might get all fired up.

Glad you guys like the comic,

~Soran

• Upvote 1
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

I shudder to think what kind of horrible plan Swimmy 2.0 has concocted that includes him being given a viking funeral...

So you think he's planning something fishy?

Don't trout a mobster fish.

They've got agendas.

lovewarconga2.png

New Comic

s3_35_by_soarinskies-d8tmdc2.png

Eulogy Decisions

Sometimes I worry that I make Akino too stupid.

You know with the amount of movement Akino actually does, you could just have him constantly in Chimoru gradient. :v

I could, but sometimes I have to do close ups which isn't useful with Gradient Chimoru R. Plus I can't have him be a glorious, beautiful idiot, only a regular idiot.

I love how Akino is like, just standing there with his arms at his sides and (probably) monotoniously saying "pls" like that!  :superfunny:

I always wonder how people envision the character's voices or how they speak. Always interested me. 

I shudder to think what kind of horrible plan Swimmy 2.0 has concocted that includes him being given a viking funeral...

We'll have to wait and see...

Probably trying to swim away when the ship sinks... If he survives the flames.

Most likely. It's either escape to freedom, be returned to the pet store, or driving a burning ship into the other characters.

Don't trout a mobster fish.

They've got agendas.

… Of course they do.

Glad you guys enjoyed the comic,

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

New Comic

s3_36_by_soarinskies-d8ts0f9.png

Viking Funeral Speech

Apparently I'm great at writing funeral speeches. Especially viking ones.

Just like Marvel nothing can stay dead

Exactly.

Whoa. New level of stupidity for Akino there. Maybe the whole experience traumatized him and broke his brain even more.

Sure, let's go with that.

We're positive that Akino isn't actually a goldfish himself, right?

I'm like 40% sure. Not entirely.

Wow, all that water must've rusted something.

Hopefully it wasn't his joints. I heard that's bad.

~Soran

• Upvote 2

What's the next story arc after someone burns down the boat and frees Swimmy 2.0s soul from its mortal body?

His soul takes over some Makuta armour.

That would actually make a pretty good villain.

Makuta Swimmy 2.0... that would be a scary villain, if I am to be honest.

New Comic

s3_37_by_soarinskies-d8tzolb.png

Fire Arrows

I like to play the archer whenever I can in video games, and normally I actually fair well… Unless I'm trying to use a bow and arrow in real life, in which case I'm absolutely awful. I tried to reflect this with Soran.

Also, sorry about the awkward speech bubble placement. Couldn't really get it too great.

Time to torch the little bugger.

Someone else will have to.

I assign me as the official funeral service. For I am good at these things.

Only if you bring refreshments, and if you wear a hat that looks like a gravestone.

*pops up in water* Stahp it I'm trying to drown here!

So, could we have a ridiculous viking chant by Akino or something? :P

I assume he's too emotional to say much. As emotional as he can get.

Soran: "K then Loganto, now we burn the ship down with the fish in it."   Loganto: "Sorry, I'm a pacifist."

That's most likely how it would go.

What's the next story arc after someone burns down the boat and frees Swimmy 2.0s soul from its mortal body?

It's a lot different than this one. Some people will like it especially.

Never thought about that. 

I agree it would. I have an idea for how his character would work but I could add this in.

Makuta Swimmy 2.0... that would be a scary villain, if I am to be honest.

It just sounds ridiculous, but with the power of a Makuta he could easily be 2nd in command of world domination. Not first.

Oh, come on. Scary, yes. Competent, nuh-uh.

Someone who insists on a specific funeral and bluntly fails at killing is definitely not competent.

Then again, that's just like me. :P

It could be the fact that he's pretty much isolated from everyone that he failed. Who knows what he did with the other actual fish in the pet store? Ones he could actually reach.

Well I never said he'd be Makuta (Teridax) material. But with his mob boss mindset, he would make a decent enemy if anything.

Formidable...

And it would certainly be a lot easier to do things with actual limbs and not fins.

Indeed.

And it would certainly be a lot easier to do things with actual limbs and not fins.

That too. For instance, his plan to get rid of Akino would have made much more sense.

Definitely would've if he tossed him in there. Akino jumping in himself is just him being an idiot.

~Soran

LOL. Yeah, archery is frustrating like that the first time. I know from experience. It's cool that you also gave Soran an incorrect archery pose, something from which a lot of inaccuracy tends to arise. I'm assuming that's intentional here.

In the event that it isn't intentional, the proper pose is to pull the string using your dominant hand (so unless Soran is left-handed or ambidextrous, that's wrong) and to pull it beside your eye, not towards your shoulder.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

New Comic

s3_38_by_soarinskies-d8u4b41.png

RIP Swimmy 2.0

Will we be seeing Swimmy 2.0 again? Who knows. The question is, would you guys want him to come back?

Should have gotten archery training from Faendal.

I'll keep that in mind.

No, really, it's simple!  You just line up the arrow, pull back the string and--DAGNABBIT RIGHT IN THE FOOT

Haha, I should include that in a comic later on. That's pretty funny.

Flaming arrows wouldn't work in real life, they'd just get extinguished while traveling in the air.

I believe there are instances of them being used in history. Mainly for taking out structures during seizes, not against actual people.

Unless you use

~Imagination~

I just imagine that Themoreyouknow.gif

Only if you bring refreshments, and if you wear a hat that looks like a gravestone.

~Soran

Are fish sticks okay?

No, it has to look like a gravestone.

Should have gotten archery training from Faendal.

Faendal thinks he can woo Camilla from me. She's already mine, I keep telling him.

Classic Faendal. Never learns.

LOL. Yeah, archery is frustrating like that the first time. I know from experience. It's cool that you also gave Soran an incorrect archery pose, something from which a lot of inaccuracy tends to arise. I'm assuming that's intentional here.

In the event that it isn't intentional, the proper pose is to pull the string using your dominant hand (so unless Soran is left-handed or ambidextrous, that's wrong) and to pull it beside your eye, not towards your shoulder.

What-- oh yeah. Absolutely. Totally intentional. I assume most matoran/toa/turaga are ambidextrous unless otherwise specified since most of them carry tools on both hands.

Why am I not the one doing this?

I assume your character would hit it first shot. We don't actually know who shot the arrow and lit it up. Could've been Soran, could've been your character, could've been another matoran with awful aim shooting a flaming arrow from across the island. Who knows.

Oi, I'm the best archer in Le-koro! I should be doing this.

Sorry, we weren't hungry for any pizza or donuts or whatever your new job probably is now. 

Glad you guys enjoyed the comics,

~Soran