Soran's Comic Emporium

Soran

Judge Judy should be a character in these comics.

Next member title: Literally Judge Judy.

I support this.

But Sor wants it too.

How about I slip you a couple one dollar bills and we three get Judge Names.

Judge Judy. Judge Joe Brown. The People's Court.

lovewarconga2.png

Heh. Since lawyers set their own rates this could get complicated.

Yes, this may lead to Soran not having to pay anything to lawyers.  :P I wonder how smart Loganto and Ghidora are... Like, the comic characters, I bet they are really nice people in real-life! xP

Banner2.png

Check out my comics!

New Comic

s3_57_by_soarinskies-d8ysdm2.png

Cheapest Bidder

So cheap you get paid! I'm surprised no one guessed/commented anything lower than what was in the comic.

if it was who was cheaper I did say -10 but yeah if the person u hire doesnt bake u sweets fire em and hire me instead that way I get money for all the ads I put on my browine pan. (its like youtube but they have to see it untill they finish eating)

Sorry but I've found a cheaper offer, although I am tempted to go with yours only because of the baked goods.

Aha!

I charge nothing when we win!

I also carry a bag of cookies with me...

Are they warm and moist cookies? Those are the best kind.

Could be complicated, could be simple.

Judge Judy should be a character in these comics.

Next member title: Literally Judge Judy.

I support this.

But Sor wants it too.

How about I slip you a couple one dollar bills and we three get Judge Names.

Judge Judy. Judge Joe Brown. The People's Court.

I'll add some bucks to the deal as well… But you know, let's keep it on the down-low.

Aha!

I charge nothing when we win!

I also carry a bag of cookies with me...

What about scones?

Never had one.

Ah! Scones! the pinnacle of Scone-y ness!

I.... Have some of those too! Seriously!

Scony 2015.

Yes, this may lead to Soran not having to pay anything to lawyers.  :P I wonder how smart Loganto and Ghidora are... Like, the comic characters, I bet they are really nice people in real-life! xP

Pfft, nah. I'll have the lawyers pay me instead. I'd say their characters are… I wouldn't say dumb, but they're definitely not the sharpest tools in the shed when it comes to business.

Glad you guys enjoyed the comic,

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

well i'lll just got back to my hole baking more and more... AND MORE!!!! And then Tec proceded to bake browines that he gave to all the land but then he murdered all the cakes of his rival Loganto's Cakes shop putting him out of business 

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

I sure didn't expect Loganto to pay Soran... Looks like Ghidora is a little sharper though, he didn't offer to pay anything.  :P So sorry Loganto, pls don't sue me! D:

Widgets was such an odd money.

Clearly the Great Being's greatest weakness was their lack of understanding capitalism.

Also considering many beings in the Bionicle universe had gears inside them, using widgets must have been rather... disturbing for them...

"Hey mate! Wanna buy a map?" "Sure! I'll give you a colon and a heart! B-)

Edited by MechanicMustard

Banner2.png

Check out my comics!

I sure didn't expect Loganto to pay Soran... Looks like Ghidora is a little sharper though, he didn't offer to pay anything.  :P So sorry Loganto, pls don't sue me! D:

Clearly the Great Being's greatest weakness was their lack of understanding capitalism.

Also considering many beings in the Bionicle universe had gears inside them, using widgets must have been rather... disturbing for them...

The Matoran Black Market is a scary place.

lovewarconga2.png

New Comic

s3_58_by_soarinskies-d8yxigs.png

Logant4

I noticed that with the font that I use for the comics, that the 0 and O look exactly the same. It made me think of one of those Robot/clone type jokes. Either Loganto is a robot, or he's a clone, or he's just lying. The world may never know.

Sorry pal, I could fit more jokes in with Loganto's character than yours so I went with his. Love that website though.

well i'lll just got back to my hole baking more and more... AND MORE!!!! And then Tec proceded to bake browines that he gave to all the land but then he murdered all the cakes of his rival Loganto's Cakes shop putting him out of business 

Brownies vs Cakes. I see a war coming on.

Always was weird. They're pretty gigantic too, right? How are you going to lug them around when you want to have some money on you. Clearly they weren't planning ahead.

Well. That turned out to be incredibly simple. And hilarious.

Glad it worked out fine.

That's how I work! Wanted to be better than Ghid so badly that I payed YOU for my services.

...But now I have no more cash.

Maybe I can borrow some from Axilus? (Hah, like that'll ever happen.)

I figured that at that point you just wanted to win. 

I mean, the sets had gears but I don't think they themselves had any actual gears inside them as far as the story goes. They were mainly just organic beings with some robotic metal stuff in them and armor plating or something. At least as far as I recall.

I'd say one was more dedicated to winning the rivalry vs the other to put it nicely. That definitely is an unnerving situation.

Make a law firm. That way, you get paid for having lawyers at your disposal, and you only have to give them a small percentage as pay.

Smart idea, realistically I wouldn't be able to pull that off in both real life or a comic because I had no idea how those agencies work. 

The Matoran Black Market is a scary place.

I always wanted them to expand on the Black Market deals going on in Metru-Nui. Maybe have a story centered around a matoran whose trying to have toa stop the practice of it but the toa are busy with more important things like stopping the Dark Hunters. This then prompts the matoran to act as a detective, gathering information and setting up situations for these guilty matoran to be caught by the Vahki. Could be a neat story.

Anyway, glad you guys enjoyed the comic,

~Soran

• Upvote 1
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Logant3672 is fresh off the line, and ready for acquiring a suitable job in BZNui.
Random selection in process... Searching... Searching...
Job opening found. Default occupation: Architect.
Deploying...

"Hi, I'd like to apply for a job here at Homebuilders+. Here are my papers."
"You're hired"

Yeah... That's just about how my other four million copies go...

Edited by Kohnoh Toa of the Trees

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

I always wanted a Matoran Mafia to show up in the story.

A bunch of Matoran with modded Disk Launchers.

Oo, a disk tommy gun.

Baseball bat weapons.

Selling the gears and masks of their victims on the market. Good stuff.

One of the things with widgets that always bugged me was the MNOLG. The first one's puzzle involving the.. air pump? Water pump? It needed a widget to work so you could save the Ga-Matoran. If that is also their money.. well.

Makes you wonder where that ocean widget came from. "Murder, She Wrote." Bionicle style.

Sore at some point you and I should team up to make a drama series.

lovewarconga2.png

@gav

That wasn't a widget. It was a cog.

It was knocked off the machine when the Rahi at Ga-Koro attacked.

The very definition of the actual word "widget" is the name of something such as a tool or gadget that is usually unnamed or unspecified.

So we may not even know what the actual name of the currency is. Widgets could be gold coins, small gears(as depicted in MNOG II), or even wooden sticks. The point is, widget is just a term for any currency that is unspecified. Even in the image shown in MNOG II has more than just gears. It's all items of value. Disc plates, gears, maybe even studs fit into the mix. Widget means "Something pretty" in Bionicle. Now think about that. Ripping out someone's heart and trying to trade it for a couple wooden discs wouldn't really get you far. It would honestly scare away the salesman, most likely.

But that's just a theory. A BIONICLE theory! Thanks for reading!

• Upvote 1

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

Oo, a disk tommy gun.

Baseball bat weapons.

One of the things with widgets that always bugged me was the MNOLG. The first one's puzzle involving the.. air pump? Water pump? It needed a widget to work so you could save the Ga-Matoran. If that is also their money.. well.

Makes you wonder where that ocean widget came from. "Murder, She Wrote." Bionicle style.

that explains how I can attack Loganto's cakes shop while u do your lawyer stuff

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

. Now think about that. Ripping out someone's heart and trying to trade it for a couple wooden discs wouldn't really get you far. It would honestly scare away the salesman, most likely.

Or the salesman would sell you the disk ASAP because he fears you may turn him into currency! Why do you think you never had to barter in MNOG II?  :evilbiggrin:

Banner2.png

Check out my comics!

New Comic

s3_59_by_soarinskies-d8z0ln2.png

Who'd hire him?

The rivalry continues, this time in the court room!

M.N. Noire, that sounds pretty good to me, someone must make it. 

It'd be pretty interesting, I'll agree. If I wasn't busy with other things I'd take the project on myself.

Logant3672 is fresh off the line, and ready for acquiring a suitable job in BZNui.
Random selection in process... Searching... Searching...
Job opening found. Default occupation: Architect.
Deploying...

"Hi, I'd like to apply for a job here at Homebuilders+. Here are my papers."
"You're hired"

Yeah... That's just about how my other four million copies go...

Makes sense.

Now would be a good time to invest in some backup plans. And by that I mean cut your losses and pray the fourth wall doesn't decide to do more than just break... Such as having you murdered in your sleep.

The Fourth Wall functions as the mirror the audience sees through. So really the Fourth Wall could easily interrupt anyone's privacy by appearing where they are. At least that's how I view it.

Oo, a disk tommy gun.

Baseball bat weapons.

I like the idea of a modified disk launcher. Something to do with it being smaller. Maybe by crafting the disk launchers out of actual disks, like a shrinking disk or anti-gravity. That'd be pretty interesting with having each of the launchers do something unique. Possibly have some mafia boss trying to take hold of a monopoly of them, preparing to lay siege on Metru-Nui. Perhaps he's in cahoots with the dark hunters, who knows. But there is one thing that Izak knows. In order to stop these thugs he must blend in with these thugs, and the only way to blend in with them is to become a thug himself.

There, I just expanded the storyline, someone make it.

@gav

That wasn't a widget. It was a cog.

It was knocked off the machine when the Rahi at Ga-Koro attacked.

The very definition of the actual word "widget" is the name of something such as a tool or gadget that is usually unnamed or unspecified.

So we may not even know what the actual name of the currency is. Widgets could be gold coins, small gears(as depicted in MNOG II), or even wooden sticks. The point is, widget is just a term for any currency that is unspecified. Even in the image shown in MNOG II has more than just gears. It's all items of value. Disc plates, gears, maybe even studs fit into the mix. Widget means "Something pretty" in Bionicle. Now think about that. Ripping out someone's heart and trying to trade it for a couple wooden discs wouldn't really get you far. It would honestly scare away the salesman, most likely.

But that's just a theory. A BIONICLE theory! Thanks for reading!

Kohnoh, dropping the knowledge bombs.

Oo, a disk tommy gun.

Baseball bat weapons.

that explains how I can attack Loganto's cakes shop while u do your lawyer stuff

That makes perfect sense now.

. Now think about that. Ripping out someone's heart and trying to trade it for a couple wooden discs wouldn't really get you far. It would honestly scare away the salesman, most likely.

Or the salesman would sell you the disk ASAP because he fears you may turn him into currency! Why do you think you never had to barter in MNOG II?  :evilbiggrin:

I know I wouldn't mess with a person who's trying to barter with a lung of someone.

~Soran

Oo, a disk tommy gun.

Baseball bat weapons.

I like the idea of a modified disk launcher. Something to do with it being smaller. Maybe by crafting the disk launchers out of actual disks, like a shrinking disk or anti-gravity. That'd be pretty interesting with having each of the launchers do something unique. Possibly have some mafia boss trying to take hold of a monopoly of them, preparing to lay siege on Metru-Nui. Perhaps he's in cahoots with the dark hunters, who knows. But there is one thing that Izak knows. In order to stop these thugs he must blend in with these thugs, and the only way to blend in with them is to become a thug himself.

There, I just expanded the storyline, someone make it. Glad you guys enjoyed the comic,

~Soran

Perhaps we can take this to Lucina and request a story about this with a few real dollars to donate. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Oh no.

Why didn't I listen to the nagging doubt that this was going to occur? :P

If you've read some of my other works, The Kanohi Force comedy, or one of Fishers64's games, you know how to write me.

*Sits at the edge of his seat and shoves popcorn down his throat*

New Comic

s3_60_by_soarinskies-d8zbm9p.png

Down Wind

I'll be honest I think this is the most clever title for a comic I've ever come up with. 

Oo, a disk tommy gun.

Baseball bat weapons.

There, I just expanded the storyline, someone make it. Glad you guys enjoyed the comic,

~Soran

Perhaps we can take this to Lucina and request a story about this with a few real dollars to donate. 

Not a bad idea, although I'll be honest that I'd rather see the story in a comic format vs a literature format.

We actually did that in the BMPRPG, with Matoran gangsters and such: http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/board/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=345

A pity it isn't active, but it was fun while it lasted.

Didn't know about that, seems like it could've been interesting.

Oh no.

Why didn't I listen to the nagging doubt that this was going to occur? :P

If you've read some of my other works, The Kanohi Force comedy, or one of Fishers64's games, you know how to write me.

*Sits at the edge of his seat and shoves popcorn down his throat*

I've got ideas for how to write certain characters in story arcs. Whether they're accurate or not I'm not sure though but I'll try my best to make it entertaining.

Ahahahahahahahaha

The intensity intensifies. Intensely.

I wonder how exactly the fourth wall is supposed to sit in the defendant seat.

He'll have to be intensely focused or else he might lose. 

Ahahahahahahahaha

And signing the document wouldn't be a piece of cake either...  :P

I know right, how could Ghidora forget to bring a pen?

The amount of suspense is such that I must build a suspension bridge to contain it.

Suspense intensifies.

Ahahahahahahahaha

Perhaps the fourth wall is the defendant seat?

He's just the chair itself. Actually, he's just that wall on the left.

~Soran

Calling it now Gavla as Judge Judy

Judge Judva? Judge Gavdy.

Spying? what spying? we're just...

Cleaning your windows! Got dirty windows?

CALL 1-131-GHIDORA.

Seems Legit.

So, I got bored and had this idea for a mini-series for a while. So without further ado I present...

life_in_okoto_01_by_soarinskies-d8zg0oj.

Life in Okoto: 01

I've had an idea for a humorous retelling of the story so far of the new BIONICLE series floating around in my head for a little while now. So I got bored with working on the current comic of the other series so I began work on the background of this one. After working on the background I figured, "Hey, I'll work on the comic layout. Then I'll be done". Couple hours later I've got a full comic done. As this is the first comic, I wasn't really going for any sort of comedy with this one, it was more for a set up of the next comic and an idea of what time period in the story the comic takes place in.

As you can probably tell, the style is vastly different than my other series, where this one prioritizes pixelated backgrounds with some added effects. I'm using the BIONICLE 2 Rayg kit I made for this series. There is no set size for the sprites in the comic. The only reason they're 1x in the first 2 panels is mainly because I accidentally made the background too small for 2x. This mini series will probably only go on for the time it takes me to get either too bored or too lazy to continue, so don't expect much, it's vastly more work than my other one.

Anyway, something new, enjoy I guess.

~Soran

• Upvote 1

New Comic

s3_61_by_soarinskies-d8zjs5f.png

Court Is In Session

I could've either used an empty court room or an actual picture of the Judge Judy set with tons of people in the audience where I would have to remove everyone in the audience. I went with the harder option. Please forgive any laziness with any future panels. 

Also, anyone who can name all the characters in the background gets a prize.

WHY ARENT THEY ORANGE AND MAROON?!

Seriously though that reference game on point.

I got *no* idea what that comet is. [/sarcasm]

I mean technically they kind of are. Thanks.

That comet?

Obviously not a super protecting hero here to defeat the overly lame skull sp-

*Tahu gets up*

Sigh.

Actually it's just a meteor.

Hope you guys enjoy the comic,

~Soran