Soran's Comic Emporium

Soran

@TNG: Them crazy Po-matoran do. And, I'm trying, my internet appears to be working fine again so I might be able to make daybreak comics again.@Kodrak: I always thought that matoran make tink sounds because they're part metal. And there is a reason he doesnt, as he has bad experience with granting wishes. I'm actually planning on making a mini series called, "_____'s past owners" which shoes his past owners and their stupidity when it comes to wishes.Thanks for the comments,~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

So at least we know these killers are human, or at least the closest emotional equivilent. I feel like you're trying to make this like a TV show with the endings, attempts at character portrayal, and general style.Nice bullet effect, too.As for the new series, looks like Cal's.Still, nothing like a "give up box" to say you mean buisness.J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

KODRAK'S GUIDE TO GRANTING WISHESWish 1: Ask if questions count as wishes.Wish 2: Yes, ask for a million wishes. No, ask for something you want at the moment.Wish 3. Yes, if not allowed to ask for more wishes, ask for something important. No, ask if you can have more wishes.Wish 4? No, if not allowed wishes, ask for anything you want.EDIT:@Daybreak: Quite intense. Luckily, Lekaku has a plan now.@Preview: Cal's kit, indeed. Looks like The Hangover.

Edited by Kodrak

not autistic

Wow. How do you do these reflection/blur effects? Also, nice job. This shows that even retarded henchmen can be people...that's an original idea, I think. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but most movies and shows I see portray henchmen as mindless, purposeless pawns, with an occasional traitor.)Giving Up Box? I don't get it.

Edited by Tahu Nuva Golden

Pk57sNJ.jpg

@Justax-Kal: I could talk about the first thing you said, but that is in another Daybreak comic. Thanks, I got a 360 view angel of guns/bullets for Daybreak. The style is actually based on a newspaper comic I like a lot, and I have been reading for a while. It is called, 'Pearls before Swine', its pretty funny, and I liked the style. The masks were the masks I made for the fan comic I made for Cal, with just a little minor adjustments. the bodies are entirely new and based on the shape of the characters in the P.B.S. I added the details in the bodies through shading to make it look somewhat similar to the kit I use for LTSL comics. The main reason I am making this comic series is because of my low variety of characters and different personalities in LTSL, there is only so much I can do with the distinct personalities. The comics function as a way to express more jokes from different types of characters, (more then shown in preview, I couldn't fit them all in the box.) The Give Up Box is based off of a comic from P.B.S. that I like a lot. And yes, I do mean business. @Kodrak: Best guide ever, but too smart for any of my characters to follow, besides maybe Soran. Basically his plan is to be a diversion and hopefully not get killed. He is too valuable to be in any combat situations with Lekama. Masks are based to replicate it. Rest of the kit is based off Pearls Before Swine comics. A lot more simpler to work with then the kit I use for LTSL.@TNG: I do the effects in GIMP, I'm quite handy at it. Sooner or later I have to figure out how to work with Photoshop. I have it on my computer, but seems too complicated to work with so far. I might figure it out later. They aren't so retarded as they are following orders. A corrupt government will do all odds to get anything that can change the world. Most people if given the chance to advance the ranks of a possible world dominated government will probably take the risk. Greed and selfishness has that effect on people sometimes. The giving up box isn't really suppose to make sense. I just found the idea of a bunch of people sitting in a box with those drinking hats on their heads to be quite random, which basically defines the upcoming series. The new series is my way of making other jokes that I can't create with the current characters or PGS I have in LTSL.Thanks for the comments guys, New Comical Retreat comic coming later tonight, so stay tuned.~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Okay, I definatly see a difference in style now. I just couldn't see them from behind the box.I'm glad you're throwing in new characters, because I was thinking LTSL could use some more variety.I don't know if green guy is an optimist or a pain in the rear. Either way, I like him.J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

@Justax-Kal: The box was hiding the details of bodies sadly. I was coming up with all sorts of ideas I can't use in LTSL because I don't have the suitable characters to make the joke with. I was picturing giving all the characters a distinct personality. his is a combination of a pain in the rear and sarcastic. Somewhat like ______ in LTSL.@TNG: I'm sorry that it isnt quite funny, I'm using a different kind of humor in this series. I will try to make some more LTSL or try to make the series fit with LTSL style. I'm glad that you like the other series though.Thanks for the comments, new Comedic Retreat comic coming later today, so stay tuned,~Soran

New Comic!Expect a lot of Comical Retreat comics. These comics are easy to make and since I have quite a bit of premade comics, I can work on other comics like LTSL and Daybreak while I post these.Comic 3.Hope you enjoy the comic,~Soran

Wow, I love comical retreat because, even though most of the jokes are more of a different style than in LTSL, You manage to make the characters seem cute, serious, childlike, have a feel you can sorta relate to, have bionicle masks in that nice style, also are in such a simple backround, and are not made by someone elses kit. all the stuff that I would love to see if I made my own comic. And I thought your LTSL was brilliant.I. Am. amazed. Can't wait for more.

Edited by Bulik

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

@TNG: Don't we all?@Bulik: Thanks for the input, and I'm glad you like the series.@Kodrak: If it was Calvirick's kit, I would put 'credit to....' in the credit section. The kit I use for Comical Retreat Is actually a combination of a few things. The masks, were masks I made myself but they were suppose to be in Calvirick's style. The masks were made in that style because of the fan comic I made for him which is in his topic. There are notable differences compared to his and mine. I also created a new body which is meant to represent the same shape as a comic I enjoy reading, "Pearls Before Swine". I added shading and details to the kit to make it look somewhat similar to Movie Style matoran, similar to the kit I use for LTSL. Although extremely similar as they are, they are based off different things and have a consistent amount of differences. Few of them being Cal's outline is a Drab Dark Red and his colors are meant to be very drab and blend well together. My outline is black, and its colors are meant to show extreme difference. main reason for that is because of how I use shading for the body. Other notable differences is my use of feet and hands, which are based off as stated before "Pearls Before Swine". Anyway, I like the line as well, that's why I used it in the comic. And yes he is a guy. I do not follow the stereotype, "Anyone with a Kaukau (Gali's mask/hahli's old mask) is a girl), always found it annoying. Thanks for the comments guys, another comic coming later.~Soran

@TNG: Thanks, I like where it is going as well.One Answer: I've been making comics nonstop so I can have plenty to post, and have enough time to make the other comics which take longer to make. The newer Daybreak Comics are usually made in 2 days, LTSL can be made in half a day to a full day, but these can be made in about 4 hours. So far I've made almost 20. which is about 10 days to work on the other comics. And I've been reading people's comics, I just don't have time to post because I also have to go to all sorts of places.@Kodrak: I have played mnog 1 and 2. It was a fun game. In my opinion the way the Ko-Matoran are on Mata-Nui, they seem like mini Indiana Jones. And when I was making this comic I was thinking about the Ko-Matoran and how they act in Metru-Nui.@Justax-Kal: He would be a pain in real life (I actually knew someone like this.), but he is a fun character to work with. I enjoy whenever I can use him in jokes like these.@Rahkshi Overlord: I'm glad you like the comics, and I liked the line a lot too. Its okay, those Le-Matoran have specific ways to make sure no one tells of their secret.I'm glad you all like the comics, and expect the next comic to be at the usual time.~Soran

Wow. The Comical Retreat comics take that long? The long TNG comics take 6 hours...what methods do you use to make these? (Like, copy paste, or GIMP from scratch, etc) I usually make a spritesheet, then copy paste from it. (And when I make a sprite sheet I just make the body parts then make poses as I work, and record used poses in the spritesheet so I can use them again whenever I want.)@Comic 6 funniest one yet. He makes one-page tragedies...I wonder what his reaction would be if someone told him that. Isn't Tamaru an MNOG character with a Noble Rau?

Pk57sNJ.jpg

@TNG: Oh darn you noticed. Yes he is a person in MNOG with a Noble Rau, I gave up trying to make names for the characters so I stole some from MNOG.New Comic!Comic 7.Hope you enjoy the comic,~Soran

Edited by Soran

@TNG: Katuri is explaining to her friends/cronies the events that happened during comic 4, where she meets her 'Prince Charming'. Pokito then walks into the scene and says that he is her prince charming. All the Ga-Matoran like Pokito because of his outgoing attitude, so its no surprise that he must be her Prince Charming. Katuri then tells them that he isn't her prince charming and that he is a moron, in which the girls GASP! Seeing as they all like Pokito, they all defend him, and one of them blurts out that because she called him a moron, she is totally going to De-Friend (delete her as a friend) her on a site. Hope I helped explain it.@Rahkshi Overlord: Actually her Prince Charming is a Onu-Matoran (Earth). I don't know why most relationships are with Ko and Ga matoran. I always found that Onua was very wise and understanding, so I thought I'd make the 'Prince Charming', have the same personality.Thanks for the comments,~SoranGoing to probably be a Daybreak comic later, Stay Tuned.

Edited by Melorussophobia