Soran's Comic Emporium

Soran

The Fourth Wall really needs to get some insurance to cover that.

Need insurance?

Call 1-131-GHIDORA. Only 9-7 however; I have several night jobs, one being a Ghostbuster.

I like to imagine why Ghidora and Loganto work so many jobs but I can't find a viable reason as to why. It entertains me though.

Each one is minimum wage.

And getting to be a billionaire is hard work, y'know.

• Upvote 1

New Comic

s3_98_by_soarinskies-d9iln2r.png

Dangerous Rock

I decided to have Akino's speech actually be normal this time around to help illustrate how "insightful" he is on this occasion. It probably makes it easier to reading as well. 

Need insurance?

Call 1-131-GHIDORA. Only 9-7 however; I have several night jobs, one being a Ghostbuster.

I like to imagine why Ghidora and Loganto work so many jobs but I can't find a viable reason as to why. It entertains me though.

Perhaps because they keep spending all the money they get from their jobs on their other jobs.

Or on Ghiddy's suits, those things can be expensive.

I can imagine that. It seems like each new job needs a new suit. 

Need insurance?

Each one is minimum wage.

And getting to be a billionaire is hard work, y'know.

That's actually an entertaining thought. Your character and Loganto's represent the everyman, trying to do whatever it takes to reach the American BIONICLE's dream.

so when the fourth wall appears does it just rewrite time and wipe that bit out?

Technically yes. Most of the time they aren't even necessary comics although on the rare occasion they become the center point (see Lawyer arc). But The Fourth Wall breaking functions almost like turning off and on your computer. It just fixes it for no reason.

so when the fourth wall appears does it just rewrite time and wipe that bit out?

Maybe... Although I suspect Akino's incredible power knows no bounds.

He may break several universal laws but he definitely doesn't possess boundless power. 

I bet Soran had fun watching Lesovikk's team killer Zyglak Z get skipped with a rock.

I think my favorite part of the comic was the sound effect. It wasn't anything like a "POW!" or a "TINK!" or something, it was "Skip!" which meant that Akino was actually right. It was a great skipping rock.

Glad you guys enjoyed the comics,

~Soran

• Upvote 1
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

New Comic

s3_99_by_soarinskies-d9ioxi8.png

Light Please

P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way Sydney. 

Okay, insightful speech, but only slightly misdirected.

Ah well, he gets an "E" for effort.

(ignore the fact that E is only barely above F in alphabetical order)

I'm sure you could tell Akino he got a 0 and somehow convince him it was the best because it was lower than 1st place.

Ah well, he gets an "E" for effort.

No, E stands for eeevil.

Wait...

I knew it the Akinopocalypse is upon us quick run to your bunkers and get in your military suits this means war!

It'll be a great, great day.

I knew it the Akinopocalypse is upon us quick run to your bunkers and get in your military suits this means war!

Coincidentally enough, I just finished drawing a militaristic Petewa.

At least you're prepared.

Glad you guys enjoyed the comic,

~Soran

• Upvote 1
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

New Comic

s3_100_by_soarinskies-d9itibp.png

Thinking Out Loud

Technically comic 100 of Season 3, and a throwback to my first series I posted on BZPower.

I just realized Akino and Z are missing a canary in the mine with them.

I doubt they're deep enough where it truly matters and even if it did, in the event of a cave in their graves are already made.

Oh no

We're gonna have a "Soran is a genie" one aren't we?

Whoa, spoilers.

Is it just me? Or did Akino get stupider after ejecting Soran?

Judging by that address you gave, are they trying to dig their way to Australia?

I would think that in this case it's a matter of perspective. The other major arc Akino was a part of was the Swimmy 2.0 one, where he didn't so much do stupid things as he just did those things incorrectly. In this story arc he's just able to do or say whatever, which presents him as being pretty dumb (which is accurate). That address was more of a reference to Finding Nemo, in which case when they're trying to figure out the address, Dory says, "Light please" (which was what the name of that particular comic). 

Is it just me? Or did Akino get stupider after ejecting Soran?

Judging by that address you gave, are they trying to dig their way to Australia?

Is Nato gonna show up?

Only if Australia becomes a part of NATO. 

3 wishes soran is probably gonna wish for a body

I find it interesting how your minds jump ahead in certain story arcs. I feel compelled to make a comic featuring Soran just to show that he's given up at the moment in finding a body and he's resigned to his fate as a blender. Or perhaps he'll try to possess Z this next comic, who knows. 

~Soran

• Upvote 2

I find it interesting how your minds jump ahead in certain story arcs. I feel compelled to make a comic featuring Soran just to show that he's given up at the moment in finding a body and he's resigned to his fate as a blender. Or perhaps he'll try to possess Z this next comic, who knows. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

for some reason cretin things just make me think and when i'm actually thinking logically about fictional illogical stuff I just have to produce theories to keep me insane other wise life would just be dull and boring.

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

New Comic

s3_101_by_soarinskies-d9ixiyr.png

Genie Genius

I actually know someone who acts similar to how Akino does in this specific comic. It's entertaining but also irritating at the same time, it's weird. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

for some reason cretin things just make me think and when i'm actually thinking logically about fictional illogical stuff I just have to produce theories to keep me insane other wise life would just be dull and boring.

I can see that as being the attitude of a super-villain. By any chance are you a super-villain?

Heheh. That was decently funny. Wonder if there's really a genie in there.

By any chance was the reaction similar to this?

wjANVCD.jpg?fb

This comic would answer your question.

I believe Genie In A Bottle by Christina Aguilera would be an appropriate song for this occasion.

I've just got it on repeat whenever I make comics. Or when I don't. Just blasting Christina Aguilera whenever.

What if Soran becomes a Genie in a Blender?

Please, don't spoil my master plan. You see, all the comics link together, you think they wouldn't but in reality they all do. Soran dies, ends up coming back as a zombie, his body decomposes and he ends up becoming a spirit, he then overtakes a genie who technically have physical bodies. Since he didn't make a contract as a genie he is not bound by the same laws as genies are but he is still able to make any wishes he might want. He then finally enacts his plans for world domination and wishes to become ruler of the universe. This is actually the final story arc.

true_story_by_soarinskies-d5b7434.png

What if Soran already is a genie in a blender?

I mean technically he makes all your wishes come true for anything related to using a blender.

Glad you guys enjoy the comics,

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 1

Please, don't spoil my master plan. You see, all the comics link together, you think they wouldn't but in reality they all do. Soran dies, ends up coming back as a zombie, his body decomposes and he ends up becoming a spirit, he then overtakes a genie who technically have physical bodies. Since he didn't make a contract as a genie he is not bound by the same laws as genies are but he is still able to make any wishes he might want. He then finally enacts his plans for world domination and wishes to become ruler of the universe. This is actually the final story arc.

And Mal is the dashing hero who came to save the day.

bBhcfWO.png

New Comic

s3_102_by_soarinskies-d9j1ckd.png

Tinkering Ideas

No offense to the Portuguese. 

And Mal is the dashing hero who came to save the day.

Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Maybe it's NOT a genie in a lamp but a non-functional flamethrower in a lamp.  Which might actually be more useful than the genie...

For whenever you want to inconspicuously dowse someone in flames.

It wasn't, but that picture was funny too. And I know several people who act like Akino in this comic.

My condolences.

Not if I can help it!!

Super hero Gantolo is here to stop Soran from taking over the world!

(Is also part-time news ancorman)

Soran will simply take out all the phone booths. Your plans are foiled.

Neverz!!!

The supervillain who's also a hero for some stupid reason Ghid Von Squidulus will help Soran control the universe and then go get a pizza! Or something!

Maybe Loganto will even deliver it...

If I was planning a story arc after Soran takes over the world then I would absolutely do something like that. Probably not going to, Soran just wins in the end. He wins life.

~Soran

• Upvote 1

Ummmm no not a super villain.... *starts shredding totally not evil world domination plans* yeah nah some people want to watch the world burn I want to be next to that person with a bowl of popcorn

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

New Comic

s3_103_by_soarinskies-d9j5sl0.png

Familiar Masters

In case it wasn't clear before, this is the same Genie that Akino found in an earlier series of mine.

Ummmm no not a super villain.... *starts shredding totally not evil world domination plans* yeah nah some people want to watch the world burn I want to be next to that person with a bowl of popcorn

Good, good. I don't like competition...

I recognize them...I don't know where from.

Perhaps this might answer your question.

Nice Portal 2 reference.

I'm curious if you actually typed the full translation up just to see what it meant or if you could just tell by mention of the word "Software" and "Manual". Either way, thanks, I try my best.

~Soran

It's the Suburban Life Genie! From that one series! Holy magikarp!

Ahh, references...

Well, at least somebody remembers.

(hint hint: it's not me.)

I remember digging into the internet looking for that among wikis and stuff that was a funny series

New Comic

s3_104_by_soarinskies-d9jaum8.png

Genie Rules

This comic is really just a transitionary one that explains the rules of a Genie I have set forth in the comics. Technically anyone present may make a combined total of 3 wishes. It should hopefully prove interesting.

Sorry for the late comic, I'm currently working on some projects outside of BZPower as well as my Secret Santa present. I'll try to still post a comic every day as I've been doing but on the off chance that I miss a day then I hope you guys understand.

I recognize them...I don't know where from.

Perhaps this might answer your question.

No...that's not it.

Then I haven't a clue.

Ahh, references...

Bingo, the one and only.

Ahh, references...

It's from an early series of mine that ended prematurely. Any references to Akino's past digging experiences are references to this series in which Akino attempted to dig a tunnel to Mata Nui from Metru Nui (The equivalent of digging a tunnel to China) and charge people to go through it. In the process of digging he comes across a genie lamp. This is also the only series where Akino is instead endearing instead of just plain stupid.

Whoa, it's him again! Wait, these two series' are connected?

Yep. Most of my series are actually linked together unless otherwise stated. So LTSL links to Soran's Comics season 1, which of course link to Season 2 and now 3. 

The only series that don't connect to my little world (that I have created) are: Any MAS comics I work on (unless stated otherwise) and the TRUTH Series (The Road to Home) and the other two early series I released on the site.

Ahh, references...

I remember digging into the internet looking for that among wikis and stuff that was a funny series

I'd like to think it was. It definitely was one of the more interesting series I had made at the time.

Nice Portal 2 reference.

I'm curious if you actually typed the full translation up just to see what it meant or if you could just tell by mention of the word "Software" and "Manual". Either way, thanks, I try my best.

~Soran

Just from software and manual.

Makes sense.

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 1