Bionicle G3 Rumors

I hope it will become true. However, before anything, I hope Lego World Builder will do a contest that will encourage fans to make stories for Bionicle. I am working on mine: https://worldbuilder.tongal.com/world/c16c1073-c5d6-4a05-90a3-4074c42fc50f 

It’s not complete, but still. I would like to post my draft in BZPower, but I always get ridiculed. Happened me in 2021-2022. Wasn’t cool.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

13 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

I hope it will become true. However, before anything, I hope Lego World Builder will do a contest that will encourage fans to make stories for Bionicle. I am working on mine: https://worldbuilder.tongal.com/world/c16c1073-c5d6-4a05-90a3-4074c42fc50f 

It’s not complete, but still. I would like to post my draft in BZPower, but I always get ridiculed. Happened me in 2021-2022. Wasn’t cool.

how is this relevant

image.gif.f0b625d4fc4c82b928516a036fc1cf5a.gif

I can't imagine that TLG would be interested in the franchise after how gen 2 performed with sales. I'm pessimistic about it for now, especially considering the community's past with fake leaks and rumors. If it is true I hope nobody gets fired from their lego store job for leaking set names again.

bZpOwEr

I think that the Anniversary Tahu and Takua set was something we barely got... despite bionicle was winning the anniversary poll which had castle and classic space fighting for dominance. Tahu did get the weird string arms figure in the 99 years of play giant box but that figure is so bad.
The reason was some sort of compromise since new balljoints ccbs parts cost a lot of money. Printed/sticked parts for a mask costs less money for a limited figure with 80% less cost and advertising.

With the way bionicle G2 sales crumbled in less than a year and a half, i doubt that large balljoints figures will return soon.

Edited by (-Kopaka Toa of Ice-)
  • Upvote 1

Lemme just copy paste what I said earlier in a post about this. 

From what I could find, this leak originated from a user called FroggyShade who on Twitter leaked a lot about Ninjago crystalized, but not much with saying how they got this info. in the same thread they also made a post like “#Bionicle In a time before time: 2025.” however, Ninjago series head writer Doc Wyatt replied to a tweet about this Ninjago leak. Wyatt simply saying 'Fake.' so with this, I guess we can safely conclude that this Bionicle 2025 leak is also not true. Tho, if this leak happened to be real. Well, I would be the first to get those sets. (Anyhow, sorry for having to do that.)

• Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 7:00 PM, (-Kopaka Toa of Ice-) said:

I think that the Anniversary Tahu and Takua set was something we barely got... despite bionicle was winning the anniversary poll which had castle and classic space fighting for dominance. Tahu did get the weird string arms figure in the 99 years of play giant box but that figure is so bad.
The reason was some sort of compromise since new balljoints ccbs parts cost a lot of money. Printed/sticked parts for a mask costs less money for a limited figure with 80% less cost and advertising.

With the way bionicle G2 sales crumbled in less than a year and a half, i doubt that large balljoints figures will return soon.

Also i forgot to mention one thing. The Tahu and Takua set was only given out with out a purchase of at least 100$ and was limited to purchases with these qualifying LEGO themes: City, Classic, Creator 3in1, DOTS, Friends, Monkie Kid, and Ninjago.

Unfortunately they did not release the Tahu & Takua set as a separate set after the promotion. so you need to find it online stores like ebay.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2023 at 10:56 AM, GenNoble said:

Lemme just copy paste what I said earlier in a post about this. 

From what I could find, this leak originated from a user called FroggyShade who on Twitter leaked a lot about Ninjago crystalized, but not much with saying how they got this info. in the same thread they also made a post like “#Bionicle In a time before time: 2025.” however, Ninjago series head writer Doc Wyatt replied to a tweet about this Ninjago leak. Wyatt simply saying 'Fake.' so with this, I guess we can safely conclude that this Bionicle 2025 leak is also not true. Tho, if this leak happened to be real. Well, I would be the first to get those sets. (Anyhow, sorry for having to do that.)

It's definitely a hoax. I saw the Ninjago leaks, and while I heard about the Bionicle ones, I didn't know they were from the same person. So for starters that set off some red flags in my mind because all the Ninjago info was about the show, and Bioncle was, from what I heard, about sets, and those are two different departments. Like, when Ninjago set leaks pop up, we get just that, set info, we don't get storyline info beyond what's on the package. So it'd be odd for one person to have info on both, unless they're getting their leaks from two sources. (Maybe leaked emails? But that's a stretch.)

Anyways, the nail in the coffin, the "leaker" cited their source as a fairly prolific person in the Ninjago fandom. This person did help one of the co-creators write a level two canon novel, and they helped write a single Ninjago video, but according to at least one person, they never worked on the show. He almost did, but it didn't happen due to some rather nasty allegations. And even if he did get the job, it would've been super recent, he wouldn't have info on stuff like Ninjago Crystalized. Finally, the "source" has no history of reliable leaks. Also, most of the leaked info definitely seemed to be focused on Ninjago, Bionicle must've been tacked on to get a rise out of people.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Blehhh I draw things and like to rummage through Lego history and/or theme lore | Portal to all my social medias | There's some joke here about my fondness for both Zane and Matoro

• 3 weeks later...

All I can say is that I personally can believe something like this may happen in the future. The Lego company is now experimenting with brick built constraction figures and seems to be relaunching efforts in the constraction market with this in mind. A brick built bionicle isn't a stretch. Lego does now seem to have switched to the Hasbro model of creating established IPs with reboots every decade, so a bionicle reboot could very much be on the horizon.  Would I buy it? No. It's something that I frankly believe should have been left in the 2000s. Without Greg Farshtey attached it just wouldn't hit as well. Plus I don't have the money let alone the space for it. 

• Like 2

It's time to move on.

if it's true, and i doubt it is, then it won't make much difference to me. bionicle's main value to me now is as a source of nostalgia, and this won't be the bionicle i grew up with as a kid--plus i'm no longer the kid who could fall in love with bionicle.

• Upvote 1

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, extreme doubt. Nonetheless, I don't think I'd want more BIONICLE. What they made of it already was fun, and enjoyable. I'm still able to enjoy it and have fun with that world and those toys. A new BIONICLE for me would not recapture the feeling I had for original BIONICLE (and hey, even G2) - whatever feelings I had at the time are two decades away and exacerbated by the same two decades of being fermented by nostalgia.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Okay so I don't really like to start rumors, see my prior debunk of the rumors in this thread, but I do have a theory. Idk where else to post this or if it's worth starting a new thread for.

The January 2024 Ninjago sets have a mix and match gimmick ala Galidor glinching. Which, we can argue we can do this with all Lego, but still, it makes it easy for kids to swap limbs without dismantling the entire thing. Also idk, I feel like these mechs look more humanoid than usual? Like, something about the proportions, you usually only see them on the bigger mechs- but these are smaller and again, got that limb gimmick.

Maybe it IS just a gimmick for the one line. But, IIRC Ninjago's serpentine were used to test the market for Chima. I wonder if they're trying to test the waters for a new action figure type line, if not new Bionicle? Because I can see how this approach absolutely could lend itself well to Bionicle while also maintaining the brick system. Just make new molds for the masks at least and it'd probably work out. Food for thought I guess, nothing too serious nor remotely concrete.

• Like 2

Blehhh I draw things and like to rummage through Lego history and/or theme lore | Portal to all my social medias | There's some joke here about my fondness for both Zane and Matoro