About the Kingdom universe

Hi, guys. Since I read that Bionicle online short stories called The Kingdom in 2008, I have been thinking. The story is about Takanuva accidentally went to an alternate universe, where the Toa Mahri failed in their mission yo save the Matoran Universe from the Great Spirit Mata Nui’s death. Most of the people of the MU evacuated to the island of Mata Nui for their lives, and the MU got destroyed. The Zyglak and Makuta were the only known ones to be left behind. Most of these people got killed, and Makuta Teridax was the only known survivor. He used his Shadow Hand to absorb his whole species. The MU was filled with Pit Mutagen. After the evacuation, the people of the MU created an oversized and prosperous kingdom for themselves on the island. The Toa Mahri were disgraced by their failure, and the people had treated them like losers, mostly to Matoro, who was supposed to revive Mata Nui, not hesitate. It had been 10,000 years for reason (I mean, is it the present time or the future?).

When Takanuva got to the universe, he heard about a Rahkshi entering the Kingdom, so he and Toa Tanma were assigned by Turaga Takanuva to go investigate the Rahkshi appearances. Takanuva brought Matoro along to have him make up for his failure. When the three got to an entrance to the MU, they fought four Rahkshi and then Teridax. Teridax killed Tanma and Matoro while Matoro killed Teridax. Takanuva told the Kingdom of hat happened. The people honored Matoro for defeating Teridax, and then Brutaka accidentally sent Takanuva to another alternate universe. Later on, the people are building a rocket ship, probably to leave the island and go into outer space as planned (well, that was to get away from Teridax). 

So, if the Toa Mahri failed in their mission to save the MU, here are some things that are theoretically changed: 
1. The Brotherhood of Makuta’s attack in Karda Nui had stopped very shorty. No Energy Storms happened. 
2. The Toa Nuva never got their Adaptive Armor. 
3. The alternate Takanuva was never a Toa of Light and Shadow, right? 
4. Destiny War and preparations for it and Mata Nui’s Reawakening had never happened. Teridax never took control of the MU. 
5. The Skrall would have had taken over Bara Magna. 
6. Spherus Magna was never restored. 

It’s a bit scary to think about. I’m fine with Mazeka and Vultraz not being sent to another alternate universe where Makuta are good people, though. 

https://biosector01.com/wiki/The_Kingdom

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

You know what? I completely forgot that this wasn't the same alternate universe where alternate Tuyet was in charge. 

What do you think stopped Teridax from taking over the Great Spirit Robot after Mata Nui's death?

Edited by Aderia

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

21 hours ago, Aderia said:

What do you think stopped Teridax from taking over the Great Spirit Robot after Mata Nui's death?

Since Mata Nui was never revived, the robot basically died permenantly so there wasn't anything for Teri to take over anymore.

His plan revolved around Mata Nui dying so that his spirit leaves the robot body, and then to be revived so that Teri can slip into the alive but spiritless body before Mata Nui's spirit returned.

On that note, it seemed to take Mata Nui a very long time to return to his body. Between the time that he died and got revived by Matoro, Teri had enough time to float from the Pit go all the way to Metru Nui and get beneath the Coliseum and enter the robot "brain" all before Mata Nui's spirit returned. Way too convenient if you ask me.

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

1 hour ago, TERIDAX941 said:

Since Mata Nui was never revived, the robot basically died permenantly so there wasn't anything for Teri to take over anymore.

His plan revolved around Mata Nui dying so that his spirit leaves the robot body, and then to be revived so that Teri can slip into the alive but spiritless body before Mata Nui's spirit returned.

On that note, it seemed to take Mata Nui a very long time to return to his body. Between the time that he died and got revived by Matoro, Teri had enough time to float from the Pit go all the way to Metru Nui and get beneath the Coliseum and enter the robot "brain" all before Mata Nui's spirit returned. Way too convenient if you ask me.

It's best just to ignore distance in Bionicle altogether, the proportions of the GSR set Spherus Magna at such a preposterously large size for a rocky planet that it's impossible for life to form and thrive on it. If I'm remembering right the GSR is about the height of the earth. Teridax traveling from India to Siberia within a day is just something we have to live with.

bZpOwEr

3 hours ago, TERIDAX941 said:

Teri had enough time to float from the Pit go all the way to Metru Nui and get beneath the Coliseum and enter the robot "brain" all before Mata Nui's spirit returned. 

Makuta can teleport. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

2 hours ago, Nato G said:

Makuta can teleport. 

Has it been confirmed that Makuta as a species can teleport when reduced to their gas state? I thought they only had access to their mental powers when they lose their bodies. If they could teleport, then Tridax should have done that when he was fighting Tobduk.

Formerly Iron_Man5

49 minutes ago, TERIDAX941 said:

If they could teleport, then Tridax should have done that when he was fighting Tobduk.

The Makuta were so insanely overpowered that they should've been nigh-unbeatable in every context they appeared in.

Almost every time the Makuta appeared in-story, they were nerfed in some way, there was some plot reason for them to hold back, or Greg just ignored some of their powers for the sake of narrative convenience. The plot called for Tridax to die, so it happened. Same with Spiriah, who could have easily fought back against Miserix eating him. Same with the Makuta in Karda Nui, who could've used any number of their powers to escape or survive the Energy Storms. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

10 hours ago, TERIDAX941 said:

Considering that Mata Nui is supposed to be a robot with an AI, him having a "spirit" doesn't even make any sense. Don't think too hard about it. 

#makeBionicleG1andHeroFactorysharethesameuniverse and #giveBionicleansHeroFactorytheirownliveactioncinematicuniverse 
GENERATION 5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

22 hours ago, Lorentz said:

Considering that Mata Nui is supposed to be a robot with an AI, him having a "spirit" doesn't even make any sense. Don't think too hard about it. 

I know, I know it's just one of the plot holes that have irked me over the years lol

Formerly Iron_Man5