What franchises are you guys into since Bionicle got cancelled twice?

Lenny7092

Hi, guys. What it says here. What franchises are you guys into since Bionicle is cancelled twice? 

For me, when Bionicle was cancelled the first time in 2010, I was looking at Ben 10, the Star Wars: The Clone Wars show in 2008, DC Comics, and Marvel, specifically the Iron Man movies and The Incredible Hulk movie in 2008. Lego Atlantis and Lego Power Miners a little bit. Then, when Hero Factory happened, I was into it because it cheered me up from the loss of Bionicle. I always look at it as sharing the same universe as Bionicle G1 because of the similarities and the fact that it is Bionicle’s successor and kept constraction alive. I don’t care if Greg Farshtey never wrote that. I believe it’s still possible. 

Throughout the time, I noticed Ninjago and Legends of Chima. They are cool. I like Ninjago the most. I saw the Marvel Cinematic Universe rising. It is beautiful, and the first Avengers movie in 2012 was awesome because it brought most of the superheroes from the first five MCU films together. DC Extended Universe? It had a rough start with Man of Steel in 2013. I watched the whole Hobbit trilogy in 2012-2014. There are many Traveler’s Tales Lego games with talking characters since 2012. There is the Lego Movie in 2014. They were wonderful. I was also focusing on The Amazing Spider-Man movie series in 2012-2014. They were good, but the second one was weird. 

Sadly, HF got cancelled in 2014. However, there was Bionicle G2, which happened in 2015-2016. During that time, I was into Lego Dimensions and Nexo Knights. I always believe NK is a part of Ninjago because of similarities. I hope they will share the same universe someday due to the fact that Ninjago has 16 Realms and it has LoC be one of those realms. 

When Bionicle cancelled in 2016 brutally, I was focusing on NK, LD, Ninjago, Marvel, including the MCU, and DC Comics, including the DCEU. DCEU is messed up. I loved that the MCU is using the Infinity Stones as foreshadowing elements that represent Thanos coming to fight the Avengers and their allies and get the Infinity Stones. It was a pity that LD ended in 2017 without a proper ending or a sequel. Same with NK when it ended in 2018 without a proper ending. I like Angry Birds, mostly the first game and the two movies. There is the Transformers movies in 2007-2018. They are good, too, despite most of them having negative-to-mixed reviews and those ridiculous plot holes. Good thing Transformers 6 is not cancelled, and I hope it will happen soon (Bumblebee is a spin-off, not a main film. Same with Rise of the Beasts). There is also The Lego Movie Cinematic Universe, but it’s a pity it wasn’t doing great in its second two movies, and I’m not sure if it’s cancelled or just paused. Lego Monkie Kid is pretty cool, but wacky. I also hope Lego Dreamzzz (a new Lego theme this year) will become one of Ninjago’s Realms because of the advertisements. 

I always look at Ninjago as a mini-figure counterpart to Bionicle, and the MCU as Marvel’s own Bionicle. I was focusing Star Wars’ sequel trilogy in 2015-2019. I don’t like that three main characters from the original trilogy in 1977-1983 got killed off (I miss Carrie Fisher), and the sequel trilogy was weird in some parts (The Last Jedi was kind of weird, and if it weren’t, The Rise of Skywalker could have gotten positive reviews, like the two films, rather than mixed). 

In 2016, I noticed Marvel Studios, the guys who made the MCU, is planning to get all of its lost characters rights back. It partially got the Spider-Man rights back from Sony Pictures because they were sharing them for some reason (Sony is greedy). The MCU Spider-Man is very good, and he’s my favorite iteration of Spider-Man. 

In 2018, I watched Avengers: Infinity War. It was awesome. However, after that, there are two insignificant Marvel movies, Venom and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, in that year. These things are something that we did not ask for. They shouldn’t exist for even start their series, as Venom started its cinematic universe to compete with the MCU. This is totally unacceptable Venom is terrible (it got negative reviews), and both it and the Spider-Verse movie are weird and forgettable. 

In 2019, I watched Avengers: Endgame. It was awesome, like Infinity War. When Disney bought Fox, it helped Marvel Studios get the X-Men, Deadpool, and Fantastic Four rights back from Fox completely. However, MS is planning to make Fox’s Deadpool 3 because the MCU has this saga called “the Multiverse Saga” going on, which is strange because that movie is from an old and obsolete series, and it should be cancelled along with it. We should gotten MCU’s own iteration of Deadpool, so I guess we have to wait after the Multiverse Saga. After Spider-Man: Far From Home happened, there was a fight between Marvel Studios and Sony, and they fought over the SM rights. Fans demand Sony to let go of the rights completely. They did some petitions, including those in Change.org, and I supported. Tom Holland helped the fans out a little, so everything went back to normal, though MS and Sony are still sharing the rights. There is still the war going on, too. 

In 2021, the MCU started the Multiverse Saga. It was getting weird a little, and throughout the MCU’s history, there is a lot of inaccuracy to the comics, and there ware two mixed-reviewed MCU movies, Eternals and Ant-Man 3. One of the reasons is because Marvel Studios doesn’t have all of its lost character rights back completely. It’s missing the Spider-Man rights, which MS is sharing with Sony Pictures, who is abusing the rights by making Venom’s heinous cinematic universe and the ridiculous Spider-Verse movies. The Hulk and Namor rights, shared with Universal, who selfishly refuses to let MS make Hulk sequels and Namor films. The MCU Hulk is becoming weird, and Namor is messed up (there is the Talokan Namor, but I would like to think that the MCU has its own Atlantean Namor somewhere). The Marvel Robert E. Howard rights (including Shuma-Gorath), which is completely owned by Heroic Signatures (MS couldn’t use Shuma-Gorath for Doctor Strange 2 in 2022, so it created a monster that is sort of similar to it. I would like to think that the MCU has its own Shuma-Gorath somewhere). 

For the Multiverse Saga, it is becoming weird and messed up (some people believed that Bionicle G1’s multiverse stories may have been a factor to its first cancellation, which I could agree). I mean, there is 2014 Gamora trapped in 2023, and 2012 Loki trapped in the TVA headquarters. Plus, there is a piece of the Sony Venom symbiote stranded in the MCU (shown in Spider-Man: No Way Home), and MCU Vulture is trapped in the Sony Venom-verse (down in Sony’s Morbius). The Sony-related stuff is unacceptable. 

I hope that the MCU Vulture will go back to the MCU, the Sony Venom piece to the Sony Venom-verse, the 2014 Gamora to her timeline, and the 2012 Loki to his (the TVA said that they “reset” the timeline, but that doesn’t seem to be true, especially when Captain America returned the Infinity Stones to their proper timelines). 

About the rights issues, I have been asking Marvel Studios’s Facebook and Instagram pages this: 

“Hi, Marvel Studios. I am Lenny Tartaglia, a fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and your intention to have complete control over all of the lost character rights. I have a question: there are rumors about Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Google, or Disney planning to buy Sony Pictures to make it let go of the Spider-Man movie rights completely, so you can have SM back completely (we all want Spider-Man to stay in the MCU, you know). That’s been going on for many months. Plus, there are rumors about you guys getting the Hulk and Namor movie rights back from Universal completely (we want more solo films for Hulk, and movies for Namor, you know). They’re all over the Internet. So, are these true? Please at least look at it to do me and my fellow fans the favors.🙏 I know you guys can do it! Oh, and are you planning to get the Marvel Robert E. Howard rights (like Shuma-Gorath) from Heroic Signatures? Please do that for us, too. #HelpMarvelStudiosgettheSpiderManrightsbackcompletely #HelpMarvelStudiosgettheHulkrightsbackcompletely #HelpMarvelStudiosgettheNamorrightsbackcompletely 

#HelpMarvelStudiosgettheMarvelRobertEHowardrightsback ” 

I have been asking Disney’s Facebook page something similar.

When it comes to Sony’s non-MCU Marvel junk, I always tell Sony Pictures’ and Sony Animation Studios’ Facebook pages this: 

“Forget it, Sony. Nobody cares. The Morbius movie is terrible and junk, like the Venom movies. Better give up the Spider-Man rights completely, Sony, because Marvel Studios and Marvel Cinematic Universe are there, and we don’t need you anymore. Cancel your non-MCU Marvel stuff, too. They are not worth it anymore. It ends right now.” 

I also discovered some pages that prove my evidence about Disney or Apple planning to buy SP to help Marvel Studios get the Spider-Man rights from Sony Pictures completely: 

1. https://thewellesleynews.com/2019/09/26/rumors-swirl-as-apple-looks-into-acquiring-sony/ .
  2. https://www.ravepubs.com/the-movie-theater-is-now-dead-plus-a-prediction-apple-will-buy-sony/ .
  3. https://insidethemagic.net/2021/08/disney-buy-out-sony-al1/ .
  4. https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/exclusive-disney-sony-spider-man.html . 
  5. https://chipandco.com/disney-may-buyout-sony-to-gain-full-rights-to-spider-man-characters-442165/ . 

These sound legit. Plus, there’s this theory: https://screenrant.com/spiderman-marvel-sony-character-rights-lose-2023/ .

When it comes to this, I’m hoping that Sony Pictures will be the only one to lose the SM rights completely because it has a weak hold on it. Also, something relating to the article should happen some time this month. 

Also, there’s this theory about the Hulk and Namor rights: https://www.geekfeed.com/rumor-rights-for-hulk-and-namor-have-reverted-back-to-the-mcu/ .

When I told some fans in Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, and some social media comment sections, like Deadline Hollywood, Comic Book Movie, Screen Crush, and The Hollywood Reporters, about the theories and my intentions, I also told them to help MS get all of its lost characters rights back completely. That is because MS is trying to get the rights back completely, and I am supporting the cause because the MCU is successful, so I supporting the winning team. I got some responses from the fans. Some agreed with me. Some laughed at me and doubted me. I tried to convince them to think otherwise, even through Facebook Messenger and Instagram Messenger, but they foolishly never listen and were instead being immaturely rude to me. It’s hurtful. 

I believe that I would need the fans’ help to help MS get all of its lost rights back completely (and cancel Sony’s heinous Sony-verse, which has negative reviews all over, and ridiculous Spider-Verse movies. They are all forgettable, too). I also hope that the MCU will make itself more accurate to the comics (like introducing its own George Tartleston, the original MODOK from the comics, and Tony Masters, the original Taskmaster from the comics), and have its own counterparts to non-MCU characters that visited the MCU (like its own Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Sandman, Lizard, Electro, Eddie Brock, Venom Symbiote, Deadpool, and Wolverine). I believe and hope it would happen soon, hopefully during the end of or after the Multiverse Saga. I lost Bionicle twice, and I don’t want the MCU to end up like Bionicle by getting ruined and destroyed by other things, as I don’t want Sony, Universal, or Heroic Signatures to ruin and destroy Marvel Studios’ business or the MCU, and I want the MCU to fix its weird things (I don’t think the multiverse ideas in Bionicle and the MCU are good ideas because they could mess up logic and canon in some ways. I’m sure there are many other people who think that way, too, and the MCU’s multiverse idea got mixed reviews). So, that’s why I am trying to find a way to help Marvel Studios get all of its lost characters rights back completely. I pray that my goals will be achieved, hopefully soon. 

As for the DCEU, James Gunn said that he would use the Flash movie in 2023 to “reset” the DCEU into his own DC cinematic universe, right? Well, I hope he didn’t mean changing DCEU into a new universe. That’s not how hard reboots work. Why not replace it with a new universe, like how The Spider-Man movies in 2012-2014 replaced the ones in 2002-2007? James has some weird ideas going on, so I urge fans to help remove James from DC Comics before he would damage DC movies any more. It’s bad enough that we have a lot of DC universes happening at the same time, like that Batman movie in 2022 (why not make a DCEU Batman movie for our sakes?). DC movies need to straighten themselves out in our way, like how the MCU does things. 

So, there. I’m sorry for writing a lot, but that’s what I am doing since Bionicle got cancelled twice. I hope you guys understand my plans. Perhaps you guys could help out with those things as well. Like, you know, spread the word in social media.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Ngl, I did not read your entire rant, but personally I thought Into the Spider-Verse was excellent.

To answer your original question, when BIONICLE ended, I tried getting into Hero Factory but just couldn't. What did end up replacing BIONICLE as my "main" thing for a while was actually My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I also gained more of an interest in Star Wars, both as a franchise and the LEGO sets, with all the time and money freed up by BIONICLE's end.

That being said, I also tried focusing more on my own projects. 2010 was also the year I began work on a science fiction novel originally titled ELIKO: Legacy of Dystera (that was not good at all and should never see the light of day). Still, ELIKO was my first serious attempt at long-form fiction. I have a number of projects in development now, my two big ones being Ali the Alien and Queen of the Stars, which would not exist had I not taken that big first step with ELIKO. So, as much as I hate to admit it, the end of the BIONICLE G1 (plus unrelated personal issues) played a major role in forcing me to do my own writing.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

7 hours ago, Master Inika said:

Ngl, I did not read your entire rant, but personally I thought Into the Spider-Verse was excellent.

To answer your original question, when BIONICLE ended, I tried getting into Hero Factory but just couldn't. What did end up replacing BIONICLE as my "main" thing for a while was actually My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I also gained more of an interest in Star Wars, both as a franchise and the LEGO sets, with all the time and money freed up by BIONICLE's end.

That being said, I also tried focusing more on my own projects. 2010 was also the year I began work on a science fiction novel originally titled ELIKO: Legacy of Dystera (that was not good at all and should never see the light of day). Still, ELIKO was my first serious attempt at long-form fiction. I have a number of projects in development now, my two big ones being Ali the Alien and Queen of the Stars, which would not exist had I not taken that big first step with ELIKO. So, as much as I hate to admit it, the end of the BIONICLE G1 (plus unrelated personal issues) played a major role in forcing me to do my own writing.

You shouldn’t trust Sony on anything. I suggest people to make it let go of the Spider-Man rights completely. Their stories are junk these days. The Spider-Verse movies are in the middle or bottom of the food chain. I just don’t want Sony to ruin or destroy the MCU, like how Bionicle was canceled twice. That’s what my rant is about.

20 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

James has some weird ideas going on, so I urge fans to help remove James from DC Comics before he would damage DC movies any more.

You mean the same James Gunn behind some of the most beloved movies in the MCU? And the only good content DC has put out in years? 

There's a reason DC rushed to snatch him up when Disney temporarily kicked him out. And why he got put in charge of DC in the first place. The DC universe is such a jumbled tonal mess right now because it rushed too hard, too fast, to compete with the MCU. It's in desperate need of exactly the kind of reboot/reset Gunn seems to be planning. 

10 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

You shouldn’t trust Sony on anything. I suggest people to make it let go of the Spider-Man rights completely. Their stories are junk these days. The Spider-Verse movies are in the middle or bottom of the food chain. 

Strong disagree. The Spider-Verse movies are fantastic, on so many levels. 

And honestly I don't think Sony has done anything super egregious as a whole. They unfortunately ran Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man into the ground by trying too quickly to launch a cinematic universe (much like DC did), but they at least learned from their mistake and decided to work with Marvel instead of competing against them with Tom Holland's Spider-Man. And Far From Home definitely felt like an apology for that mistake in a lot of ways. 

I think the Venom movies are perfectly fine for what they are (dumb, fun popcorn flicks), making Morbius the only really massive misstep Sony have made so far. Marvel (arguably) and DC (inarguably) have had even bigger flops in the past, and both have demonstrated that it's possible to reinvent/refresh a franchise or character after a poorly-recieved instalment (eg. Thor Ragnarok for Marvel, or The Suicide Squad for DC). While I'm certainly dubious of some of the upcoming stuff they reportedly have planned, I'll wait and see how it all pans out before passing judgement. 

At the end of the day, Sony is a studio that wants to make money off their IP. I believe legally they have to make movies every few years to retain those rights. Unless Marvel offers them a truly stupid amount of money to get back those rights, the situation is unlikely to change for the time being.

EDIT: 

Forgot to respond to the actual main question of the thread.

After G2 ended stepped away from Lego and got back into my other collecting hobby, Mega Bloks/Construx (I know it's tantamount to treason to admit to this on a Lego forum, but whatever). Mainly their more modern Halo and Assassin's Creed stuff, but occasionally I've picked up some of their old Dragons and Pyrates stuff, as those were the themes that originally got me into the brand back in the early 2000's. I do a lot of custom figures and webcomics over on the MCX Gallery, even to this day. 

I follow a lot of the typical "nerdy" franchises - the MCU, Star Wars, Doctor Who, etc. I also started playing D&D with some friends from this site, and later started running a campaign for another group of friends. 

Similar to Master Inika, my main focus has been in personal writing. I've had a pretty consistent presence on the Bionicle RPG forums on this site, my university degree was writing-related, and my current job is with a local newspaper. I tried working on a Bionicle fanfic on this site back in 2014, but I was in university at the time and I ended up dropping it to focus on my studies. I've also finished a few novel drafts and sent them to publishers since finishing uni, but haven't had any success so far.

Currently I'm taking a break from novels to work on a new, major Bionicle fanfic (currently over 120,000 words), but I'm trying to actually finish it before I start posting anything, since I've had an awful habit in the past of starting stories and not finishing them. 

Edited by Nato G

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I went into seeing Into the Spiderverse with no expectations (neither high nor low, just a general Spidey fan), and I was blown away and thrilled and absolutely loved it. I'm not one to usually notice artistic style, but everything about it was "Wow!". Great soundtrack, got some genuine laughs, I really liked it. 

I'm also a sucker for old pixel-y fantasy RPG computer games, so I've played some of those on and off through the years. (Pokemon Insurgence, Pokemon Zeta, Aveyond, and some old Bionicle fan games from the archive here).

Like others in this thread, I've been following MCU and Star Wars, although the MCU is getting pretty cumbersome to follow and I haven't seen much past Shang Chi. I also have picked up DnD and my husband is prepping to run his first homebrew this fall, so that's exciting ^_^

IDK if baking, knitting, and teaching count as franchises I've gotten into, or just "real life", but the immersion into the craft feels analogous to how "into" the Bionicle universe I was, back in the day. 

• Like 1

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

I don’t understand you guys. When you said you like the Spider-Verse movies, you sound like Sony did the right thing. However, in truth, it didn’t when it went too far with the Spider-Man rights in 2007 (the fight in 2019 was the worst) while the MCU began in 2008 (I honestly think The Amazing Spider-Man movies in 2012-2014 were good, but not great. The Spider-Verse movies’ animation is shabby). You shouldn’t trust Sony. Sony would mean the downfall of the MCU if they keep on holding the Spider-Man rights, despite the MCU being much better at Sony. I lost Bionicle twice, and I don’t want to lose the MCU, which is like a new Bionicle to me. Whenever I tell people to have hope for Bionicle, some people were being pessimistic and don’t believe in hope. Some Marvel fans aren’t any better. I’m very disappointed to see this, even in some social media like Facebook and Instagram, and I have been doing my intentions for several years. I tried telling people rumors where hope could happen, and I have been trying to convince the people to do petitions or whatever to ensure that Bionicle could come back, and Marvel Studios will get the Spider-Man rights and the other sets of rights back from the companies that are abusing them completely. Some people who noticed agreed (but I haven’t seen them done anything yet) while some disagreed and ridiculed me. I would rather have Sony replace the Spider-Man rights with Bionicle (or maybe with Lego), so MS can have the SM rights back completely. I’m not ensure what good it would do to Bionicle, but that’s my idea. I hope you guys understand my pain and plan to do the petitions or whatever to help Bionicle and MCU (and maybe DC). I don’t know what else I could do to help Bionicle and the MCU. If Bionicle were still there, I would feel less offended from the verbally-abusive Marvel fans in social media. :( 

At the end of the day, there's not much right or wrong to what entertainment companies choose to do with the franchises they own. It's about money. Keeping some rights to produce Spider Man content is a huge money-maker for Sony, and frankly, it's nice to see how the Spiderverse puts more representation for people of color heroes and women heroes into the entertainment mainstream (as one of both). 

Two things can be good at the same time, and accepting that is much less tiring than the do-or-die false dichotomy your posts inevitably devolve into. My mistake for thinking this was actually a topic for anything else. 

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

2 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

I don’t understand you guys. When you said you like the Spider-Verse movies, you sound like Sony did the right thing. However, in truth, it didn’t when it went too far with the Spider-Man rights in 2007 (the fight in 2019 was the worst) while the MCU began in 2008 (I honestly think The Amazing Spider-Man movies in 2012-2014 were good, but not great. The Spider-Verse movies’ animation is shabby). You shouldn’t trust Sony. Sony would mean the downfall of the MCU if they keep on holding the Spider-Man rights, despite the MCU being much better at Sony.

When we say we "like" the Spider-Verse movies, we mean that we enjoy watching them. It's not a matter of Sony doing anything "right" or "wrong." At the end of the day, Sony, Marvel, DC, and LEGO are all corporations trying to get as much of us nerds' money as they possibly can, and sometimes making really good art in the process.

If you don't like the writing, directing, animation or other aspects of the Spider-Verse movies, that's fine, you don't have to. Most fans do seem to like those movies, though, so you're just going to have to admit you're in the minority view.

I lost Bionicle twice, and I don’t want to lose the MCU, which is like a new Bionicle to me. Whenever I tell people to have hope for Bionicle, some people were being pessimistic and don’t believe in hope. Some Marvel fans aren’t any better. I’m very disappointed to see this, even in some social media like Facebook and Instagram, and I have been doing my intentions for several years. I tried telling people rumors where hope could happen, and I have been trying to convince the people to do petitions or whatever to ensure that Bionicle could come back, and Marvel Studios will get the Spider-Man rights and the other sets of rights back from the companies that are abusing them completely. Some people who noticed agreed (but I haven’t seen them done anything yet) while some disagreed and ridiculed me.

Okay, I feel as though this is the heart of the issue. The end of BIONICLE (the first end, at least) was a hard thing for me, too. I remember thinking BIONICLE G1 would go until 2020 or even 2025, and then the news dropped. You should not view it in terms of you "losing" these franchises, though. If you have not, I highly recommend The TTV Channel's "BIONICLE Autopsy: You Killed BIONICLE." YouTube video. It goes over many points, but the main idea is: the memories you have of enjoying BIONICLE are still yours. The sets, the movies, the comics, the books and everything else still exist, they didn't go anywhere. LEGO or any other corporation cannot "take" your memories away from you.

Have you ever heard of the boy who cried wolf? When you tell people rumors, and then they don't come true, it makes you look unreliable and stops people from getting excited when the next batch of speculation comes along. There have been rumors of BIONICLE coming back every year it hasn't been on shelves, and they've only been true once.

But another issue is this: even if the Spider-Verse movies aren't good (which is subjective anyway), Sony or other companies aren't "abusing" these properties by making media you don't like. Copyright is not determined by who can make the material which will best satisfy you personally. (Copyright law is severely messed up, but for unrelated reasons.)

I would rather have Sony replace the Spider-Man rights with Bionicle (or maybe with Lego), so MS can have the SM rights back completely. I’m not ensure what good it would do to Bionicle, but that’s my idea. I hope you guys understand my pain and plan to do the petitions or whatever to help Bionicle and MCU (and maybe DC). I don’t know what else I could do to help Bionicle and the MCU. If Bionicle were still there, I would feel less offended from the verbally-abusive Marvel fans in social media. :( 

I'll be honest, I don't think this idea makes sense at all. Spider-Man is a fictional character who Marvel and DC compete for the right to make movies about. Movies are the main product. BIONICLE is primarily a toy. Plus, LEGO has nothing to gain by giving BIONICLE to anyone else. Even if it's not making them any money now, maybe in the future, when BIONICLE is really historically significant and retro (maybe circa 2050) LEGO could really have a valuable BIONICLE revival on their hands.

I get your pain, but you're not doing anything productive about it. What goes on with LEGO and what goes on in the comic book fandoms are almost completely unrelated, so BIONICLE existing or not existing shouldn't determine how you feel about Spider-Man or anything else.

(Plus, social media just encourages people to be toxic anyway for engagement, but that's a talk for another time.) My main point is, don't take it too personally.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

4 hours ago, Lenny7092 said:

Sony would mean the downfall of the MCU if they keep on holding the Spider-Man rights, despite the MCU being much better at Sony. 

I don't understand the logic here at all.

Spider-Man isn't the only character in the MCU. Arguably he's not even the most popular or important thing in the MCU. The franchise isn't going to spontaneously combust if Sony decide to hold onto the rights to one single character who's only really been a minor player in the overall story so far. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

after collecting all the bionicle sets i wanted, i decided to get into Transformers (i had been a fan beforehand, but not bought any of the figures)

by the time i have all of the TFs i want i'll probably go into Gundam

beware the slippery slope of investing money into plastic robots

cd8fe5e91d9a2d2ad25eceee0f67b726e8e8ae67.gif.9de126b854fc59a28d4a68fcd1ec0fd9.gif

i kinda stopped being into "franchises" and i don't really involve myself in fandom anymore. i'm (ostensibly) an adult now, and i have a lit degree and everything. my relationship to fiction is different than it was back then, and grand, overarching epic narratives with sprawling canons (and don't get me started on those) just don't interest me the way they used to.

the last thing i was big into, and this was when i was still a teenager, was homestuck. but that was years ago now.

that's not to say i've quit consuming fiction; to the contrary, i consume more--and more varied--stuff than i did back as a kid. but the way i feel about it isn't the same.

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight