Bionicle Sterling Sliver Hau M.O.C Contest

The Contest Ends 2/29/2024

Theme: Gods, Monsters & Hero’s

Construction Type :  Physical & Lego 3D Studio

Building System Restriction: 

2001 – 2004 Bionicle

All Lego Technic Pieces, That Are Not Theme Based

Color  Variance of Parts , That Existed In 2004
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can You Base Your M.O.C Around The Following Sentences?
I Radiate Absolute Power, No I Am The Power
I Am What, I Am!
By The Power of Mata Nui, I have the Power!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Points For Using The Following:
2001 Toa Torso
Toa Nuva Armor
Moving Parts
Metallic Silver Or Gun Metal Parts

More Allowed Items - No Points Awarded For Use!
Cosmetic 3D Printed Part Allowance: 5
Rubber-Band Allowance: 12

Not Allowed - Disqualification
System Parts: The Blocks.
CCBS Building System Parts: The Ball And Socket System.

Lego Studio Entries With 3D Color Modification Of Parts That Lego Does Not Have And M.O.C That Can Only Exist In A Digital Environment.
Editing Images Of M.O.C To Hide Issues That Related To Its Structure And How It Stands.

All M.O.C Must Have Been Made For This Contest!, Anything Made Before 11/16/2023 Cannot Be Used.

This contest is open to following USA, UK, Canada, France, Germany, New Zealand, Italy and Australia

This registers you for the contest!

View The Contestant's M.O.C's

The host of the contest reserves the right to cancel the contest, if there are not enough entries.

All entries will be saved and applied to another contest, if there is a cancellation.

The Prize!

Hau2.thumb.jpg.12c4de35b733695850aeed507997e4da.jpg

Hau1.thumb.jpg.1ed3029176e39f28e7cd8333bd096bad.jpg

123.thumb.png.ff6f625add23529d35ebb55262d19503.png

Edited by tourmalinex
ADDED NEW ZEALAND
  • Like 1

Sounds like a fun concept. I look forward to seeing what people come up with. 

EDIT: quick question re. the year restriction. Are we limited specifically to parts that came in sets from the 2001 to 2004 lines only, or can we use versions of those parts that were released in later years? For example, parts like Nuva shoulders and Metru legs were produced in other colours in later years. 

Edited by Nato G

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

5 hours ago, Nato G said:

EDIT: quick question re. the year restriction. Are we limited specifically to parts that came in sets from the 2001 to 2004 lines only, or can we use versions of those parts that were released in later years? For example, parts like Nuva shoulders and Metru legs were produced in other colours in later years. 

To follow up on this question, are we allowed Technic pieces that came with the larger sets from 2001-2004?

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

On 11/20/2023 at 4:49 AM, TERIDAX941 said:

Technically, the red slider body was used in 10023 Master builder set, so you can use that color at the very least :)

Yes that set works and so does everything you find in the LEGO BIONICLE: 2005 Ultimate Creatures Exclusive Accessories (8715) because the parts are from 2004. Parts List With Dates.

Question PPl Have Asked

1.Can I have a photo modified back ground as long as I do not hide my moc. Answer Yes, No Points

2.Can I place my moc on 12x12 lego blocks. The moc is just standing on them.Answer Yes, No Points

3.Can I pay someone to build a moc for me. Answer No.

4.Can I make a moc with another person and share the prize. Answer No.

5. Can I recolor parts? Answer No.

6. Can I use parts that have been cut to make a special part. Answer No.

7. What about stickers? Answer Yes,No Points

8.Do you grade on size? Answer No,On Complexities.

9. If I dont want the prize can I have the dollar amount in Canadian Money. Answer No.

10. I live in Korea can I be in the contests? Answer No.

11. What if my country makes me pay a custom fee? Answer,We will talk about that.

12.Does my moc pose matter for grading. Answer, Yes.

13.What if I believe you are being unfair in gradeing can I report you. Answer,No.

• Like 1

Just a reminder the form for this contest with auto lock on 12/16/2023. USA Pacific Time 12:59 pm. So I would submit on the 12/15/2023. The winner will be notified on 12/20/2023.  The pize will be mailed out at the most convenient time. Our the winner could choose to have the prize displayed at a local lego store for a few weeks.

Now for those people who used the google form as a way to complaint about the contest, aka that the prize is (fake).

That using 3d printed parts is making a mockery of all lego building contests. That real moc builders will denounce this (farce).

Your just causing a very very small inconvenient for me.

Edited by tourmalinex
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tourmalinex said:

As of now we have 12 unconfirmed participation in the contest. The goals to keep the contest on its current date is 20 confirmed participation. The contest end-date would be moved to 02/01/2024 if we dont have enough people.

Still working on my moc, but I'm definitely going to participate! :) Thanks again for hosting this, sorry if it's been a little rough to get going.

Quick question, will more or less points be allotted if you base your moc on more than one of the sentences?

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

36 minutes ago, TERIDAX941 said:

Still working on my moc, but I'm definitely going to participate! :) Thanks again for hosting this, sorry if it's been a little rough to get going.

Quick question, will more or less points be allotted if you base your moc on more than one of the sentences?

To make it simple have having one theme will give you 3 points

Using A mix of themes will give you 3.50 points however the scale would be 1 – 5

3.50/ 3 themes = 1.16 Point this is then disrupted into the 1 – 5 scale

So, every level 1 – 5 is worth 0.232 if you scored 4 that would be 0.928 x 3 themes your real points would be 2.784.

Real Points 2.784

You could score more with a mix or you could get less, because the mix is weighted harder.

Depending on how this contest goes we might funded more metal masks. The members of BZPower are respectful people.

Real you are, if you see my question/answer  list none of those came from BZP.

The reason I wouldn't ship to a country is because of shipping costs. Not that I dislike that country. When I ship it will have insurance, tracking, delivery confirmation and possibly sign here certified mail. I have a shipping budget of $30 and $20 for customs fees. I also added Italy and New Zealand as approved areas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tourmalinex said:

If anyone has a moc done early they sould tryout the google form for the contest. 

Just submitted mine. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

1 hour ago, Inspirations2Creations said:

Almost finished with mine, just need to work on the chest and head.

Should we just submit only one pic of the moc to the google form?

1 hour ago, eilrach said:

Are we allowed to add multiple photos? (just so you can understand the MOC better)

Hi, You can now load 4 pictures if you need to: Front,Back,Left,Right.

I would prefer one picture. The front picture of your M.O.C is the most significant.

Good luck to everyone who's still working on their entries. 

1 hour ago, confused piraka said:

finished the hands just need to take photos

1 hour ago, TERIDAX941 said:

Hours? it still ends on the 16th right?

3 hours ago, tourmalinex said:

I guess everyone is hold out to the last few hours of the contest.🤔

There is the possibility of a second place prize,just working on funding the shipping.

(I guess everyone is hold out to the last few hours of the contest) no its still 16th, that was just a figure of speech.